Specialized Big Hit Swing Arm Wanted

Postby danz411 on Sat 17/Jul/10 12:22am

Hello all, i am trying to find a large swing arm for my big hit downhill mtb bike....i have a 05 medium model which means i can only run a 24'inch size rim on the rear of my bike because of the size of my swing arm, i know these bikes are pretty common and am hoping someone out theres got an old one in there garage?....it's Probably a long shot but you never know???? not really consurned with colour or even brand but must still function well please.....this is because i am looking to extend my bikes wheel base for speed by adding 26'inch in the back....either buy or swap. Cheers :)
Heavy d
Last edited by danz411 on Wed 21/Jul/10 6:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
danz411
"ABSOLUTE ARSE RIPPER!"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Re: Specialized Big Hit Swing Arm Wanted

Postby mudguard on Mon 19/Jul/10 5:33pm

Are you looking for the BETD seatstays? They're the only way you can run a normal wheel.
mudguard
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby danz411 on Wed 21/Jul/10 6:27pm

Huh Yeah i might be...? i just had a look at what you were referring to online...didnt expect some pins, nuts and bolts though....i just kinda assumed it would be a type of arm extension! have you had any experience with them before? I mean how dose it work, Will these bits and piece's allow me to run a large 26' wheel ?? Even though i'm completely confused if this is even possible i Thank you for your post :)
HD
danz411
"ABSOLUTE ARSE RIPPER!"

Postby mudguard on Sun 8/Aug/10 6:17pm

The black seatstay is replaced by the silver one on the bike. I don't think the larger frame sizes had larger seatstays.
Also gave another inch of travel too.
DSC00007.JPG
DSC00017.JPG
mudguard

Postby danz411 on Sun 8/Aug/10 6:40pm

Please...How did you acquire the silver seat stay...? Where did you find it and how much was it...??? Thanks
danz411
"ABSOLUTE ARSE RIPPER!"

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 8/Aug/10 7:16pm

danz411 wrote:Please...How did you acquire the silver seat stay...? Where did you find it and how much was it...??? Thanks

you will need either;

1) At time machine to go back to 2003, to when such things were made

2) get searching ebay UK

3) try and track down BETD (a british company) to see if they have any left
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby danz411 on Sun 8/Aug/10 10:43pm

Or 4) Put my thinking cap on! find out the dimension and have a engineer constuct one for me?? I like the time machine idea too=)
danz411
"ABSOLUTE ARSE RIPPER!"

Postby big_daddy_jj on Mon 9/Aug/10 9:06pm

danz411 wrote:Or 4) Put my thinking cap on! find out the dimension and have a engineer constuct one for me?? I like the time machine idea too=)

possible but waaay to expensive for what you want. you wont be able to get that built properly for a box of beer and a twenty
big_daddy_jj
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby mudguard on Thu 12/Aug/10 7:26pm

If you want one really badly I could try find where my old frame went? It should still be with it.
mudguard

Postby danz411 on Sat 14/Aug/10 6:42pm

'Oh wow' Yes!I would very much appreciate that if you could try...? But please don't go out of your way if it becomes too difficult Thankyou so much for your help=)
danz411
"ABSOLUTE ARSE RIPPER!"

Classifieds | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Mountain Biking | Swap - Latest Posts