Postby Nick_K on Tue 29/Apr/08 1:31pm

way_downsouth wrote: I am just realising how great this trail makes linking other riding in the region.

Subject to the weather, I am hoping to ride from Karori, the Skyline to Mt Kaukau, Old Coach Road, up Ohariu Valley Road and over to Redwood, up Takapu Road to Belmont Regional Park, around the tracks to the Trig, down to the Korokoro Dam track to Cornish St and back home again.

Sounds like an awesome ride, would love to join you if I wasn't working.

Must get out there and explore some day.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby way_downsouth on Tue 29/Apr/08 1:38pm

Nick_K wrote:
way_downsouth wrote: I am just realising how great this trail makes linking other riding in the region.

Subject to the weather, I am hoping to ride from Karori, the Skyline to Mt Kaukau, Old Coach Road, up Ohariu Valley Road and over to Redwood, up Takapu Road to Belmont Regional Park, around the tracks to the Trig, down to the Korokoro Dam track to Cornish St and back home again.

Keep in touch, if the weather is bad I will be hoping to do it on the 10/11th
way_downsouth
"Average at best"
Member for: 17 years 1 month

Postby DaveAldred on Tue 29/Apr/08 1:53pm

way_downsouth wrote:
Nick_K wrote:

Hi Waydownsouth.

Like the sound of your ride mate. Be keen to catch up for a nice big ride like that sometime. If you are short of a riding buddy for anything fun like that drop me a line davealdred AT gmail

Cheers
davo
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby way_downsouth on Tue 29/Apr/08 1:58pm

DaveAldred wrote:
way_downsouth wrote:
Nick_K wrote:

Hi Waydownsouth.

Like the sound of your ride mate. Be keen to catch up for a nice big ride like that sometime. If you are short of a riding buddy for anything fun like that drop me a line davealdred AT gmail

Cheers
davo

Davo - I know that you are way quicker than me, and I am sure riding with someone in BDO kit while I am in KPMG kit is wrong, but I will let you know when this ride is happening.

Pete
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby DaveAldred on Tue 29/Apr/08 2:27pm

Haha! You know who I am. I don't think we have met. I would recognise you from the races if you recognise me.

I love long rides when I have the family credits built up to do them.

These nice bog rides have nothing to do with being quick. All about the fun and cold sausage rolls.

Cheers
Davo
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Colin on Tue 29/Apr/08 4:58pm

Karapoti Gorge =} Pram Track =} Dopers =} Moonshine (never this bit myself, but I understand there is a way from Dopers to St Pats) =} St Pat's Forest =} Dry Creek =} Belmont Trig =} Takapau Rd =} Redwood =} Spicer Forest =} Ohariu Rd =} Mt Kaukau =} Makara Peak =} Wrights Hill =} Redrocks

That's just silly.
Colin
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby way_downsouth on Tue 29/Apr/08 5:20pm

:pmob: That is a massive ride there Colin (I don't know a lot how to do some of the tracks). I need to work on my fitness to be able to do that, at a guess it would be 9+ hours.
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby Monolith on Tue 29/Apr/08 6:22pm

Colin wrote: Karapoti Gorge =} Pram Track =} Dopers =} Moonshine (never this bit myself, but I understand there is a way from Dopers to St Pats) =} St Pat's Forest =} Dry Creek =} Belmont Trig =} Takapau Rd =} Redwood =} Spicer Forest =} Ohariu Rd =} Mt Kaukau =} Makara Peak =} Wrights Hill =} Redrocks

That's just silly.

Weather permitting, I'm keen to do this shortly (Saturday?) :)

At the bottom of Dopers head towards BRB for about 200m, until you can cross the river on the left. Take this turn, and you'll get onto a decent climb that takes you up to a T intersection - you can go either way here, both come out on Bull Run Road from memory. Then head left, and along to moonshine road. Thre is a trail starting onthe other side of the road a wee way along to head into St. Pats forest.
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Nick_K on Tue 29/Apr/08 6:42pm

Colin wrote: Karapoti Gorge =} Pram Track =} Dopers =} Moonshine (never this bit myself, but I understand there is a way from Dopers to St Pats) =} St Pat's Forest =} Dry Creek =} Belmont Trig =} Takapau Rd =} Redwood =} Spicer Forest =} Ohariu Rd =} Mt Kaukau =} Makara Peak =} Wrights Hill =} Redrocks

That's just silly.

What an epic, I'd be keen to give it a crack.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby goldfish on Tue 29/Apr/08 7:13pm

Hmmm. Take chammy-cream :crazy:
goldfish
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Jim on Tue 29/Apr/08 7:18pm

ooooooh, no were fit enougth for this yet, maybe next summer.
Jim
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Monolith on Tue 29/Apr/08 7:20pm

goldfish wrote: Hmmm. Take chammy-cream :crazy:

gnar, just HTFU and develop buns of steel like me :D
Monolith

Postby Nick_K on Tue 29/Apr/08 7:21pm

Monolith wrote:
goldfish wrote: Hmmm. Take chammy-cream :crazy:

gnar, just HTFU and develop buns of steel like me :D

Mmm arse callous
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby goldfish on Tue 29/Apr/08 7:24pm

I pity the doctor who gets to lance them...
goldfish
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Monolith on Tue 29/Apr/08 7:28pm

HA!

Did you hear that Nick?

GF pities you! :D
Monolith

Cycling | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts