Re: Go The Dads!

Postby gristle on Mon 23/Nov/15 1:10pm

Mr Mudlover, I've got an Ibert that you can borrow for a weekend, will need to sneak it out without the current user seeing it.

You do need ~20mm of clearance under the stem on the steerer for the clamp.

PM if keen, in Brooklyn.
gristle
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 23/Nov/15 1:32pm

Nice, ours just hit 6 months.

Gleeful little creature, lots of happy shrieks.

Current excitement is introducing sold foods, just for fun at this stage - nutrition is still breastmilk.
90% + of what's offered ends up on the floor, but there were little broccoli florets in the nappy this morning, so some of it's going down.

Fun factor is very high, smooshing food around has got to be in the top ten best games we've offered so far.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby znomit on Mon 23/Nov/15 2:57pm

I've got a wee ride gathering dust and will be down welly way in a few weeks.
znomit
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby catmannz on Mon 23/Nov/15 6:22pm

My 3 year old took her balance bike around the Wetland Loop at WTP on Sunday. Crushed it and loved it. She's now demanding that we all go there next weekend so she can do it again with mum as well.

Not sure that mum is quite as keen though
catmannz
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby mudlover/hater on Tue 24/Nov/15 6:15am

gristle wrote:Mr Mudlover, I've got an Ibert that you can borrow for a weekend, will need to sneak it out without the current user seeing it.

You do need ~20mm of clearance under the stem on the steerer for the clamp.

PM if keen, in Brooklyn.

Awesome thanks, Gristle! I might be able to come out this weekend during a drive with the grom. Could you please PM me your address and cell phone number so I can let you know a more definite time later in the week?

:thumbsup:
mudlover/hater
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Wed 6/Jan/16 7:51pm

Took little miss trouble (now 20 months old) to Onepoto Domain last weekend. They have a pretty cool paved bike track with various mini structures etc. She crushed it on her trike (the standard red/yellow kind), and rolled over her first drop off!

A couple of the other kids were even jealous of her fully sick Rockshox, SRAM and Avid stickers :D
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Thu 7/Jan/16 11:45am

Any of you lads used or have any comments on this:

http://rideweehoo.com/products/2015-igo/

I'd like to get out a bit more with the 3 yr old tyrant for some skidzz.
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby shifty on Wed 20/Apr/16 12:01am

IMG_9245.JPG
It's time to part with our beloved Christiania bike... this has been a mode of transport for us in Copenhagen since '05 and in Hokitika until 2 years ago when the back hub disintegrated. It needs some TLC and would be a great project for someone with nippers.
Can deliver to Christchurch.
Daughter not included.
shifty
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Mon 2/May/16 5:55pm

Holy shit my little girl just turned 2. Where the hell did that time go and why is she growing up so fast?
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 2/May/16 6:20pm

ShoreBoy wrote:Holy shit my little girl just turned 2. Where the hell did that time go and why is she growing up so fast?

That's gotta be a shocker!
Mine's about to turn one, which simultaneously feels like forever and hardly any time at all.
Velocipedestrian

Postby mudlover/hater on Sun 29/May/16 7:42am

Just took the grom out to wtp yesterday between downpours. Just a quickie up Jungles and a bit of Labyrinth til I admitted that it is actually quite steep when you've got a small human stopping you from leaning forward cos his helmet's bouncing off your sternum :D

Can't tell if he likes it or not. I'd liken his general demeanor to that of Mr Bean on a rollercoaster... Pretty apathetic ha. I reckon as long as he's not wailing he's into it at least a little.

Turning one in a couple of weeks and has been walking for the last few. Pretty flippin awesome to be part of Team Dad with you lot.

I feel like things are gonna get pretty fun now that his personality's starting to really come through.
mudlover/hater

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sun 29/May/16 10:01am

Wow, has he got a hugehuge cranium? Or did you put a toddlertoddler helmet in the dryer?
We looked at kiddie lids on crc & wiggle a couple of months ago, then at the plunket head-size chart. Came out with a prediction of the smallest helmet fitting at age two.

Enjoy that first birthday party - it's for you guys surviving a year.
We had ours last weekend, full house with oldest 87,and youngest 6 weeks.
Velocipedestrian

Postby mudlover/hater on Sun 29/May/16 10:24am

30th percentile for height and weight and 100th percentile for head circumference. So yup Jymungous head just like his old man. :) :) :)
mudlover/hater

Postby Cruzzer on Sun 29/May/16 10:30pm

I ended up getting a Thule Mini for xmas which mounts off the stem, kinda like the Ibert but imo a better set up. Very impressed with the design and build, and the boy absolutely loves its.
I use it on my SC Blur LTC.
The Blur has a short top tube, me also, so his helmet does touch my sternum. Also means that ascending isn't too easy so we stick to flat rides. Am aiming to switch it to another rig with a longer top tube, plus a bar with more sweep.
The Blur has a dropper post which is awesome when starting & stopping.

Balance bike for his 2nd birthday in Sept.
- recommendations ?
Cruzzer
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby EoinC on Mon 30/May/16 8:17am

mudlover/hater wrote:30th percentile for height and weight and 100th percentile for head circumference. So yup Jymungous head just like his old man. :) :) :)

These 2 rascals are now 25 and 17 years old. Trust me, their heads keep growing...
001.jpg
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Sifting - Latest Posts