Calendar Event: November 13, 2010

Re: Spring Crusher - New Event At Hanmer Springs

Postby grum on Mon 25/Oct/10 2:48pm

SPRING CRUSHER Quality Food and Coffee will be on sale on site for the duration of the race. Race starts and finishes West end of village at AA Motor Camp. Camping places, cabins and Motel units available, Hot Showers too. Remember it is a Holiday Weekend so book your beds now. Try www.hanmerholidayhomes.co.nz
grum
Member for: 6 years 6 months

Postby Jemetch on Sat 30/Oct/10 6:57pm

Entered :) . Well I think I did... website seems a bit funky. It didn't ask if I was a man or lady.

Should be a great weekend :thumbsup: .
Jemetch
"a kind of very, very long cat"
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby XCguy on Sat 30/Oct/10 9:46pm

Jemetch wrote:Entered :) . Well I think I did... website seems a bit funky. It didn't ask if I was a man or lady.

Me too :)

Maybe we have a choice of the guys or girls race?
XCguy
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby pedalingkiwi on Mon 8/Nov/10 8:31pm

Tinkerbell wrote:I think I'll pootle along also, someone needs to make sure things are ok at the back of the pack. So much singletrack goodness. :love:

I'd be happy to contest back-of-the-pack-honours with you Tinks. I am determined to go and support the good works of the Hanmer Trail Pixies but methinks there will be a suitcase full of hurt ..... much of it mine :hmmm:
And besides I haven't ridden Threashold before, so there's new territory to be discovered :thumbsup:
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby Nick_K on Mon 8/Nov/10 8:49pm

Done entered now :thumbsup:

I'm not not very familar with most of the hanmer tracks, how rough are they? My good bikes forks are kuput so only have rigid at the moment. How much will I suffer?

Anyone keen to ride the course on Fri arvo?
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby XCguy on Mon 8/Nov/10 8:56pm

Nick_K wrote:Anyone keen to ride the course on Fri arvo?

Nick, I am planning to ride the eastern third or so (Threshold loop) on Friday arvo as I haven't done most of that before and am keen to have a look-see before race day. But not keen to ride any more than that or I will be even further still behind you on Saturday :crazy:
XCguy

Postby Nick_K on Mon 8/Nov/10 9:05pm

XCguy wrote:
Nick_K wrote:Anyone keen to ride the course on Fri arvo?

Nick, I am planning to ride the eastern third or so (Threshold loop) on Friday arvo as I haven't done most of that before and am keen to have a look-see before race day. But not keen to ride any more than that or I will be even further still behind you on Saturday :crazy:

Do you mind if I join you? That's the bit of the course I'm not familiar with.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby XCguy on Mon 8/Nov/10 9:17pm

Nick_K wrote:Do you mind if I join you? That's the bit of the course I'm not familiar with.

Sure, I'll flick you an email.
XCguy

Postby DogsBollocks on Tue 9/Nov/10 8:44am

Heads up. Rode most of this on Saturday after the muster got ditched. Decided to walk most of the top section of Red Rocks due to the foot deep mud in places. All sorts of carnage if you hit some of that wrong. We didn't head up to Detox as we assumed it would probably be the same. Bit of a course recy 1st might be an idea. :)
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 6 years 5 months

Postby JUANGEAR on Tue 9/Nov/10 9:13am

Nick_K wrote:Done entered now :thumbsup:

I'm not not very familar with most of the hanmer tracks, how rough are they? My good bikes forks are kuput so only have rigid at the moment. How much will I suffer?

I will also be rigid. Do not fear Hanmer is pretty smooth. Are you gonna be ss-ing?
JUANGEAR
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby Nick_K on Tue 9/Nov/10 9:15am

JUANGEAR wrote:
Nick_K wrote:Done entered now :thumbsup:

I will also be rigid. Do not fear Hanmer is pretty smooth. Are you gonna be ss-ing?

Yeah, mainly cause I'm too lazy to put gears on.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby JUANGEAR on Tue 9/Nov/10 9:23am

cool, same here. If all the planets align I may have in my posession the blingist ss wheelset know to man to ride upon.
JUANGEAR

Postby Nick_K on Tue 9/Nov/10 9:25am

JUANGEAR wrote:cool, same here. If all the planets align I may have in my posession the blingist ss wheelset know to man to ride upon.

Better not be crabon!
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby JUANGEAR on Tue 9/Nov/10 9:30am

Nick_K wrote:
JUANGEAR wrote:cool, same here. If all the planets align I may have in my posession the blingist ss wheelset know to man to ride upon.

Better not be crabon!

wouldn't that be funny.
JUANGEAR

Postby crazyfraz on Wed 10/Nov/10 8:28pm

just been out for a ride, all tracks are dry and fast, few water ruts in places from winter,but other than that she'll be job on on saturday, gd luck to all have entered, should be a huge race. :)
crazyfraz
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | North Canterbury | North Canterbury Cycling Club | Regions - Latest Posts