Re: Go The Dads!

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sat 13/Jun/15 10:43pm

Hey, this thread.

I better get in on the action, a small human seems to have arrived in our house and eaten all the spare time and sleep we had stashed in the mattress.

W00t!
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby mudlover/hater on Sat 13/Jun/15 10:46pm

Awesome! Good work! You beat to the punch by about a week and a half... I'll let you know how we get on! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :blush:
mudlover/hater
User avatar
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sat 13/Jun/15 11:13pm

mudlover/hater wrote:Awesome! Good work! You beat to the punch by about a week and a half... I'll let you know how we get on! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :blush:

Good shit.

Our arrival was three weeks ago now,so we had a comfortable margin.

Good luck with the day (night) itself, it's quite the experience :)
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 23/Jun/15 11:39am

Velocipedestrian wrote:Hey, this thread.

I better get in on the action, a small human seems to have arrived in our house and eaten all the spare time and sleep we had stashed in the mattress.

W00t!


Congratulations! No other feeling like it eh?

You're right about the day/night itself, definitely an "experience"...I hope yours was, and yours Mudlover/hater is somewhat more routine than ours.

Sleep is now a thing of the past, but you will be amazed at what you can cope with and for my 2c, just how much being a dad changes your perspective on things.
ShoreBoy
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 23/Jun/15 1:09pm

ShoreBoy wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Hey, this thread.

I better get in on the action, a small human seems to have arrived in our house and eaten all the spare time and sleep we had stashed in the mattress.

W00t!


Congratulations! No other feeling like it eh?

You're right about the day/night itself, definitely an "experience"...I hope yours was, and yours Mudlover/hater is somewhat more routine than ours.

Sleep is now a thing of the past, but you will be amazed at what you can cope with and for my 2c, just how much being a dad changes your perspective on things.


Cheers :)

The night / morning was a good experience for us. At home, DIY, and no tricky business.

Sleep is surely a new religion, I worship it often. 6hrs across two chunks last night, a good night. It's easy to think "I've pulled all-nighters before, I can do it." Wrong, all-nighters traditionally come with a follow-up sleep in or catch up sleep, babies do not.

Still not sure when I'll get back on the bike, five weeks and counting - could be the longest sabbatical ever, including injury time.

Mrs Mudlover/Hater must be about due now.... How's it going out there? Keeping the house warm enough?
Good luck :thumbsup:
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby mudlover/hater on Tue 23/Jun/15 4:04pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
ShoreBoy wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Hey, this thread.

I better get in on the action, a small human seems to have arrived in our house and eaten all the spare time and sleep we had stashed in the mattress.

W00t!


Congratulations! No other feeling like it eh?

You're right about the day/night itself, definitely an "experience"...I hope yours was, and yours Mudlover/hater is somewhat more routine than ours.

Sleep is now a thing of the past, but you will be amazed at what you can cope with and for my 2c, just how much being a dad changes your perspective on things.


Cheers :)

The night / morning was a good experience for us. At home, DIY, and no tricky business.

Sleep is surely a new religion, I worship it often. 6hrs across two chunks last night, a good night. It's easy to think "I've pulled all-nighters before, I can do it." Wrong, all-nighters traditionally come with a follow-up sleep in or catch up sleep, babies do not.

Still not sure when I'll get back on the bike, five weeks and counting - could be the longest sabbatical ever, including injury time.

Mrs Mudlover/Hater must be about due now.... How's it going out there? Keeping the house warm enough?
Good luck :thumbsup:


Just got home today with little handsome boy! Born friday 19th. Mum's doing well after the slice and dice surgery... We're getting on like house on fire...

Riding could be a thing of the past for a wee while but so far that doesn't bother me one bit.... house-keeping-warm thing will be a learning process but the beast-heater in the lounge is keepng the grom pretty happy...

Super proud of mum and bubs!! ....and all of you great dads doing it tough with me...
mudlover/hater
User avatar
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 23/Jun/15 4:43pm

Good stuff MudL/H, well done Her.

House on fire = screams, choking & breaking windows?
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby mudlover/hater on Tue 23/Jun/15 4:51pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:Good stuff MudL/H, well done Her.

House on fire = screams, choking & breaking windows?


She = asleep

Baby = asleep on me while I type one handed....

I know, I know... nothingnewthere, a-hur a-hur... ;)
mudlover/hater
User avatar
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby Farm on Tue 23/Jun/15 6:30pm

Congratulations Velocipedestrian and Mudlover/hater. Enjoy fatherhood.
Farm
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby dwgknz on Tue 23/Jun/15 8:31pm

Congrats Velope and Mud L/H, great times ahead.

Having the baby sleeping on you is some of the best times when they so young!! Makes the hard work worth it.

You forget about what sleep is like, even when you are sleeping it's not the proper sleeping you did when you didn't have to worry about a sprog waking! Jut get your naps in when you can and make up for what your not sleeping in high calorie foods.
dwgknz
User avatar
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby swtchbckr on Tue 23/Jun/15 9:50pm

mudlover/hater wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Good stuff MudL/H, well done Her.

House on fire = screams, choking & breaking windows?


She = asleep

Baby = asleep on me while I type one handed....

I know, I know... nothingnewthere, a-hur a-hur... ;)

Hurr hurr as long as you're not doing 'that' with baby on board, all good... :hmmm:
swtchbckr
User avatar
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby EoinC on Tue 23/Jun/15 10:30pm

Congratulations to both families - Good stuff!
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby znomit on Tue 23/Jun/15 10:33pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 29/Jun/15 11:50am

So, a general parent question...

My partners aunt came to visit (small sprogs seem to bring relatives out of the woodwork).
She took photos of the wee one after asking, then later posted them to failbook, without asking...

Neither of us use the 'book, and were only alerted by another random relative.

We asked the aunt to remove the pics, which she did with poor grace...


We were instinctively not stoked to find out there were pictures of our progeny out on the wild web, but are not sure if this is just residual ludditeism which we need to get over as it's just how it is, or if our preference is valid and worthy of respect?

What say you, breeders of vorb?
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Go The Dads!

Postby scatter on Mon 29/Jun/15 11:55am

Not the done thing without asking (particularly not so if the parents aren't on the BookFace!)

I'm a super-proud auntie who wants to share the cuteness of my two nephs with the world but I ALWAYS ask my bro and his partner if I can post photos of the boys on the webz before I do
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

52 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Scotty and 48 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop