Calendar Event: November 13, 2010

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby XCguy on Wed 10/Nov/10 8:51pm

Thanks for the update Fraser and thanks for all your input so far. She's going to be a cracker course.
XCguy
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby JUANGEAR on Wed 10/Nov/10 9:35pm

JUANGEAR wrote:cool, same here. If all the planets align I may have in my posession the blingist ss wheelset know to man to ride upon.

Nope.. Wheelset sold. I will be on my faithfuls.
JUANGEAR
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby AdamMTB on Fri 12/Nov/10 1:04pm

Awesome weather here today with a lot of cars and people milling around the streets. Hopefully all those mountain bikes I see on car roofs and racks are here for a great days racing tomorrow :)
AdamMTB
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 14/Nov/10 4:16pm

Cheers Hanmer for putting on such a great race. Even in its first year I thought it was one of the best mtb races in NZ. Here's hoping it becomes an a regular fixture on the race calendar.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Jemetch on Sun 14/Nov/10 6:43pm

Nick_K wrote:Cheers Hanmer for putting on such a great race. Even in its first year I thought it was one of the best mtb races in NZ. Here's hoping it becomes an a regular fixture on the race calendar.

:withstupid: Great trails, amazing weather - couldn't fault it.

Pity about my race though... sly old XCguy fooled me into wasting all my energy sledging leading up to the race, and it turned out I had nothing left for actual riding.
Jemetch
"a kind of very, very long cat"
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby Slapheid on Sun 14/Nov/10 6:56pm

Many thanks for a fantastic event guys, easily the most enjoyable 3.5 hrs I've had in a long time.
That was my first time riding at Hamner and all the suffering up hill was more than repaid on the way back down.
Kudos to the track builders.
Already planning to return for the Hammerhead in Dec'
Slapheid
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby XCguy on Sun 14/Nov/10 7:29pm

Here are the results :)
2010 Spring Crusher results.pdf
Downloaded 258 times
XCguy

Postby XCguy on Sun 14/Nov/10 7:37pm

I could rave on for ages about this event. But I won't. I'll just simply sum it up by saying that it was awesome. Best overall course I have ever raced on. Perfect distance, duration and climbing. Family cheering me on at numerous points around the course. Top that off with amazing weather and it was simply awesome. Will so be there next year :thumbsup:

Hopefully Jemetch will put in a bit more effort next year so we can actually have that anticipated duel :sly:
XCguy

Postby crazyfraz on Sun 14/Nov/10 9:35pm

awesome to hear good reports about this race, next year will be bigger and better, and i wont have a wedding to attend to so i can race!! :)
crazyfraz
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Postby XCguy on Tue 16/Nov/10 10:54am

For those who haven't seen them yet, we've put up a heap of photos in a couple of albums on FB...

River crossing album:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=299409&id=122638936059

General course photos album:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=299415&id=122638936059

Feel free to tag anyone we were not able to. We have high res of all of these so if there is one of you that you want a better quality copy of just let us know.
XCguy

Postby mfw on Tue 16/Nov/10 12:57pm

XCguy wrote:I could rave on for ages about this event. But I won't. I'll just simply sum it up by saying that it was awesome. Best overall course I have ever raced on. Perfect distance, duration and climbing. Family cheering me on at numerous points around the course. Top that off with amazing weather and it was simply awesome. Will so be there next year :thumbsup:

Hopefully Jemetch will put in a bit more effort next year so we can actually have that anticipated duel :sly:

Well done that man! 2nd Vet men and only 23 sec behind winner :o :cool: :thumbsup:

Oh btw: you might want to fix the error in the results, Kyle Wood (open men winner) had an erroneous time of 2:01:57 recorded, clearly a typo :rolleyes:
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 7 years 1 month

Postby dxc on Tue 16/Nov/10 3:05pm

Just checking Result ! thats clearly must be a typo! or maybe he took a short cut :)
dxc
Member for: 4 years 11 months

Postby XCguy on Tue 16/Nov/10 3:16pm

No typo, no short cuts. Just a truck load of skill, strength and fitness to rip the legs off anyone at the moment. Pretty much the same story at every event he has done in last few weeks :o Bring on the nats!
XCguy

Postby dxc on Tue 16/Nov/10 3:56pm

I wonder if that big Bottom bracket on the niner has a motor in it? :hmmm:
dxc

Postby kxcrd on Tue 16/Nov/10 9:07pm

mfw wrote:
XCguy wrote:I could rave on for ages about this event. But I won't. I'll just simply sum it up by saying that it was awesome. Best overall course I have ever raced on. Perfect distance, duration and climbing. Family cheering me on at numerous points around the course. Top that off with amazing weather and it was simply awesome. Will so be there next year :thumbsup:

Well done that man! 2nd Vet men and only 23 sec behind winner :o :cool: :thumbsup:

Oh btw: you might want to fix the error in the results, Kyle Wood (open men winner) had an erroneous time of 2:01:57 recorded, clearly a typo :rolleyes:

No typo mate i'm just flying,its the shit load of training i do thanks & the new niner air 9 is just a awesome bike to race :cool:
kxcrd

Canterbury | Christchurch | Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | North Canterbury | North Canterbury Cycling Club | Regions - Latest Posts