Sold: Santa Cruz Chameleon - Currently Setup Singlespeed

Postby BigDaddyShan on Sun 23/Aug/15 9:12pm

Sorry folks, just SOLD it to a happy new owner :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to do it but I've gotta sell my amazing Santa Cruz Chameleon hardtail. I'd been after a Santz Cruz for years and I love this bike! These boys know how to make some of the best bikes in the world, they're expensive, but they're the best. I've got 2 single speeds in the stable and sadly I can only keep one :( My loss is your gain...

This is well known as the ultimate do-it-all hardtail, build it light and agile for XC or build it brutish to take the big hits, your choice. I've got it listed on Trademe as well, so if you want more photos, I've got some extras up there.

Finished in beautiful anodized gold, the bike is in awesome condition. Zero dents or cracks in the frame, but there a few light scratches from the odd fall. Nothing deep and NO gouges! Frame looks almost as good as new and rides like a dream. As you can see I run it single speed, with a singlespeed specific rear wheel, but you can buy a rear dropout chip which allows you to run a derailleur if you want it. You'd also need to get a rear wheel with a cassette freewheel. I've built it up with high end parts giving you long term reliability and enjoyment.

PARTS:
* XL Santa Cruz Chameleon frame for 100-160mm forks - 1&1/8" headtube, eccentric BB
* Rockshox Pike 454 air forks - 160mm with remote lockout, 20mm Maxle axle, Cane Creek headset
* White Industries 'The ONE' crankset on Phil Wood bottom bracket - DMR V12 flat pedals
* Front brake Avid Juicy Ultimate - 185mm rotor
* Rear brake Hayes Nine - 160mm rotor
* Rear wheel Mavic 823 rim laced to 10mm bolt-thru Paul Word Singlespeed Rear Disc Hub
* Front wheel Mavic 325 rim laced to sealed cartridge bearing hub
* WTB saddle on a beautiful Thompson Elite seatpost
* Race Face Ride stem bolted to Atlas bars

I'm just under 180cm and found the size very comfortable. Bike's in excellent working condition. Forks are lovely and smooth with absolutely clean stanchions - zero scratches. Handlebar lockout works perfectly. Chain is brand new (100km's) and the cog and chainring were reversed when new chain was added so drivetrain feels like new. Brakes are powerful and sharp and don't need bleeding. No creaks or groans anywhere, just silent deadliness. Front hub bearings feel a little notchy but that's just being picky! They're sealed cartridge bearings, so it's an easy fix :)

Note, I've been commuting on it for the last few months, so it's got slick tyres on it. Photos show Schwalbe Marathons, but I'm going to swap these for a brand new set of Maxxis Overdrive tyres, these are brilliant... light and have a very effective kevlar anti-puncture belt.

PICKUP is Birkenhead. If you fancy a test ride then drop me your number and I'll flick you my addy.

1.JPG
2.JPG

4.JPG
10.JPG

14.JPG
17.JPG
BigDaddyShan
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Re: Sold: Santa Cruz Chameleon - Currently Setup Singlespeed

Postby NordieBoy on Tue 21st Mar 10:36pm

Now running 175mm Shimano cranks with Absolute Black 32t oval ring and 20t freewheel. XT trail or XTR race pedals depending on racing or fun. Easton Havoc carbon bars, Command Post Blacklite, X0 shifters controlling the dropper and fork lockout. SRAM DB5 levers and DB5 rear and Guide 4 pot front calipers.
Ardent 2.4 front and Ardent Race 2.35 rear.

Next is lacing up some Flow EX rims onto new hubs and keeping the old wheels for the really chunky rides.
20161009_120725.jpg
NordieBoy
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby BigDaddyShan on Wed 22nd Mar 9:09am

Beauty mate! Good job, she's looking good :)
BigDaddyShan
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby NordieBoy on Sat 27th May 3:52pm

Now being fine-tuned looking ahead to the World Champs in Rotorua :cool:

20170524_141328.jpg
NordieBoy
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Classifieds - Latest Posts