Re: Talkback Tuesday: Vorb State Of The Nation

Postby znomit on Tue 16/Jun/15 8:00pm

How broke do you have to be before we can pay to get someone banned?

:sneaky:
znomit
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby Malcy on Tue 16/Jun/15 8:38pm

philstar wrote:correct me if i am wrong but in the EP days before the change in of format there used to be more organization of "open" social rides through vorb?

Now this is a great idea! I met some of my closest riding buds WAY back in the days where we had Vorb Mobs in Wellington, and while I never got on board with one, the old days of the organised QCW rides were something else, judging by the pics.

And the old Hamilton trip? Ha! The "extras" reel on Addiction made that look an absolute hoot!!!

So yeah, let's get this mofo greased, oiled and back to the heady days!

Amen for the donate button, but anon.
Malcy
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby Clarky on Tue 16/Jun/15 9:14pm

Bring back "The Pit" and the "Chch MTB Mafia" forums! While we rest, sausages are going unmolested! :p
Clarky
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby Malcy on Tue 16/Jun/15 9:41pm

Clarky wrote:Bring back "The Pit" and the "Chch MTB Mafia" forums! While we rest, sausages are going unmolested! :p

Ah, The Pit.... many the time that a thread would last maybe one page, before... .BOOM! To the pit! lol
Malcy

Postby Malcy on Tue 16/Jun/15 10:08pm

I might also suggest killing the secret forums too.

Used to be in them, I see no point to them really. Just a thought. Though I utterly believe in the Vorbette's forum.
Malcy

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 16/Jun/15 11:09pm

Malcy wrote:I might also suggest killing the secret forums too.

Used to be in them, I see no point to them really. Just a thought. Though I utterly believe in the Vorbette's forum.

You believe it exists? Or that it has some intrinsic value?

Not dissing, I need to get my partner hooked up with some Vorbettes so she has someone to ride with - we're gonna be taking turns riding/baby minding for a few years now.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Wed 17/Jun/15 3:47am

Velocipedestrian wrote:

You believe it exists? ...

The first rule of the Vorbette's forum is that you don't talk about the Vorbettes' forum.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 17/Jun/15 6:28am

Clarky wrote:Bring back "The Pit" and the "Chch MTB Mafia" forums! While we rest, sausages are going unmolested! :p

The pit actually still exists! It's just a complete frickin' NIGHTMARE to find amongst the whole channels thing...

I spent a lot of time wallowing there in the filth last week. Good times. :lol:
Scotty
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 17/Jun/15 6:33am

Yup, that idea has done it's dash. In the long run it's actually counter-productive and hurts the site and community as a whole.

Vorbettes on the other hand: Always have been, always will be, or are they? In any case: nothing changes there.
Scotty

Postby lubie on Wed 17/Jun/15 8:45am

Simonius_Titius wrote:The first rule of the Vorbette's forum is that you don't talk about the Vorbettes' forum.

I suspect this is a boy's rule. Do you really want to know about our secret women's business?
lubie
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Wobbler on Wed 17/Jun/15 9:00am

Scotty wrote:

The pit actually still exists! It's just a complete frickin' NIGHTMARE to find amongst the whole channels thing...

and that is what I see as still being a huge problem, the whole channels thing is still a pain the arse to use and navigate
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby Bigfoot on Wed 17/Jun/15 9:03am

Wobbler wrote:
Scotty wrote:

and that is what I see as still being a huge problem, the whole channels thing is still a pain the arse to use and navigate

Agreed, but my uneducated guess is that it would be a clusterf to revert?
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 17/Jun/15 9:15am

Bigfoot wrote:
Wobbler wrote:and that is what I see as still being a huge problem, the whole channels thing is still a pain the arse to use and navigate

I don't disagree. I hate chennels myself.

...and yes, big job, but not impossible, eh Rik/Kev? ;)
Scotty

Postby Rik on Wed 17/Jun/15 9:52am

Scotty wrote:...and yes, big job, but not impossible, eh Rik/Kev? ;)

err yes it is. The time it would take might seriously cut into my riding time. When would I find the time to fit in my stupid 14 hours-a-day brevet rides I keep get myself onto?
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Wed 17/Jun/15 9:58am

Anyone would think you needed to eat and sleep, Rik! There are 24 hours in a day, 14 for riding, leaves 10 for doing vorb magic ;)
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts