Postby fraserb on Mon 22/Oct/07 10:12pm

when I finish the Gibbing then MrsB will make me start the next job, and she thinks it takes at least 3 weeks to get a room from stripped to sealed and ready to paper, then at least 3 weeks to hang the paper.
who am I to spoil the illusion I have spent years spinning and let on that it could be done in a week ;)
fraserb
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Mon 22/Oct/07 10:15pm

Good things take time Fraser, good things take time :thumbsup:
:lol:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Barks on Mon 22/Oct/07 10:15pm

I had to laugh.... as I'm reading your post I'm also looking at an ad down the left hand side for "your comprehensive free GIB renovation or new home kit"

Coincidence?
Barks
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby fraserb on Mon 22/Oct/07 10:36pm

Barks wrote: I had to laugh.... as I'm reading your post I'm also looking at an ad down the left hand side for "your comprehensive free GIB renovation or new home kit"

Coincidence?
yeah that damn banner is MOCKING ME!!!!!
I have tape over that bit of the screen so I dont feel guilty when Im ment to be doing shit at home

the above post may contain a small amount of crap
I feel guilty about NOTHING :lol:
fraserb
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby bryandc3 on Sat 27/Oct/07 8:07pm

i was thinking of making my way up there in the next couple of weeks but i just dont no how to get there can any one give some sensible directions?
bryandc3
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Sat 27/Oct/07 9:08pm

bryandc3 wrote: i was thinking of making my way up there in the next couple of weeks but i just dont no how to get there can any one give some sensible directions?
www.whitepages.co.nz
Type in welcome bay road,
Follow it till you see Reid rd, turn left into the carpark at the top of the road.
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"

Postby bryandc3 on Sat 27/Oct/07 11:29pm

ah sweet thanks man im real keen on getting up there it looks like an awesome ride
bryandc3
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby griff on Thu 8/Nov/07 11:05am

Summerhill-Wednesday evening rides 5.30- 6.00pm kick off, :0 good trails 2 ride-even got dirt jumps& wooden things 2 play on, something 4 everyone.bring a sausage 4 the BBQ after the ride. :D
griff
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Wed 14/Nov/07 12:59pm

Might go up and do some digging after lunch :) Stick around till the evening for a ride.
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"

Postby evilknieval69 on Sun 23/Dec/07 7:59pm

Hey, i've just joined and was wondering if anyones been to summerhill lately? I've been riding BMX for ages and i've very recently (ie two days ago) sold my BMX and bought a mountain bike. I've been to orapi a few times on my old bmx, but im keen to go somewhere else. Do people still go up to summerhill? Im not 100% sure where it is, but if i just cruise up reid road im guessing i will find it? any more info? when do people regularly go up there?

Cheers
evilknieval69
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Barks on Sun 23/Dec/07 8:08pm

I was up there just today. The tracks are in reasonable nick and there's a pretty good selection of riding there. Have a look in the Tauranga Riding thread or in the Mountainbike Tauranga Forum for a bit more information,
Barks

Postby evilknieval69 on Sun 23/Dec/07 8:12pm

Cool, just looking through the tauranga mtb forum now. Sounds like a cool place, and i'd be keen to help out with digging or whatever.

Is summerhill reasonably easy to find? Are there any maps or anything of the tracks etc?
evilknieval69

Postby dented on Sun 23/Dec/07 8:20pm

Yup, up Reid Road, if you get to the gravel you have gone too far (just!), go back about 400m down the road, and look for the signs for the carpark.
Not sure if the DJ's are open again yet, were closed last week due to the rain, might be all go again now, just check the infor in the little shed (where your gold coin donation goes ;) )
dented
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby Barks on Sun 23/Dec/07 8:20pm

Yeah, the main summerhill carpark is a little over 3km up Reid Rd. It's on the left side of the road and hard to miss. There's a track map in the entrance hut, if you like narrow singletrack try Jamis, for good technical XC give Sram a go, and if you like an easy DH try GT Bicycles about 300m further up the road on the right. (Although be prepared for a mother of a climb back out) As Summerhill is private property (i.e, not council funded) a gold coin donation is appreciated by the manager if you're not a member of friends of summerhill.

Dig days are the last Sunday of every month, the Summerhill thread on the MTB Tauranga forum will keep you up to date - next dig day is scheduled for the 27th of January. Showing up earns you tons of track karma :D
Barks

Postby evilknieval69 on Sun 23/Dec/07 8:23pm

Awesome info guys, thanks alot! Will definately go up and check it out sometime. Would be keen to come up on the 27th if i wasn't working :(

Owell, another time im sure.

Once again, thanks for the info; might see you up there one day :sneaky:
evilknieval69

Bay of Plenty | Middle North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Tauranga - Latest Posts