Re: Tama Retires From Vorb

Postby Devils_Sunrise on Wed 19/Aug/09 7:08am

Thanks for your incredible contribution to New Zealand mountain biking. It wouldn't be the same without a website like this and a team behind it running it as smoothly as you guys.
Good luck for the future,
:love:
Devils_Sunrise
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby pinkmaggit on Wed 19/Aug/09 8:16am

Thanks for getting me back on the bike after 9 years away.
pinkmaggit

Postby thorg on Wed 19/Aug/09 9:14am

Thanks to me blocking vogs I managed to miss this :(

thanks for the hard work.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Butch on Wed 19/Aug/09 9:15am

Bumcakes.

We need a Tama's best of vrob thread.

All the best for new endeavours budday. :)
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Wookie on Wed 19/Aug/09 9:57am

Ah the big T Man steps down.... passes the torch..... pisses off... what ever you want to call it !! sniff sniff! Canne believe it!

Anyway had to return for a post on such an occasion... (few and far between nowadays.... nevertheless VORB has turned into quite the behemoth! can't believe its been that many years since you decided we should organise rides on line?....) woohoo... And quite a few rides have been organised since ;)

What on earth will you do with yourself now!! no excuses but to ride more dude ;) ofcourse once you get that leg sorted out!!

Rok On!

J

ps did we ever decide what VORB stood for?
Wookie
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby thecharmed01 on Wed 19/Aug/09 10:17am

Wow... late but meh.....

Never thought I would see the day!!! Tis been a long haul Tama, from the little weeny site I remember Dazzle ranting and raving about, to the little space you made me on your server - to when the unthinkable happened and VORB got too big and couldnt fit anything else on it!
You've done well not only surviving this long without going TOTALLY insane (and yes I am well aware you are on the brink) and at the same time managing to continue to grow in leaps and bounds with the site.
Good ole Kiwi ingenuity!!

Enjoy the retirement, and all the best with the healing......
I look forward to seeing your next project, let's hope it doesnt eat you alive like this one has threatened on occasion!!!!!

Thanks for all the support over the years with both biking and web related endeavours!!!!

much love
C1
xx
thecharmed01
"Slave to Rogue"
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Wed 19/Aug/09 10:21am

stink. cant add much, but vorb has certainly brought many lulz indeed. it's been wicked bol, best of luck in future.
hugs, kisses and lots of love from your favourite Dick

Good night sweet prince.
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby maxwel on Wed 19/Aug/09 10:58am

Thanks, Tama, for what you've done for cycling over the years. Your input has been immense. I'm glad that CAN recognised this while you were still active: http://archive.can.org.nz/awards/awards07.htm
All the very best for your 'retirement'. And I hope that you heal soon.
maxwel
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby slidecontrol on Wed 19/Aug/09 11:59am

harden up, you've got another leg :p
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"

Postby Pollmeister on Wed 19/Aug/09 12:35pm

Tama wrote:...The nurse has just left and she was really impressed with the progress I've been making (I'd had a different nurse for the past 5 days) ...

Need pics of said nurses :love: , along with a 'rate me' poll, come on Tama one last poll? :D
Pollmeister
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Gunna on Wed 19/Aug/09 1:01pm

Cheers for all the hard work Tama. Hope the recovery goes well.
Obviously we may not see you on the QCW in November (or will we).
Thanks again
Gunna
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Tama on Wed 19/Aug/09 1:15pm

Gunna wrote:Obviously we may not see you on the QCW in November (or will we).

Hopefully, yes - missing the 10th anniversary would suck! Hopefully I'm not being too optimistic thinking I'll be riding again in a month (please please please) - which gives me time to get some fitness back. Although my plan to ride something really inappropriate and still be grinning at the end of the ride will be shelved for riding a sensible bike and not dying. I'll hope to get some more info about the QCW up later this week but it will be organised by "Tama" rather than "Vorb" - as there is a difference now :p

I'm damn lucky to have Rik to take over - he's a bloody good guy and very very passionate about cycling - you can read more about him and give him a bit of welcome here: http://www.vorb.org.nz/introducing-rik-t99558.html
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Wed 19/Aug/09 2:33pm

farewell, agree with all above.. top effort, and hope you managed to get a fat check in your pocket at the end of it all.

maybe now is a good time to also leave? stop wasting time here and get out on the bike???
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 19/Aug/09 2:37pm

Tama wrote:
Gunna wrote:Obviously we may not see you on the QCW in November (or will we).

Hopefully, yes - missing the 10th anniversary would suck! Hopefully I'm not being too optimistic thinking I'll be riding again in a month (please please please) - which gives me time to get some fitness back. Although my plan to ride something really inappropriate and still be grinning at the end of the ride will be shelved for riding a sensible bike and not dying. I'll hope to get some more info about the QCW up later this week but it will be organised by "Tama" rather than "Vorb" - as there is a difference now :p

I'm damn lucky to have Rik to take over - he's a bloody good guy and very very passionate about cycling - you can read more about him and give him a bit of welcome here: introducing-rik-t99558.html

Rik has questionable taste in shoes, I'm told
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Chickenman on Wed 19/Aug/09 2:39pm

I liked his road shoes :blush:
Chickenman
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Sifting | Tama's Random Ramblings | Vogs | Vorb - Latest Posts