Re: Taupo Day-night Thriller

Postby nagem on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:22pm

*watches the positivity flowing away*
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby RussS on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:32pm

XCrazy wrote:Either that or everyone has done it now once or twice and realize how dull the riding is....

Exciting riding is not really what these things are about. You want excitement you do something like the Brakeburner
- events like this are more fun type events targeted at people wanting to do the group dealio.

nagem - don't stress it .... we will be there at Moonride and DNT next year with more teams and an even more fun atmosphere. Providing of course as numbers go down they don't ramp up the entry fee.

Although we are not a large event like DNT, the Hamilton club was very concious of the cost to attend events when we ran our inaugural Pukete Spaghetti last year and have kept the race fees pretty minimal for this years event.
Last edited by RussS on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
RussS
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby briiii on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:37pm

Yeah, I don't think this is a particularly pricy event... we camped for 2 nights and had a team of 3 so it made it pretty economical really.

I thought the track was pretty sweet as a fairly n00bie rider and it did well in terms of catering for a range of abilities and skill levels.

There are always the people who bitch and moan about the price of events and how boring the courses are... maybe they can all go off and have a wankfest together and leave the rest of us to have our fun.
briiii
"I'm a bikesexual"
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:40pm

This year I chose not to ride DNT, and number of factors, only having a rigid SS (or my DH bike :crazy: ), I'm also taking a bit of a rest from the endurance thing (tying to have fun and wanting to be fit and ready properly for the next enduro I do)

after sifitng in the pits and doing most of a lap (I rode back in from a few hours riding at craters), I'll be back next year odds on
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby ArjanH on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:46pm

briiii wrote:There are always the people who bitch and moan about the price of events and how boring the courses are... maybe they can all go off and have a wankfest together and leave the rest of us to have our fun.

Hahahaha .... nicely put!

pushbikerider wrote:This year I chose not to ride DNT, and number of factors, only having a rigid SS (or my DH bike :crazy: )

Shouldn't have let go of that 5.5 :) .

I couldn't make it in the end this year, part of my team decided to go to Tonga and the other part had a suspected stroke. (that'll teach me for riding with old farts). He's ok though before you ask.
ArjanH

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:50pm

ArjanH wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:This year I chose not to ride DNT, and number of factors, only having a rigid SS (or my DH bike :crazy: )

Shouldn't have let go of that 5.5 :) .

given that I am between Turners yes I'm thinking that, but it was barely being ridden normally, so was better in someone else's shed, in a few weeks I will have a new Flux which will be great
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby RussS on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:51pm

Was a very rideable track for a SS
RussS

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:53pm

RussS wrote:Was a very rideable track for a SS

yup
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 14/Sep/09 9:57pm

I know, I SS'd there last year, the year before that I rode in a fixxed team (700c rigid), but 6 or 12 hours solo on a rigid SS wasn't my idea of fun (yes, yes I know that Honeymonster did it)
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby steelrider on Mon 14/Sep/09 10:37pm

pushbikerider wrote:

I know, I SS'd there last year, the year before that I rode in a fixxed team (700c rigid), but 6 or 12 hours solo on a rigid SS wasn't my idea of fun (yes, yes I know that Honeymonster did it)

I also did the rigid SS 6hr solo. Was fun . . . and sore!
steelrider

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 14/Sep/09 10:40pm

steelrider wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

the GF rig packs a massive 75mm travel up front, and I felt like I'd been 12 rounds rather than 12 hours :crazy:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Mon 14/Sep/09 10:46pm

slidecontrol wrote:
steelrider wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

the GF rig packs a massive 75mm travel up front, and I felt like I'd been 12 rounds rather than 12 hours :crazy:

Definitely going short travel full suspension if I do it again next year,
was aching all over after riding 2 hardtails (Soma Juice 29er with 100mm forks, and Gt avalanche 0.5 with 70mm forks)
I've learned my lesson, and will be tweaking a few things.
body's still sore, but it hasn't put me off riding :love:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby nagem on Tue 15/Sep/09 7:46am

briiii wrote:Yeah, I don't think this is a particularly pricy event... we camped for 2 nights and had a team of 3 so it made it pretty economical really.

I thought the track was pretty sweet as a fairly n00bie rider and it did well in terms of catering for a range of abilities and skill levels.

There are always the people who bitch and moan about the price of events and how boring the courses are... maybe they can all go off and have a wankfest together and leave the rest of us to have our fun.

That's beautiful. :)
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 15/Sep/09 12:50pm

nagem wrote:
briiii wrote:Yeah, I don't think this is a particularly pricy event... we camped for 2 nights and had a team of 3 so it made it pretty economical really.

That's beautiful. :)

Agreed, damn well said!!
ShoreBoy

Postby ryda on Mon 21/Sep/09 12:36pm

Wonder if the offical photo's are going to become available before chirstmas ?
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Random PXTs | Regions | Taupo | Taupo Region | Vogs - Latest Posts