Calendar Event: November 13, 2010

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby XCguy on Wed 10/Nov/10 8:51pm

Thanks for ye update Fraser and thanks for all yer input so far. She's going to be a cracker course.
XCguy
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby JUANGEAR on Wed 10/Nov/10 9:35pm

JUANGEAR wrote:cool, same here. If all ye planets align I may have in me posession ye blingist ss wheelset be knowin' to man to ride upon.


Nope.. Wheelset sold. I will be on me faithfuls.
JUANGEAR
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby AdamMTB on Fri 12/Nov/10 1:04pm

Awesome weather here today with a lot o' cars and people milling around ye streets. Hopefully all those mountain bikes I see on car roofs and racks be here for a great days racing tomorrow :)
AdamMTB
Member for: 4 years 5 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby Nick_K on Sun 14/Nov/10 4:16pm

Cheers Hanmer for putting on such a great race. Even in its first year I thought it was one o' ye best mtb races in NZ. Here's hoping it becomes an a regular fixture on ye race calendar.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby Jemetch on Sun 14/Nov/10 6:43pm

Nick_K wrote:Cheers Hanmer for putting on such a great race. Even in its first year I thought it was one o' ye best mtb races in NZ. Here's hoping it becomes an a regular fixture on ye race calendar.


:withstupid: Great trails, amazing weather - couldn't fault it.

Pity about me race though... sly old XCguy fooled me into wasting all me energy sledging leading up to ye race, and it turned out I had nothing left for actual riding.
Jemetch
User avatar
"a kind of very, very long cat"
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby Slapheid on Sun 14/Nov/10 6:56pm

Many thanks for a fantastic event guys, easily ye most enjoyable 3.5 hrs I've had in a long time.
That was me first time riding at Hamner and all ye suffering up hill was more than repaid on ye way back down.
Kudos to ye track builders.
Already planning to return for ye Hammerhead in Dec'
Slapheid
User avatar
Member for: 4 years 6 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby XCguy on Sun 14/Nov/10 7:29pm

Here be ye results :)
2010 Spring Crusher results.pdf
Downloaded 252 times
XCguy
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby XCguy on Sun 14/Nov/10 7:37pm

I could rave on for ages about this event. But I won't. I'll just simply sum it up by saying that it was awesome. Best overall course I have ever raced on. Perfect distance, duration and climbing. Family cheering me on at numerous points around ye course. Top that off with amazing weather and it was simply awesome. Will so be there next year :thumbsup:

Hopefully Jemetch will put in a bit more effort next year so we can actually have that anticipated duel :sly:
XCguy
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby crazyfraz on Sun 14/Nov/10 9:35pm

awesome to hear good reports about this race, next year will be bigger and better, and i wont have a wedding to attend to so i can race!! :)
crazyfraz
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby XCguy on Tue 16/Nov/10 10:54am

For those who haven't seen them yet, we've put up a heap o' photos in a couple o' albums on FB...

River crossing album:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=299409&id=122638936059

General course photos album:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=299415&id=122638936059

Feel free to tag anyone we were not able to. We have high res o' all o' these so if there be one o' ye that ye want a better quality copy o' just let us be knowin'.
XCguy
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby mfw on Tue 16/Nov/10 12:57pm

XCguy wrote:I could rave on for ages about this event. But I won't. I'll just simply sum it up by saying that it was awesome. Best overall course I have ever raced on. Perfect distance, duration and climbing. Family cheering me on at numerous points around ye course. Top that off with amazing weather and it was simply awesome. Will so be there next year :thumbsup:

Hopefully Jemetch will put in a bit more effort next year so we can actually have that anticipated duel :sly:

Well done that man! 2nd Vet men and only 23 sec behind winner :o :cool: :thumbsup:

Oh btw: ye might want to fix ye error in ye results, Kyle Wood (open men winner) had an erroneous time o' 2:01:57 recorded, clearly a typo :rolleyes:
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 6 years 9 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby dxc on Tue 16/Nov/10 3:05pm

Just checking Result ! thats clearly must be a typo! or maybe he took a short cut :)
dxc
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby XCguy on Tue 16/Nov/10 3:16pm

No typo, no short cuts. Just a truck load o' skill, strength and fitness to rip ye legs off anyone at ye moment. Pretty much ye same story at every event he has done in last few weeks :o Bring on ye nats!
XCguy
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby dxc on Tue 16/Nov/10 3:56pm

I wonder if that big Bottom bracket on ye niner has a motor in it? :hmmm:
dxc
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby kxcrd on Tue 16/Nov/10 9:07pm

mfw wrote:
XCguy wrote:I could rave on for ages about this event. But I won't. I'll just simply sum it up by saying that it was awesome. Best overall course I have ever raced on. Perfect distance, duration and climbing. Family cheering me on at numerous points around ye course. Top that off with amazing weather and it was simply awesome. Will so be there next year :thumbsup:

Hopefully Jemetch will put in a bit more effort next year so we can actually have that anticipated duel :sly:

Well done that man! 2nd Vet men and only 23 sec behind winner :o :cool: :thumbsup:

Oh btw: ye might want to fix ye error in ye results, Kyle Wood (open men winner) had an erroneous time o' 2:01:57 recorded, clearly a typo :rolleyes:


No typo mate i'm just flying,its ye shit load o' training i do thanks & ye new niner air 9 be just a awesome bike to race :cool:
kxcrd
User avatar
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | North Canterbury | North Canterbury Cycling Club | Regions - Latest Posts

Who is online

74 Users browsing this website: banga, Brucie, dwgknz, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], gristle, gumby, Kyle, nigelp, phunk, UK_Exile, Wobbler, Yahoo [Bot], znomit, Zoom and 50 guests

VORB SUPPORTERS


  • GT Bicycles
  • Vorb Shop
  • Butterfly Customs