Sorted: 10" Balance Bike Wheelset

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 16/Jan/17 9:57pm

The Velocipetit is excited about bikes, which I am excited about.
But the balance bike we have is slightly too big (after drilling some extra seat-lowering holes).

I'm not sure if these exist, but the buggy has 10x1.25" tyres, so they might.

Anyone?
Last edited by Velocipedestrian on Fri 27/Jan/17 11:12am, edited 1 time in total.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Re: Wanted: 10" Balance Bike Wheelset

Postby belfastcycles on Tue 17/Jan/17 1:54pm

I have a set of plastic balance bike wheels with inflatable tyres, I was keeping them to build a buggy for the kids, welcome to try them if your in Auckland, although cant really be arsed to post them anywhere.

cheers
belfastcycles
Member for: 6 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 17/Jan/17 3:17pm

That's the kind of thing I'm looking for... But I'm in welly.

If the urge to rid yourself of them outweighs the urge to make a buggy give me a yell.

Cheers
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."

Postby Conners on Tue 17/Jan/17 11:22pm

Mocka do a model called the mini urban, pretty sure it has 10" wheels (its definitely got smaller wheels than all of their other bikes.)
https://www.mocka.co.nz/mini-urban-bike.html
Have a look at the second photo - shows it standing next to their normal sized bike.

They sell spare wheels at $10 each.
https://www.mocka.co.nz/bike-wheels.html
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 18/Jan/17 7:03am

Cheers Conners, who'd a thunk it.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Conners on Wed 18/Jan/17 8:50pm

No worries, we were really close to buying one of those for our little guy when he was about 18 months old but held off and got him a full sized urban for his second birthday (on the basis that he would've outgrown the mini much sooner).

I didn't actually know they sold spare wheels until I looked them up yesterday to find a photo of the mini for you!
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Classifieds - Latest Posts