Calendar Event: November 14, 2009

Speights Westcoaster

Postby sharonducker on Tue 2/Jun/09 10:39pm

Welcome to the Speights West Coaster - NZ’s newest off-road, trail and coastal running event!

With a distance for all levels of fitness, adventure and enthusiasm (including a marathon distance event for individuals or teams, plus 28km, 18km and a 10km for individuals), the Speights West Coaster is a must-do for all off-road enthusiasts

Enter at www.totalsport.co.nz
sharonducker
Member for: 6 years 8 months

Re: Speights Westcoaster

Postby WayneG on Fri 2/Oct/09 8:45pm

Has anyone here done this before? This year I'm going to give it a go and want to know what the track is like? Do you need garters to keep sand or rocks out of your shoes or is it mostly hard ground? Any tips for a first timer would be great, as I don't live anywhere near there so can't go out and see it until race day.
WayneG
"Look mum I can fly"
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Re: Speights Westcoaster

Postby PhilterNZ on Fri 2/Oct/09 10:09pm

I am going to be doing the 18km run

I am expecting some soft sand at the worst, I have done a few of the Totalsport runs this year and never needed anything more than a decent pair of off road shoes.

I havent seen the course/s but expect hard/soft sand and nice root infested clay single track - if it has been raining it will be slippery and muddy as hell - and knowing totalsport there will be at least 1 decent size bog to run through.

there will be some short steep climbs and decents but it is Auckland so nothing too ugly.

I am expecting it will be "fun"
PhilterNZ
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Running | Trail Running - Latest Posts