Postby ThingOne on Fri 23/May/08 1:00pm

thorg wrote: :pmob: Hmmmm, some of the comments here have given me an idea.

I like to cook, and apparently am not too bad in the kitchen. If I offered to come around and cook a meal - in your house and with your food - and cleaned it all up again on my way out: would there be any takers :eh:

just to give you hard working new parents a break :)

I think you would !!.
We would have loved that back when..
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Malcy on Fri 23/May/08 1:01pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote: You're assuming Mum's and Dad's have spare time. Since the arrival of #2, I've had zero spare time. The section is a jungle, the washing gets done when it starts to talk back, and meals are prepared in mega bulk so we often end up eating lasagna several days in a row

I hear ya with that one!!!

ThingOne wrote: We need our own group, We currently have Vorbettes, what about VorbDads :thumbsup:

Sign me up! lol

It is a weird old thing, there are lots of support structures out in the world for mums. But the effects on dads is not to be sneezed at either. I'd love to take some parental leave with my partner, but the best thing on offer is 10 days unpaid leave.

A little support goes a long way I think.
Malcy
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Malcy on Fri 23/May/08 1:02pm

I like to cook, and apparently am not too bad in the kitchen. If I offered to come around and cook a meal - in your house and with your food - and cleaned it all up again on my way out: would there be any takers :eh:

WOW.

Honestly, that just brought tears to my eyes bro. Wow, it's so reassuring to know there are people in this world with a heart like that.
Malcy
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby wgtngrl on Fri 23/May/08 1:05pm

I probably shouldn't even be in this thread. But I'm glad I am. Cos it shows there are still come damn fine people in the world :thumbsup:
wgtngrl
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby thorg on Fri 23/May/08 1:06pm

:pmob: Forget the heart - I REALLY like cooking, its like my own form of therapy :D and I would of course be 'testing' the food as I prepared (as all good cooks should) - so would in effect also be getting a free meal out of it :paranoid:

I am pretty serious about it as well - would need to work out details on an individual basis, but why not :eh:
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Flyboy on Fri 23/May/08 1:09pm

Yeah, wheres Barks for that matter - hes the new dad in this area, In addition to getting the Tauranga MTB club off the ground. I could do something like that for him as well. Not that Im a great cook, but hey- why not.
Sure im not the cook that Thorg is though!
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby herbman on Fri 23/May/08 1:15pm

Malcy wrote:

It is a weird old thing, there are lots of support structures out in the world for mums. But the effects on dads is not to be sneezed at either. I'd love to take some parental leave with my partner, but the best thing on offer is 10 days unpaid leave.

A little support goes a long way I think.

its been talked about a bit between myself and my drinking club(with a orcharding problem) as we have all had kids around the same,and tend to be going through the same problems. but it is hard as the "kiwi male" is not ment to talk about tis type of thing.

i was also lucky to have broken my arm two weeks before zoe was born, 4 weeks paid leave through that was great. not the broke bit but that i could spend time getting to know the wee one and help out with the first few weeks of her life when you really don't know what is going on.

and i can even change nappies one handed now to.
herbman
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby DEAD on Fri 23/May/08 1:15pm

thorg wrote: :pmob: Forget the heart - I REALLY like cooking, its like my own form of therapy :D and I would of course be 'testing' the food as I prepared (as all good cooks should) - so would in effect also be getting a free meal out of it :paranoid:

I am pretty serious about it as well - would need to work out details on an individual basis, but why not :eh:

I kinda wish I had a kid now. id love to have my own personal chef.
DEAD
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby thorg on Fri 23/May/08 1:17pm

:pmob: For a small fee I could wear my "Dinsy is dreamy" shirt whilst I cooked ;-)
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby orangecruz on Fri 23/May/08 1:19pm

ThingOne wrote:

I think you would !!.
We would have loved that back when..

Waht about working Mum's who husbands keep going away on busiiness trips ... woudl you cook for them! :satan: Bring SweetP and I'll provide the wine! (I pour good wine)
orangecruz

Postby sweet_P on Fri 23/May/08 1:20pm

This is sounding good :lol:
sweet_P
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby thorg on Fri 23/May/08 1:35pm

:pmob: Hey - I'll cook for solo parent or tag team :) As long as its for a true 'time out' situation not people who are coping well and want a free cook for the night ;)

I mean, seriously: i get a few hours out with interesting people, doing something I like doing, and get a free meal! And you people think there is something wonderful about that? It's a win win - :thumbsup:

(OC - you line something up, we shall be there. Sweet_P and you can play with rug rat and I'll be all domestic in the kitchen)
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby Oli on Fri 23/May/08 1:41pm

You are a top man, Thorgy. :love:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby thorg on Fri 23/May/08 1:44pm

:pmob: :blush:
Actually a little embarrased now. It's nothing special, honest. :huh:
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby orangecruz on Fri 23/May/08 1:50pm

thorg wrote: :pmob: Hey - I'll cook for solo parent or tag team :) As long as its for a true 'time out' situation not people who are coping well and want a free cook for the night ;)

I mean, seriously: i get a few hours out with interesting people, doing something I like doing, and get a free meal! And you people think there is something wonderful about that? It's a win win - :thumbsup:

(OC - you line something up, we shall be there. Sweet_P and you can play with rug rat and I'll be all domestic in the kitchen)

I'm loving it. next time Mr OC is away - I am giving you guys a wad of cash to go get food and cook for me ... then we can all sit around and drink wine and talk crap (which we all do so well)!
orangecruz

Sifting - Latest Posts