Stolen Kona Entourage, Cnr Barbadoes And St Asaph Chch

Postby matt81 on Mon 23/Mar/15 1:57pm

Hi, my bike, Kona Entourage deluxe, grey, has just been stolen from outside my work, cnr of Barbadoes and St Asaph street in Christchurch, It was locked and i've notified the police, Thanks
download.jpg
Last edited by matt81 on Tue 24/Mar/15 6:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt81
Member for: 5 years 7 months

Re: Stolen Kona Entourage, Cnr Barbadoes And St Asaph Chch

Postby swtchbckr on Mon 23/Mar/15 5:55pm

Scum sucking lowlife cunzors! Hope you get it back. Check out the Facebork dude's page that shows up on here occasionally. He seems to thieve to order...
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby matt81 on Mon 23/Mar/15 8:10pm

Thanks, who is the "facebork dude"? someone that posts bike for sale on here? it was locked up with a big lock, would of needed big bolt cutters, so I'm guessing it was planed, not just an opportunist thing
matt81

Postby Farm on Mon 23/Mar/15 8:56pm

Not sure who the Facebook dude is exactly but have a search through the trademe thread. People often post links in there to stuff for sale on those MTB and General sale Facebook pages. People post them here asking if anyone recognises it as stolen. There are characters who seem to be regularly selling stuff they know little about for less than its worth.
Farm
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby swtchbckr on Tue 24/Mar/15 7:48am

sorry, was posting from my phone and have never worked out how to copy and paste therein...

i was refering to this post this-your-bike-sensor-stolen-christchurch-t126831.html
Trey Orlando, apparently... there was another one a few months ago that i recall of similar stature - obviously stolen items being offered on farcebork and then being queried here.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby matt81 on Wed 25/Mar/15 6:29pm

I saw it advertised on Facebook last night, i phoned the police, but not surprisingly they didn't seem to want to do anything about it, its in the 'Christchurch Wanted To Buy Or Trade' https://www.facebook.com/groups/167215746822869/ he has some others for sale too
1.png
2.png
matt81

Postby wachtourak on Wed 25/Mar/15 6:34pm

Dunno how that bloke hasn't been pinged yet, that guy has been selling heaps of stolen bikes lately
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Wed 25/Mar/15 6:39pm

Wow such stupidity.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby matt81 on Wed 25/Mar/15 6:44pm

I know how the coat hanger dodger hasn't been caught yet, I'ts because the police aren't interested in doing any thing about it,
matt81

Postby Farm on Wed 25/Mar/15 8:21pm

matt81 wrote:I know how the coat hanger dodger hasn't been caught yet, I'ts because the police aren't interested in doing any thing about it,

Tell the police if they aren't interested in going to get your bike back you're going to go and get it. Make sure they know you don't want it to end in physical violence but you're preparing yourself for the worst; visiting what appears to be an experienced criminal.
Maybe they'll change their tune.
If you're not willing to follow through on that (and I wouldn't blame you) and they don't care it hasn't helped.
Another thought is Campbell Live, tell them your story see, if they're interested. I'm sure they (or seven sharp) did a story on all the Facebook pages selling stolen stuff. They might like a follow up with apathetic police.
Farm

Postby Orphan on Wed 25/Mar/15 8:37pm

Hate to play devil's advocate, but would you rather they put five hours, plus another ten for court into a grown ups toy, or putting the efforts into finding some sort of repeat violent offender? It's hardly going to raise a mention on Police Ten 7. But trust me, I'd be baying for blood if any shite stole any of my quiver!

I have a mate works in the constabulary, just asking him to have a look at this thread then let me know what you'd need to do to make it all easier. :-) It really does suck. Hopefully it was insured?
Orphan
"I ride bicycles."
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby matt81 on Wed 25/Mar/15 8:52pm

I don't expect them to put a lot of time searching for a needle in a haystack, but when information about the culprit is handed to them on a plate, they should do something, and its not just one bike, this guy sells loads of bikes, he must be making thousands, on his Fb page these is even a post where a friend asks him what he's doing for work there days, he replies, "selling bikes"

He's also a drug dealer, has loads of adds for them on there, so he's obviously not a very good person, and it wouldn't surprise me if he is a violent offender
matt81

Postby Farm on Wed 25/Mar/15 9:04pm

Other people have posted his stuff on here and apparently pointed it out to the police as well.
Pretty hard for the police to complain about a lack of public involvement in crime prevention when they don't follow up a guy publicly advertising drugs and stolen property.
Farm

Postby Orphan on Wed 25/Mar/15 9:27pm

So...... have had a chat with said mate.

It's all a bit shit really, due to public rights, human rights etc, the cops are bound up in quite a bit of red tape around this. From the outside it can look like they're being ineffective, but all these things are taken seriously.

In all likelihood the bike isn't at his place, so if a search was done, hands can go in the air and say "What are you doing officer? This is harassment" and you can put two and three together here.

Sucks, no matter which way you look at it.
Orphan
"I ride bicycles."

Postby Orphan on Wed 25/Mar/15 9:38pm

Dunno how Vorb works with these things, but have just DM'd you Matt81.
Orphan
"I ride bicycles."

Public Notices | Stolen - Latest Posts