Postby Oli on Thu 22/May/08 11:13pm

relatively
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Spokes on Thu 22/May/08 11:14pm

Oli wrote: relatively

Shhhhhhhhh
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Oli on Thu 22/May/08 11:15pm

:D

It's our job to both reassure new dads and to terrify them, you know that. ;)
Oli

Postby Spokes on Thu 22/May/08 11:19pm

Did you see that Investigate or 60 mins last night with the family that had 2 kids get brain cancer at the same time? F@#k that, that would do my head in. I dont think I could handle one that sick let alone two.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby Oli on Thu 22/May/08 11:20pm

Oooookay, too far Spokes! :crazy:
Oli

Postby Spokes on Thu 22/May/08 11:24pm

OK, not what I ment to freak Malcy out. This one I was talking about was on TV last night. Its like a trillion to one chance it could happen. I watched it and for some reason cant stop thinking about it. The kids seem to have come right now.
Spokes

Postby Oli on Thu 22/May/08 11:28pm

Glad to hear it. And I feel your pain...
Oli

Postby musket on Thu 22/May/08 11:31pm

My nephew got my name right tonight for the first time. Then he followed me roudn for a few hours saying, inquisitorially.

I eventually confessed to stealing his toy car and eating half his chocolate biscuit.
musket
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Oli on Thu 22/May/08 11:32pm

:D
Oli

Postby Spokes on Thu 22/May/08 11:35pm

My 18month boy trys to put the head of my track pump on to valves of tyres at the shop then pumps the handle. The pump is still taller than him but he gives it a good go.

Awwwwww
Spokes

Postby musket on Thu 22/May/08 11:37pm

Nice. Gub (my nephew) loves to get my pump and blow his hair back with it. It must tickle, because he eventually collapses in laughter.
musket
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Grumpyoldman on Fri 23/May/08 12:00am

When ours were little I would stay up till midnight and do the late feed while mum slept in the evening. Mum usually did the early morning stuff.

I would then get up and start the morning routines before I went to work.

4 hourly feeds were a bitch.

You just get them sleeping through, then they get sick or start teething, then you have to start all over again. Life is much easeir if baby isn't in your room or even worse, your bed.
Grumpyoldman
"Hood Ornament"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby Thermo on Fri 23/May/08 12:28am

I used to get up and do most of the night feeds so my wife could sleep through - she had to do all the work during day when I was at work. I could handle the lack of sleep better than her.

24 hour TV is a godsend when you're up feeding a baby. Although I got sick of watching Dad's Army reruns and weird documentaries about China.

Sometimes when my wife did do the night feeds, she'd tell our sons our family history - who their grandparents were and their extended family in England.

We could see the motorway off in the distance from the baby's room so I'd sometime just watch the cars going past and wonder where they were going.

Hang in their bud. Believe me and the other dads on here - it DOES get easier and before long you'll wonder what all the fuss was about....... until the next one ;-)
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby jeremyb on Fri 23/May/08 6:59am

dented wrote:
Oli's right about the micro sleeps. I (still) catch a quick nap while waiting at a red light sometimes. Only do it when there is a car in line behind, I find they are always kind enough to beep when its time to go :D

Move to auckland and you could get 8 hours on the way to work! :D
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby dented on Fri 23/May/08 7:13am

jeremyb wrote:
dented wrote:
Oli's right about the micro sleeps. I (still) catch a quick nap while waiting at a red light sometimes. Only do it when there is a car in line behind, I find they are always kind enough to beep when its time to go :D

Move to auckland and you could get 8 hours on the way to work! :D
Nah, all those lattes would be giving me insomnia :(
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Sifting - Latest Posts