Strava Heat Maps.

Postby Rik on Thu 2nd Nov 11:23am

This has been posted before, but it's still freaking cool. Besides, they've just updated the data.

https://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#2.19/4 ... 8/hot/ride
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Re: Strava Heat Maps.

Postby WH on Thu 2nd Nov 1:25pm

Agreed, it's excellent stuff.

Still, there's clearly some bollix data still getting through despite their clever algorithms. With it set to 'cycling', check out any waterway near a boat ramp and you'll see tons of routes which must from all those aquabikes out there. And it seems that loads of people ride all the walking tracks on Mauao despite bikes being banned, and you more or less never see anyone on bikes there, bar the odd kid (even that's a rarity).
WH
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Conners on Thu 2nd Nov 10:20pm

WH wrote:Agreed, it's excellent stuff.

Still, there's clearly some bollix data still getting through despite their clever algorithms. With it set to 'cycling', check out any waterway near a boat ramp and you'll see tons of routes which must from all those aquabikes out there. And it seems that loads of people ride all the walking tracks on Mauao despite bikes being banned, and you more or less never see anyone on bikes there, bar the odd kid (even that's a rarity).

Or people have selected ride instead of run? (I know my default setting is ride, and it’s easy
to just hit go without changing it)
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 2nd Nov 10:34pm

A little while back my strava decided my rides would be all sorts of weird shit. Walks, runs, kayaks, etc. I assume that's why there's some weird data. It seems to have fixed itself now.

I love the heat map. Great for finding things you know are somewhere but not quite sure exactly where the entrance is.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Cycling - Latest Posts