Taupo Downhill Riding

Postby jamespage on Fri 3/Apr/09 11:44am

Hey just moved to taupo from canada. just looking to get sideways with some other riders. always up for a after work ride. if you happen to be heading up to rotorua for a ride i will gladly pay for some fuel. reply here or call 378 9669.
Last edited by jamespage on Tue 26/May/09 4:22pm, edited 2 times in total.
jamespage
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Taupo Downhill Riders

Postby XCrazy on Fri 3/Apr/09 2:01pm

Drop in to Top Gear Cycles and have a chat to Nigel the mechanic. He will be the most helpful to you :thumbsup:
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby XCrazy on Fri 3/Apr/09 3:45pm

Clarification of my above post....
Nigel built the sole jump/downhill track in Taupo and goes to Rotorua every now and then for rides. Have a chat to him and he'll help out with advice etc
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby SamKnight on Fri 3/Apr/09 7:22pm

that track's more of a jump track than dh, imo probably best on something like a reign x or similar
SamKnight
"Meh"
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby jamespage on Mon 4/May/09 9:37pm

Hey to whoever reads this. Polishing up Coles Killer so it would be great if people would start blasting down it to rip it in again. Tell your friends to ride it too.
jamespage

Postby jamespage on Fri 8/May/09 4:34pm

So Coles Killer is all cleaned up so that you can atleast ride it without looking like a christmas tree coming out of the trail.
jamespage

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 8/May/09 5:53pm

jamespage wrote:So Coles Killer is all cleaned up so that you can atleast ride it without looking like a christmas tree coming out of the trail.

good work , will check it out next time I'm across

also rememeber there are the shuttles running in vegas on the DH tracks oveer here too
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby jamespage on Fri 8/May/09 6:41pm

yeah it is a good trail. and it only takes 20 minutes to get back to the top the long way and walking. the trail just needs to be widened out in a couple areas to keep it more wide open for speed but as of right now i am just trying to lap it to get it ripped in again and some jumps packed back down. yeah i went with nigel from top gear to roto a couple weekends ago. issue is getting rides. no car. so if you find yourself going yourself with your own car or someone else and they do not mind an extra body give me a call, email or post here. always willing to give some cash for fuel. 378-9669

pushbikerider wrote:
jamespage wrote:So Coles Killer is all cleaned up so that you can atleast ride it without looking like a christmas tree coming out of the trail.

good work , will check it out next time I'm across

also rememeber there are the shuttles running in vegas on the DH tracks oveer here too
jamespage

Postby jamespage on Fri 8/May/09 8:53pm

anybody want to make a team from taupo for the dawn to dusk race on the 21 of june?
jamespage

Postby rosie4 on Sat 23/May/09 5:17pm

How many Taupo riders are up for the Dawn 2 Dusk event in Rotorua on the 21st of June.
http://www.vorb.org.nz/dawn-dusk-gravity-endurance-event-rotorua-t95795.html

The entry form will be up tonignt on Vorb and the Rotorua MTB Club website. http://rotorua.mtbclub.org.nz/
rosie4
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby jamespage on Sat 23/May/09 10:08pm

rosie4 wrote:How many Taupo riders are up for the Dawn 2 Dusk event in Rotorua on the 21st of June.
http://www.vorb.org.nz/dawn-dusk-gravity-endurance-event-rotorua-t95795.html

The entry form will be up tonignt on Vorb and the Rotorua MTB Club website. http://rotorua.mtbclub.org.nz/

I have got the time off with my boss now I just need to figure out a ride there. If anybody is willing to score me a drive I have money for some fuel. Sweet.
jamespage

Postby mongooserider2117 on Sun 24/May/09 10:11am

hey does anybody know when the logging at craters of the moon will be finished and if there logging on the tracks?? thanks.
mongooserider2117
"I have a chip in my brain and when i meet idiots it heats up, right now it feels like the sun"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby jamespage on Sun 24/May/09 10:19am

mongooserider2117 wrote:hey does anybody know when the logging at craters of the moon will be finished and if there logging on the tracks?? thanks.

they are pretty well done logging in the back of Craters. I believe it is just cleanup and re planting now. craters has heaps of tracks but only one true downhill run. Coles Killer. I have just cleaned it up and it is super flowy and pretty fast. check it out.
jamespage

Postby mongooserider2117 on Sun 24/May/09 10:40am

hey, Is anybody free for a x.c ride from the carpark to the rock garden to warm up then dropped off at the top of luge then coles killer??? txt me on 02102517270 cheers
mongooserider2117
"I have a chip in my brain and when i meet idiots it heats up, right now it feels like the sun"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby jamespage on Sun 24/May/09 8:49pm

mongooserider2117 wrote:hey, Is anybody free for a x.c ride from the carpark to the rock garden to warm up then dropped off at the top of luge then coles killer??? txt me on 02102517270 cheers

do not have a cell phone, so if oyu can plan far enough ahead, right something here and we can make something happen.
jamespage

Cycling | Downhill Racing | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Taupo | Taupo Region - Latest Posts