Re: The Great Race 2011

Postby happybaboon on Sun 9/Oct/11 7:14pm

neels wrote:News? Seriously?

They ALWAYS do that. Have done since I can remember - used to be worse, like a full quarter hour worth at about 20 laps to go. It's basically the worlds shittiest annual tradition :)
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby ryda on Sun 9/Oct/11 7:34pm

I missed the last 2hrs as some fucker ran into a power pole dowen the road :angry:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 9/Oct/11 7:40pm

Was it David Besnard? :D
happybaboon

Postby dented on Sun 9/Oct/11 7:42pm

Awesome finish with Lowndes cranking up the blowtorch. Good on him for keeping it clean. Tander can count himself lucky that no harm was done when his co-driver smeared it on the wall letting Lowndes through earlier in the race. Giz did well to stay in the top 10 after the mishap too I thought. He will win it one day, just not today.
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby neels on Sun 9/Oct/11 7:43pm

ryda wrote:I missed the last 2hrs as some fucker ran into a power pole dowen the road :angry:

I shouldn't laugh, but, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhoo, all you missed was a back marker adding about 0.5 seconds to Lowndes lap, which was just enough for him not to get a good crack at Tander. I guess I can live with that, be nice to see Lowndes win, but Skaife is a wanker so evens out to they deserve second. Good work for Murph for a podium.
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby happybaboon on Sun 9/Oct/11 7:46pm

Tander would have had to have gone around the same backmarker.... It's just one of those things. And he did get a good crack at him, with several possible corners. But Tander just drove a little too good for him. Great finish. All it needed was Murph up there making it a 3-way fight between guys who were already Bathurst legends :thumbsup:
happybaboon

Postby neels on Sun 9/Oct/11 7:52pm

happybaboon wrote:Tander would have had to have gone around the same backmarker.... It's just one of those things.

Yep, sadly it is. GT got past on the way up the mountain, CL got caught across the top, that's motor racing. The half an hour he spent queueing in the pits probably made more difference.
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby ryda on Sun 9/Oct/11 8:01pm

happybaboon wrote:Was it David Besnard? :D

it happened about the time :hmmm:

Yer I agree with you Neels, Skaife is wanker

Good on Giz for climbing back up the feild :thumbsup:

Not a Murph fan either...he opens his gob to much and his effort when he took Ambross out going into the chute a couple or 3 yrs back :hmmm:
ryda
"WTF"

Postby Colin on Sun 9/Oct/11 8:09pm

neels wrote:News? Seriously?

Couldn't find an English language stream of the Japanese Grand Prix, so I have Radio5 playing

Damn me, they went to the news too
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Spyder on Mon 10/Oct/11 8:02am

Murf has tended to keep his mouth shut a bit more since his general form has slipped (obviously getting good advice). He'll be hot property once he stops driving full time and they're all ringing around looking for a endurance co-driver.
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 10/Oct/11 9:39am

Kablammo!
happybaboon

Postby ryda on Mon 10/Oct/11 10:44am

what was his excuss ? seems very early in the corner ? did he forget to reset the brake bias ?
ryda
"WTF"

Postby Spyder on Mon 10/Oct/11 11:15am

Forgot to pump the pedal after the pad change. Arrived at the corner with no brakes, then after frantically pumping the pedal, got some rears and whammo!
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 10/Oct/11 11:59am

Shit happens. Might be that they didn't tell him to pump the brakes... And if he didn't realise they were doing a pad change... Well, OK, probably he should have known and they should have told him exactly what was going on in the pits before the stop even began etc etc... But you know, heat of the moment and there was a tiny lapse which turned into a hella massive fireball. It's a shame. But at least nobody got hurt AND I got to see a massive fireball. It was pretty cool. I was just starting to doze off on the couch after a busy week and then the commentators started freaking out :D
happybaboon

Postby pb on Mon 10/Oct/11 12:00pm

He claimed in an interview that the crew didn't tell him to pump the brakes. Kinda not cool to blame the team for something he should have known to do.
pb
"Mmmm, Beer."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts