Sold: 888's

Postby xcmtb on Thu 30/Apr/09 4:57pm

Just bought some 40's, once I confirm they fit my bike and work well my 888's will be up for sale. If you want to get in early let me know. I'll be putting them on trademe when I decide the sale is definatly on, unless a Vorber lets me know they want them first.

2005 888rc. Sold
Last edited by xcmtb on Mon 8/Jun/09 12:43pm, edited 2 times in total.
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Not Yet For Sale: 888's

Postby METZ on Thu 30/Apr/09 6:23pm

i could be keen depending on condition, flick up a couple of pics and ill take a look
METZ
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 30/Apr/09 6:50pm

METZ wrote:i could be keen depending on condition, flick up a couple of pics and ill take a look

They're in pretty good nick, last time I saw them, and what he hasn't mentioned is the 06 flat crown that has been fitted to them, so the axle to crown isn't crazy on them ;)
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby xcmtb on Thu 30/Apr/09 10:31pm

pushbikerider wrote:
METZ wrote:i could be keen depending on condition, flick up a couple of pics and ill take a look

They're in pretty good nick, last time I saw them, and what he hasn't mentioned is the 06 flat crown that has been fitted to them, so the axle to crown isn't crazy on them ;)

No idea what Deano just said, but yea, what he said.

I don't believe I've ridden them since he saw them. Too much practicing on the singlespeed. I'll try to remember to take pics this weekend. From memory they have a length of tube over one side of the lowers to prevent transport rash. I've never seen under this, but would assume it's in good condition for the previous owner to want to keep it like this.

Previous owner was Mr_Bob on his Foes Fly.
xcmtb

Postby Mr_Bob on Thu 30/Apr/09 11:16pm

To give you a bit of history on them,
They were great forks for me, Smooth, tough, with plenty of rebound & compression adjust. - I never bottomed them out when I owned them. probably due for an oil change and a regrease on the seals (Which I can arange if need be for a small fee)
I owned them for 6 months, and used them every other saturday shuttling, and the previous owner to me had just had them serviced and new seals. and the only reason that I sold them was because I got a hell of a deal on a pair of fox 40 Rc2's.

Not the greatest photos but here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... =717520943
and: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... =717520943
From when it was on my fly.
Also here: the-mighty-foes-post-t47181-315.html?hilit=mr_bob
Forks come with a flat lower crown, and aftermarket Aireal flat top crown - which has a bolt on stem that will fit standard bars.
If you are interested in these forks, I also have a marzo drop upper crown, and an oversize integrated stem, that I will sell for $100 - Pm me :)
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Sat 2/May/09 5:26pm

Saw StevVo today
Steerer is 220mm long - with a flat lower crown which was purchased new from Wide open after I got the forks approx a year ago.
lowers have some shuttle rash, stanchions have 2 small scratches on them (Steve's going to upload photos)
and also includes 8" brake adapter for IS to post mount forks.
Last edited by Mr_Bob on Sun 3/May/09 8:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"

Postby METZ on Sat 2/May/09 5:29pm

ok sweet thanx
METZ
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby xcmtb on Sun 3/May/09 7:12pm

Photo's taken yesterday, let me know what you think.
P4010015.JPG
P4010016.JPG
P4010019.JPG
P4010020.JPG
P4010021.JPG
P4010022.JPG
xcmtb

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Sun 3/May/09 9:43pm

How much you lookin' for? hows that rhyno lite been holding up?
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby xcmtb on Mon 4/May/09 12:53pm

dicks-naughty-account wrote:How much you lookin' for? hows that rhyno lite been holding up?
Hey Richard, Offers above 400. I found a front wheel that matched the rear, so the rhyno lite got sold on... To toplip if my memory serves me right.
xcmtb

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Mon 4/May/09 6:45pm

Matching rims, the fashion police will be pleased.
400? dang. i was hoping fo' a steal.
dicks-naughty-account

Postby xcmtb on Mon 4/May/09 7:59pm

You still interested though?
xcmtb

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Mon 4/May/09 8:31pm

hmm yeah... i'll be getting $400 tax return, so if they're still hangin' around when that comes through i'll see if these are still kicking about. prolly won't be though. ah well, we'll see! cheers Walt
dicks-naughty-account

Postby xcmtb on Mon 4/May/09 8:39pm

Tax returns are good for making decisions on buying stuff... I bought the wankplates with mine. Any idea whan yours is due? The only people interested so far are you, METZ and a mate, so I'll keep them off tardme if you want.
xcmtb

Postby Mr_Bob on Mon 4/May/09 8:42pm

Stevo, I might have a buyer for them down here, will let you know next couple of days.
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"

4X/ BSX Racing | Classifieds | Cycling | Downhill Racing | For Sale | Mountain Biking | Shuttling - Latest Posts