Re: Sweet New Ride

Postby pissface on Wed 16/Sep/09 4:24pm

inaugural outing last night. several hours of pumping sounds ! :)

and the lingering smell of burnt hair is now associated with pleasure.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby XCrazy on Wed 16/Sep/09 4:26pm

:lol:
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 16/Sep/09 4:32pm

funny how burnt hair/clothes/etc are all part of the fun when firespinning... much less fond of the burnt nose hair + kero burps from firebreathing tho, gave that shit up :huh:
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Trail on Wed 16/Sep/09 4:39pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:funny how burnt hair/clothes/etc are all part of the fun when firespinning... much less fond of the burnt nose hair + kero burps from firebreathing tho, gave that shit up :huh:

yep... even using the good stuff it is nastier than a nasty thing. I gave that shit up too... have not had a spin with my fire toys for a long time now tho... need a good outdoor party to get my spin on!
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 16/Sep/09 5:13pm

have not had a spin with my fire toys for a long time now tho... need a good outdoor party to get my spin on!

yeah, 2nd that.. been years :( got single and double staff + poi gathering dust in the broom closet.... [next to the hotwater cupboard with a bike in it]
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby pissface on Wed 16/Sep/09 11:02pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
trail wrote:have not had a spin with my fire toys for a long time now tho... need a good outdoor party to get my spin on!

yeah, 2nd that.. been years :( got single and double staff + poi gathering dust in the broom closet.... [next to the hotwater cupboard with a bike in it]

are you guys in Wgtn?

I've only been doing it a month or so, but am getting right into it, and have a good group to learn things from. Amazing how fast it is to pick things up.

If you are in Wgtn try joining the google group Wellington Fire.

Alternatively, I'd be keen to pick up a second-hand staff :D Currently I am using basically a baton, 1100 long. Kinda jumpy for contact stuff but great for getting things tight.
pissface
"Boneshaker"

Postby Trail on Thu 17/Sep/09 8:51am

Nah, I am down in Chch.

I learned a whole bunch of stuff back in about 2001/2002 over in Perth and was part of a performance group. Used to get paid to go to outdoor music gigs and play with fire... was all good :thumbsup:

There are probably fire groups down this way too... but I have been too busy doing other stuff to bother looking.
Trail

Postby pissface on Thu 17/Sep/09 9:26am

yeah theres a thurs chch one.
there's a bar here in wgtn that lets people do it in their outside space every now and then, when there is an all-night gig on.
if you want an outdoor event try kiwiburn.com for upcoming 3-dayer...
pissface
"Boneshaker"

Postby Trail on Thu 17/Sep/09 9:51am

pissface wrote:yeah theres a thurs chch one.
there's a bar here in wgtn that lets people do it in their outside space every now and then, when there is an all-night gig on.
if you want an outdoor event try kiwiburn.com for upcoming 3-dayer...

yeh, there are outdoor dance parties down this way that i could go along to if I wanted... I got a bit over that sort of stuff about 5 years ago (used to go to all sorts of all night dance parties in the middle of nowhere) and would rather go ride my mountain bike these days :lol:
Trail

Postby pissface on Thu 17/Sep/09 11:24am

yeah one gets a bit sick of crowds and lack of sleep. KB's a slightly different sort of event. never mind.

i've kinda done the reverse. sick of riding the bike and would prefer something a bit more creative and social.
pissface
"Boneshaker"

Postby pissface on Thu 17/Sep/09 11:24am

oh and with babes who smoke cigarettes.
pissface
"Boneshaker"

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 17/Sep/09 11:43am

and circus freaks.