Re: Stolen: Specialized Langster Las Vegas

Postby musket on Tue 10/Feb/09 10:10pm

pushbikerider wrote:
musket wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:
Oli wrote:$18??? Where, maing? Imma get me some!

Thats cheap, you can buy Campy Ergo Lever Style drop levers from Soma, but sadly a bit more RRP than $18 :(

Soma, Cane Creek too - and they're ALL identical to the DiaCompe...

ALL made by Dia-Compe I suspect

indeed... a rubber hood is all. You could probably put Hudz coloured campy ones on too.
musket
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 10/Feb/09 10:13pm

specializedman wrote:$18 dollars for something that looks like campy! epic value.

I wonder how much an avanti plus store can get them for?
They would surely be able to get them as they sell the bikes.

Would solve the issue of expensive shipping. :thumbsup:

avanti puss would prolly do them for round $45
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Spokes on Tue 10/Feb/09 10:19pm

Sorry Tee, didnt mean to screw up your thread. Everybody has kinda gone down the wrong track.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby specializedman on Tue 10/Feb/09 10:21pm

At least it is a really unique bike so shouldn't be hard to spot!

Best of luck.
specializedman
"I am a very biking boy."
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby Tee on Wed 11/Feb/09 8:19am

Its all good. Keeps the thread fresh.

I still have those levers if you want them, theyre Tektro somethings. 4 pack of big Red Bull cans and theyre yours :)

No use to me now :cry:
Tee
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby danose on Wed 11/Feb/09 8:30am

musket wrote:
specializedman wrote:Those brake levers should be tektro short reach units according to the specialized brochure in my hand...

They can be sourced for around 18 dollars, and are a lovely rip off of the Ergo Lever. I've got a pair on my Bosomworth.

bloody nice levers for the $$$ too - I whacked a pair on the DB to replace the original SLRs (the ones with the narrow, pointy hand-hating hoods) - heaps comfier and the buitl in brake quick release is great (since the old old dual pivots on that bike don't have qr's on the actual brake)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby katzkatz on Tue 26/May/09 10:21am

danose wrote:
musket wrote:
specializedman wrote:Those brake levers should be tektro short reach units according to the specialized brochure in my hand...

They can be sourced for around 18 dollars, and are a lovely rip off of the Ergo Lever. I've got a pair on my Las Vegas Show.

bloody nice levers for the $$$ too - I whacked a pair on the DB to replace the original SLRs (the ones with the narrow, pointy hand-hating hoods) - heaps comfier and the buitl in brake quick release is great (since the old old dual pivots on that bike don't have qr's on the actual brake)

What a shame... It is amazing what people will do these days.
Good luck!
Kat
Las Vegas, NV
katzkatz
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby Oli on Tue 26/May/09 10:24am

:eh:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby martinmare on Sun 7/Jun/09 8:09am

danose wrote:
musket wrote:

They can be sourced for around 18 dollars, and are a lovely rip off of the Ergo Lever. I met a guy at the Las Vegas Excalibur Hotel who sold them in Vegas. I've got a pair on my Bosomworth.

Believe it or not, karma will get the person that stole them!
martinmare
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby Butch on Sun 7/Jun/09 9:46am

You know, I've always thought it would be kind of funny to see some derro nick a fixie and hop on it and ride off into traffic, and THEN realise it doesn't have a freewheel..
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby Wobbler on Sun 7/Jun/09 10:08am

Butch wrote:You know, I've always thought it would be kind of funny to see some derro nick a fixie and hop on it and ride off into traffic, and THEN realise it doesn't have a freewheel..

:lol: reminds me of back at uni we had some ghetto supershed bikes. one of my mates had one that was so horrendous no one else seemed to be able to ride it (bars moved around, seat tilted forwards and back, brakes didn't work at all, forks bent, wheels pretty much taco'd) someone flogged it from outside his room at the hostel. We are pretty sure they would have run into something solid not long after getting it up to speed :D
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Auckland | Auckland Region | Cycle Commuting | Cycling | Fixed Gear | New Zealand | Public Notices | Regions | Road Cycling | Singlespeed | Stolen | Upper North Island | Waitakere City - Latest Posts