Sweet Single Track , Waiheke

Postby PUFF on Wed 2/Dec/09 10:17am

[b]Don't miss this Sunday's Coolest social race on the upper north island mtb calander[/b
Come and enjoy Waiheke single track , the way it was meant to be ridden..
www.wmbc.co.nz] Very nice prize's,,
PUFF
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Re: Sweet Single Track , Waiheke

Postby Ubernought on Wed 2/Dec/09 11:26am

Bring it on, Waiheke's trail park (with new trails just being completed), is Waiheke's best kept secret shushhh , ) Get amongst it!!!
Ubernought
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Postby ryancrawcour on Thu 3/Dec/09 4:30pm

not such a secret anymore ... :D
i'm tempted to ride, just not sure yet if my bike will be back from the shop in time.
how far is the venue from the ferry terminal?
ryancrawcour
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Ubernought on Mon 7/Dec/09 2:07pm

20-25mins ride from Matiatia ferry terminal. Head from ferry terminal up to Oneroa shops, ride on through main Rd towards Ostend, through Ostend past Woolworths (down the hill on the left), up the other side, 5 mins past Woolies on the main Rd out to Onetangi you hang a right at turn off heading to Rocky Bay, then hang first left to Onetangi Sports Park.

MTB trails start 100m back from the Sports ground buildings on the right!!! Signposted from there! If you see some locals riding ask them where the rest of the trails are!?! Make a day of it!

Head to 'Lure' cafe on the way in Oneroa for phenomenal coffee for early morning pick up, on the way back pop in to Sand Bar on Oneroa Beach for a beer, ferries go on the hour every hour!!! Magic day out!

Plans for trail park are huge! Watch this space, on the door step to AK this will become our newest playground!

Enjoy , )
Last edited by Ubernought on Mon 7/Dec/09 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ubernought

Postby Ubernought on Mon 7/Dec/09 2:13pm

Waiheke Styles flowing single track!!!! :)
img_1686_10.jpg
img_1655_6.jpg
Ubernought

Postby ryancrawcour on Mon 7/Dec/09 2:22pm

Pity i missed the ride on the weekend due to bike maintenance issues ... alas ...
I am definitely keen to head out there for a day over the silly season holidays.

Anybody else keen to make a day of it?!?! Let's organise group ride out on The Island!
Midweek wold be awesome for those not working but still in Ackl; else weekends for those unfortunate souls not lucky enough to be on leave over the holidays.

i currently have the following days available
24 Dec
28 - 31 Dec
11 - 17 Jan
ryancrawcour

Postby Ubernought on Mon 7/Dec/09 2:34pm

I'm a local Waihekeian resident MTB'er, would be happy to conduct a bit of guided 'trail tour' on 28 Dec for those interested. Then once you're familiar with where the trails are you can head back anytime in future with the local knowledge! Let me know who's keen? First two riders that get back to me will even score a free car+bike on rack ride from Matiatia to trail park & drop off back to ferry!!
Last edited by Ubernought on Mon 7/Dec/09 2:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ubernought

Postby ryancrawcour on Mon 7/Dec/09 2:38pm

sounds fantastic! I'm in!
ryancrawcour

Postby Ubernought on Mon 7/Dec/09 3:43pm

ryancrawcour wrote:sounds fantastic! I'm in!

Sweet! Who else is in? One more spot on bike rack up for grabs? Will round up a few more locals on the day too!
Ubernought

Postby ryancrawcour on Tue 8/Dec/09 9:15am

doesn't look like many are keen ... i'll see i can rustle up a few mainlanders too ... else we'll have the singletrack all to ourselves ... hmmm maybe i won't attempt to rustle up anybody and keep this a secret! :D
ryancrawcour

Postby Ubernought on Tue 8/Dec/09 12:41pm

ryancrawcour wrote:doesn't look like many are keen ... i'll see i can rustle up a few mainlanders too ... else we'll have the singletrack all to ourselves ... hmmm maybe i won't attempt to rustle up anybody and keep this a secret! :D

Got another dude too but feel free to round up some more mainlanders & lets hit the trail park!!! Bring it on!!
Ubernought

Postby Harley on Tue 8/Dec/09 12:54pm

Keen to tag along provided the date works. Let me know which date you decide on.

Cheers, Chris
Harley
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby ryancrawcour on Tue 8/Dec/09 12:55pm

i think we've decided on the 28th ... which is the Mon after Xmas
ryancrawcour

Postby Ubernought on Tue 8/Dec/09 10:15pm

ryancrawcour wrote:i think we've decided on the 28th ... which is the Mon after Xmas

Yep Monday 28th Dec is currently the date set!
Ubernought

Postby Mr_Bob on Tue 8/Dec/09 11:20pm

If I'm in town that week, which I probably will be (and providing I have the all clear to get back on the bike too), I could be up for some riding at waiheke :thumbsup:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Auckland MTB Club | Auckland Region | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Cycling | Freeriding (MTB) | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Singlespeed | Upper North Island - Latest Posts