Specialized Fuci

Postby Kev on Fri 12/Feb/16 3:15pm

The Specialized fUCI Is Proof Your Bike Should Be Better
Racing’s governing body restricts innovation to create a safe, level playing field for competitors. Does that mean your bike has been dumbed down?

http://www.outsideonline.com/2053331/your-bike-should-be-better

I think they are missing the point by fitting an electric motor to help spin the "massive flywheel" of a back wheel but I quite like it as a styling exercise.
fuci.jpg
Kev
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Specialized Fuci

Postby Wobbler on Fri 12/Feb/16 3:36pm

“I’ve never actually met anyone from the UCI, but…,” Robert Egger, creative director of Specialized Bicycles, pauses to consider the appropriate turn of phrase. “Then again, I’ve never met a Nazi. I just know I don’t like them.”

What a fucking bellend
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Rik on Fri 12/Feb/16 3:37pm

Aaaaaargh 33.3 Another wheel size.

I wonder if it would go a bit fast if I dropped the saddle 5mm. No, wait, I can't.

I like the screen. I could put a tortoise sticker on it and pretend to be Valentio Rossi.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Farm on Fri 12/Feb/16 3:45pm

:blink:
image.jpeg
Farm
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 12/Feb/16 4:05pm

Wobbler wrote:
“I’ve never actually met anyone from the UCI, but…,” Robert Egger, creative director of Specialized Bicycles, pauses to consider the appropriate turn of phrase. “Then again, I’ve never met a Nazi. I just know I don’t like them.”

What a fucking bellend

Come on, you've never met most vorbers either, and you can tell you wouldn't like us IRL.
(disclaimer, I seem to remember meeting Wobbs, but have no memory of his personality but what we see here.)
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby cyclenutnz on Sat 13/Feb/16 8:38pm

I've met people from Specialized USA and none of them seem like the type to be henchmen of an evil empire...
Maybe you can't judge people by where they work.
cyclenutnz
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby Conners on Sun 14/Feb/16 3:25pm

Yeah, my bike should be better. Especially if it had a motor :crazy:

Fair enough, spend six months and a bunch of cash designing something funky that challenges the way people think. But putting a motor on a race bike is just plain retarded.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Cycling | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts