Postby wgtngrl on Fri 23/May/08 10:55am

ThingOne wrote: Having children is the best form of Contraception.

Your kids are so cute :)
wgtngrl
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby sifter on Fri 23/May/08 10:56am

wgtngrl wrote:

The kids often have to be your own for this to work... :(
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby herbman on Fri 23/May/08 10:57am

ThingOne wrote: Its also nice for the dads to to be able to bottle feed.. I really loved that..

it is one of the things i look forward to at the end of the day now. that and baths.

our wee one is 4 months now and still not sleeping that well. which makes things hard on the my girl but we work through it. she gets breaky in bed now so that she can feed and go back to sleep with out having to get up plus gets cuddle time with zoe.

i tend to do alot more of the house work now and most of my time at home is spent looking after zoe so the girl can have a break and some time to her self. but it is also important to have some time for your self, for us it means that i get to ride my bike 1/2 times a week to keep me sane and stop fights about things that aren't really big deals.

the real big thing for us was getting it into your heads that it was easier to plan stuff.

now we do our meal plan on a sunday before we go food shopping(has also cut down our food bill), a real big step for us.
herbman
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby orangecruz on Fri 23/May/08 11:18am

ThingOne wrote: Yep I remember the bleary eyes having to wake up 5 times a night when the baby starts crying and just thinking you cant go on.
Like you I have a lot of respect for single mums, A LOT of respect..
Those first few months can be very trying for parents and if you where alone. phew.

!

I was a single Mum, and it was HARD. I was lucky - Thing One and his wife lived nearby (we met at ante natal) so we hung out a lot during the day whcih was great (so in case I have never thanked you Thing ONe ...... there you go!).

But the nights. I remember standing there in the kitchen one night, looking out over Wellignton ... looking for just one light to be on in another house so I wouldn't feel so alone.

Tell you what though - it is SO much easier by the 3 month stage.
orangecruz
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby sifter on Fri 23/May/08 11:22am

orangecruz wrote: But the nights. I remember standing there in the kitchen one night, looking out over Wellignton ... looking for just one light to be on in another house so I wouldn't feel so alone.

fuck... :cry:
sifter

Postby orangecruz on Fri 23/May/08 12:07pm

Hey but yeah ... life is GOOOOOD now. And boy do I have an apprecation for everythign I have. Beautiful daughter, husband who has taken her as his own, and a great income. It couldn't ahve turned out better than that.
orangecruz
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby sifter on Fri 23/May/08 12:09pm

orangecruz wrote: Hey but yeah ... life is GOOOOOD now. And boy do I have an apprecation for everythign I have. Beautiful daughter, husband who has taken her as his own, and a great income. It couldn't ahve turned out better than that.

It's fantastic things have turned around so nicely. Horrid to think that people go through that though...
sifter

Postby Spokes on Fri 23/May/08 12:16pm

wgtngrl wrote:

We should disscuss births then, maybe with photos!! :D :crazy: :cry:

Got some somewhere..........
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby wgtngrl on Fri 23/May/08 12:32pm

Spokes wrote:
wgtngrl wrote:

We should disscuss births then, maybe with photos!! :D :crazy: :cry:

Got some somewhere..........

:baaa: That won't be necessary.
wgtngrl
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Malcy on Fri 23/May/08 12:33pm

orangecruz wrote: But the nights. I remember standing there in the kitchen one night, looking out over Wellignton ... looking for just one light to be on in another house so I wouldn't feel so alone.

Wow. That's really scary. And not just cos your avatar has you there with a shotgun!

But man, I have no idea eh. My (ex) mate left his missus with 2 months to go. I have no respect for what he is now putting her through, and he has no real clue.

Anyway, what a thread. I was feeling pretty bloody dispondant last night, but a good nights sleep with a settled bubs and we're back on track.

Today is Cameron-Jaynes Zeroth Birthday! ha ha ha, yip, her actual due date and she is 8 weeks 2 days old.

Thanks to EVERYONE so far that has posted!!

I wonder if we should have a Welly based mums and dads day?
Malcy
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby ThingOne on Fri 23/May/08 12:49pm

orangecruz wrote: Hey but yeah ... life is GOOOOOD now. And boy do I have an apprecation for everythign I have. Beautiful daughter, husband who has taken her as his own, and a great income. It couldn't ahve turned out better than that.

Yep W0RD UP for OC... :thumbsup:
She had it pretty tough at the beginning, but has bounced back awesomely!.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 23/May/08 12:51pm

Malcy wrote: I wonder if we should have a Welly based mums and dads day?

You're assuming Mum's and Dad's have spare time. Since the arrival of #2, I've had zero spare time. The section is a jungle, the washing gets done when it starts to talk back, and meals are prepared in mega bulk so we often end up eating lasagna several days in a row
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby ThingOne on Fri 23/May/08 12:53pm

Malcy wrote:

Wow. That's really scary. And not just cos your avatar has you there with a shotgun!

But man, I have no idea eh. My (ex) mate left his missus with 2 months to go. I have no respect for what he is now putting her through, and he has no real clue.

Anyway, what a thread. I was feeling pretty bloody dispondant last night, but a good nights sleep with a settled bubs and we're back on track.

Today is Cameron-Jaynes Zeroth Birthday! ha ha ha, yip, her actual due date and she is 8 weeks 2 days old.

Thanks to EVERYONE so far that has posted!!

I wonder if we should have a Welly based mums and dads day?

One of the things I alwasy thought was that there is loads of support for Mums, ie PIN groups, Plunket, Coffee mornings.
But very little in the way of support groups for Dads..

I guess thats where Vorb comes in..

We need our own group, We currently have Vorbettes, what about VorbDads :thumbsup:
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby ThingOne on Fri 23/May/08 12:55pm

wgtngrl wrote:

Thanks... We like em :)
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby thorg on Fri 23/May/08 12:58pm

:pmob: Hmmmm, some of the comments here have given me an idea.

I like to cook, and apparently am not too bad in the kitchen. If I offered to come around and cook a meal - in your house and with your food - and cleaned it all up again on my way out: would there be any takers :eh:

just to give you hard working new parents a break :)
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Sifting - Latest Posts