Some Bugger Stole Ma Car !

Postby DogsBollocks on Fri 11/Sep/15 12:50pm

Hiya, 1995 Hilux Surf WJ4978, maroon flogged from up the driveway o/night from Parklands (Tumara Park) in Ch-Ch. It may still have the blue/black Narley 4 bike rack hanging off the back, or the T7 towball extender. If you see it around give me a shout, or call the popo Cheers in advance.
Scott 021973401.
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Re: Some Bugger Stole Ma Car !

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 11/Sep/15 12:57pm

BASTARDS!!
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby jo on Fri 11/Sep/15 1:02pm

Its been ages since I'd heard of someones car being stolen. :( Sorry to hear. Hope you get it back.
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 11/Sep/15 6:52pm

Gutted, surfs and 4wd hiluxs seem to be one of those vehicles that seem to be targeted at the moment. I hope you get it back in good nick
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Scotty on Fri 11/Sep/15 7:07pm

Awwww don't say that!

Now I'm goona be paranoid. :(
Scotty

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 11/Sep/15 7:43pm

Scotty wrote:Awwww don't say that!

It might just be up around here but, they do go missing, I'd be fitting a decent alarm or imobiliser
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby Dougal on Fri 11/Sep/15 8:39pm

Sorry to hear that. But if you want another I know a guy selling one. Pretty sure it's not your one.
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Trail on Fri 11/Sep/15 8:40pm

kinda wish someone would steal our van. Engine is on the way out and that would save me from having to deal with it :paranoid:
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby Dougal on Fri 11/Sep/15 8:52pm

Trail wrote:kinda wish someone would steal our van. Engine is on the way out and that would save me from having to deal with it :paranoid:

The same one you did the bottom end on a few years back?
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Trail on Fri 11/Sep/15 9:07pm

Dougal wrote:
Trail wrote:kinda wish someone would steal our van. Engine is on the way out and that would save me from having to deal with it :paranoid:

The same one you did the bottom end on a few years back?

Yup.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby slidecontrol on Fri 11/Sep/15 9:43pm

pushbikerider wrote:

It might just be up around here but, they do go missing, I'd be fitting a decent alarm or imobiliser

I'd be investing in a rottweiler and a shotgun.
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 11/Sep/15 11:55pm

I'm keeping an eye out for it, Dogsbollox. Spotted one like yours parked on the river this afternoon (a whitebaiter's) but the number plate didn't match :(.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 12/Sep/15 3:59am

Weak :(
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby 13daza on Sat 12/Sep/15 12:24pm

I caught a guy breaking into my hi viz orange workshop van late one night ( I used to have a flat above my workshop ) I chased him up the road in my gruds, yelling out to him of all the terrible things that were about to befall him, for some strange reason he ran like Satan was at his heels .
Mean while the wife had called the popo who happened to be nearby and unoccupied at the time,the chase continued for a couple of km and I was only about fifty feet behind him when a cop car came around the corner , he ran in front of the cops and surrendered by leaping into the back seat ( at the time I looked like a muscle bound viking with a huge beard and waist length hair ) I'm not sure what the popo were more surprised to be seeing ,grizzly Adams on steroids tearing up the road in his y fronts and a pair of slippers ,or the perp giving up and wanting in the car either way it was prob one of the easiest catches they made that night, we all thought it quite amusing, except of course for the rather frightened young lad in the back of the cop car.
The young fella burst into sobs and tears when the cops told me to jump in the car and they'd give my a ride back,I guess I must have given him a bit of a fright and he looked really young ,I felt sorry for him and decided to jog back after all its not every night you get to run around an industrial area in your undies and we'd pretty much run around the block anyway :)
Turned out he was fifteen years old ,in my rage I had totally missed the twenty one year old hiding behind the trucks in the drive (who had set him up with the gear and instructions) he had watched me roar off up the road after his "minion" then the missus saw him sneak off down the drive and wander off in the opposite direction the cops caught him later on he had over twenty priors and was on parole, real wanker to be talking kids into doing his dirty work. :angry:
The young fella turned out to be an o.k kid. At the youth court/family hearing I offered to have him make reparations for the damage by coming of work for me a couple of hours three time a week for a few months which his parents were very happy with (they were a very conservative Indian family ,in fact his grandfather had been a police captain in Fiji),at the time I refused to shake his hand until he had made things right by me and told him in no uncertain terms that I would shake his hand when things were "right". To his credit he did it and turned up as agreed ,he swept the floor took the rubbish out, cleaned parts, tidied the workshop and polished my van endlessly after he helped me fix the damage from him screwdrivering his way in (which must have been a very humbling experience) I was happy to shake his hand at the end and helped him get into a pre trade course. I haven't heard how he's ended up but I would like to think he learned from his mistake and has moved on to better things and made something of his life .

In general though my Westie side says car thieves should be strung up by their nads from the nearest street light
13daza
Member for: 3 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sat 12/Sep/15 4:05pm

slidecontrol wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

I'd be investing in a rottweiler and a shotgun.

You need those when it's rotary powered
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Cars | Motoring | Public Notices | Sifting | Stolen - Latest Posts