38%
single track
6%
national parks
4%
you can run over my grandma on one if you like
26%

Total voters : 47

Re: Talkback Tuesday: Are E-bikes Awesome Or Spawn Of Satan?

Postby Klarkash-ton on Wed 27/Apr/16 3:57pm

I usually don't have an issue with them, each to his own and all, but the other morning I overtook a couple (possibly husband and wife) of them heading south along Thorndon Quay, had to weave between them as they were not too considerate as to space they were using. Inevitably, the lights were red at the bottom of Mulgrave Street and while I was waiting these two pushed past all the other riders to get to the front of the queue. As we moved off the nice lady swept majestically across in front of me so I had to brake hard to avoid her taking out my front wheel, and once I'd got past her the nice man took up all the cycle lane so I couldn't get past him with the heavy traffic along Featherston Street

It's not often I tell other cyclists what I think of them, but I did vent my spleen at them.

The next morning an e-bike passed me on Thorndon Quay into the wind and I quite happily wheelsucked :)
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Fraser on Wed 27/Apr/16 7:17pm

Are you like that angry man riding the Tour de Fuckyou?

Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Conners on Wed 27/Apr/16 8:10pm

Klarkash-ton wrote:The next morning an e-bike passed me on Thorndon Quay into the wind and I quite happily wheelsucked :)

I find timing is key for eWheelsucking. They have so much torque at low speed that their acceleration from a standing start is pretty epic, so to avoid an all out sprint to get the draft from the lights I try to maintain a slight rolling start and utilise my cat-like reflexes when the lights change.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby AgrAde on Wed 27/Apr/16 8:24pm

It's pretty much like drafting a car, hang back and use your burst of energy to get from your max to their max rather than sprinting from nothing.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Cycling - Latest Posts