Re: Suitable Gloves

Postby AgrAde on Tue 12/Jan/16 6:55pm

For what it's worth, I rode with my new Fox Ranger gloves today and the changes they've made to the palm for 2016 make them shithouse. The stitching is now in a crap place and is annoying, and they don't stretch in the right place anymore and so they bunched up and didn't feel very secure :angry:

Dunno if it's just my hands (I don't think they're weird?) but I'd try them first and wrap your hand around a bar with them. And if they suck then consider paying more for the Troy Lees...
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby el_booto on Tue 12/Jan/16 7:59pm

Wobbler wrote:Troy Lee XC forever for me, I tried so many different brands before settling on them. I dont like change so I will probably only swap if for some reason they discontinued them/changed them

:withstupid:
they changed them in '14 to have a thumb towel, they also did away with the big raised logo over the knuckle... i like the new design, good fitting even over my fat wrists and wrist supports (which was a no-go with the old design)
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 12/Jan/16 8:17pm

Another vote for Troy.
Trouble free for ages, and super comfy.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby cb24nz on Tue 12/Jan/16 8:20pm

Was looking at shopping at Wiggle but see they don't do the Troy ones?
cb24nz
Member for: 2 years 6 months

Postby amb236 on Wed 13/Jan/16 8:59am

Just picked up some fox rangers, so far so good. About $45 so hardly breaking the bank.
amb236
Member for: 5 years 2 months

Postby cb24nz on Fri 15/Jan/16 10:42am

I've gone with Troy Lee XC gloves from Torpedo7, should arrive today.
Thanks for the suggestions!
cb24nz
Member for: 2 years 6 months

Cycling | Gloves | Protection - Latest Posts