Re: Stolen Kona Entourage, Cnr Barbadoes And St Asaph Chch

Postby Slapheid on Fri 3/Apr/15 7:52pm

Wonder if its the same thieving gypsy scumfuck in this case?
Seems the police are having trouble getting motivated to close this one as well:

Cyclist-bike-stolen-found-for-sale-on-Facebook
Slapheid
"Good things come to those who gate."
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby Farm on Fri 3/Apr/15 9:29pm

Wouldn't be a surprise if it were the same guy, he's quite prolific. He's on there again having sold another $100 bike.
There's bargins to be had I guess, seems to be a pretty low risk endeavour.
Farm
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby AgrAde on Sat 4/Apr/15 1:20am

Guess those guys are the same that stole my road bike from CPIT. :huh:
AgrAde
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby laworder on Sat 4/Apr/15 9:57am

Orphan wrote:So...... have had a chat with said mate.

It's all a bit shit really, due to public rights, human rights etc, the cops are bound up in quite a bit of red tape around this. From the outside it can look like they're being ineffective, but all these things are taken seriously.

In all likelihood the bike isn't at his place, so if a search was done, hands can go in the air and say "What are you doing officer? This is harassment" and you can put two and three together here.

Sucks, no matter which way you look at it.

Exactly - and the same red tape/ rights bullshit has severe detrimental effect on policing of violent/ sexual offending as well, perhaps even more so.

It sucks very much and needs changing very much

Hope the bike gets returned soon, but my experience tells me not to hold out much hope

Regards
Peter
laworder
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby Farm on Sat 4/Apr/15 10:48am

laworder wrote:

It's all a bit shit really, due to public rights, human rights etc, the cops are bound up in quite a bit of red tape around this. From the outside it can look like they're being ineffective, but all these things are taken seriously.

In all likelihood the bike isn't at his place, so if a search was done, hands can go in the air and say "What are you doing officer? This is harassment" and you can put two and three together here.

Exactly - and the same red tape/ rights bullshit has severe detrimental effect on policing of violent/ sexual offending as well, perhaps even more so.

Hope the bike gets returned soon, but my experience tells me not to hold out much hope

Regards
Peter

Are you able to expand on what the actual problem is Peter? What would make it easier for Police to do something? Stronger evidence? Changed legislation?
Farm
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Slapheid on Sat 4/Apr/15 8:06pm

Had friends round for lunch today, one of whom works for the Popo. Apparently young Tyjhan Shannon Hawkins has an outstanding arrest warrant relating to half a dozen recent thefts/receiving, and is also wanted in relation to the theft a Red Specialized road bike from the college.
Fingers crossed they bust the little shit, though there seems to be be plenty of other known individuals posting blatantly stolen items on the Dodgy FB page
Slapheid

Postby catmannz on Sun 19/Apr/15 7:18pm

Slapheid wrote:Had friends round for lunch today, one of whom works for the Popo. Apparently young Tyjhan Shannon Hawkins has an outstanding arrest warrant relating to half a dozen recent thefts/receiving, and is also wanted in relation to the theft a Red Specialized road bike from the college.
Fingers crossed they bust the little shit, though there seems to be be plenty of other known individuals posting blatantly stolen items on the Dodgy FB page

Good news http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/67803005/Police-arrest-alleged-Christchurch-bike-thief?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

An arrest has been made
catmannz
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Slapheid on Mon 20/Apr/15 1:13am

Banzai! :thumbsup:
Slapheid

Postby tomfilmer on Fri 24/Apr/15 8:01pm

Hi Guys,

Tom here who had the sworks stolen from cpit on the 14/03/15

Since then tyjhan has been arrested and charged with two bike thefts however I have screenshots of over 30 bikes he had advertised.

he also has another account called Ty Ty Ty which he posts under too. Sadly, because he got bail and is due to appear on the 1st May the worlds his oyster and hes back out giving chch bike locks a run for their money with still a near daily bike for sale.
tomfilmer
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby laworder on Sat 25/Apr/15 11:03am

Farm wrote:
laworder wrote:

Regards
Peter

Are you able to expand on what the actual problem is Peter? What would make it easier for Police to do something? Stronger evidence? Changed legislation?

I never got around to answering this, but I see that this shitbag has been bailed... and is still stealing bikes - see the post above.

Not bailing him would have been a start....
laworder
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Public Notices | Stolen - Latest Posts