Re: Super City Maori Seats

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 30/Aug/09 6:45pm

Wobbler wrote:racists

NO U R
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sun 30/Aug/09 8:16pm

CrustyMTB wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote: Perhaps as usual the rednecks problems with Maori representation is typically ignorant racism buried in concern for "proportionalism"...

is that implying that you can't have both, I think we need a few youth seats too, done in the same why as Maori seats (not that I'm a youth and could vote for them)
Can we ignore the youth "MP"s votes an patronise them saying "when Iwas your age..."? If so I'm all for it.

'?[/quote]This kids, is what happens when you post onehanded while bottlefeeding a baby and trying to stop a toddler from using a cordless drill to lobotomise herself. Parenthood, powertools and the internet just don't mix!
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby j2hyde on Sun 30/Aug/09 11:19pm

happybaboon wrote:Time for real democracy - One person, one vote. No special voting for different races, because that's just dumb.

But it worked so well for Fiji...
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby philstar on Mon 31/Aug/09 9:58am

happybaboon wrote:Time for real democracy - One person, one vote. No special voting for different races, because that's just dumb.

Democracy is unfair, get used to it. We give people different votes for different geography, I don’t really see the difference.
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Tama on Mon 31/Aug/09 10:12am

CrustyMTB wrote:
Tama wrote:I just wanted Rodney to throw his toys in a massive explosive, amusing tantrum and resign :huh:
Me too... is it just me or has ACT ceased to be about deeply held, intellectualised, free-market libertarianism, and become a sort of a holding pen for former NZ first rabble rousing, mouth frothing retards??

The quality of their MP's has fallen substantially, and when you consider Donna Awatere Huata was an ACT MP that's saying something.

I was having similar thoughts the other day. Lately ACT has been behaving more and more like the U.S. Republican Party.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts