Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby IL Treno Dolore on Tue 26/Oct/10 1:38pm

Datsane wrote:Was a great day out. A bit annoyed that I and other people weren't told we could have opted for Redbull shots over beer. And finish time and/or position didn't exist for the lower classes.

What was with all the people bailing on a second lap?
More so the "Pain Train" gang standing around looking more PD gang then Train.


:D :D Datsane that was plan A and we executed it brillantly, drinking all the beer that the likes of Ingrid etc didn't when they were taking the red bull instead (she had a great ride too). Frame of mind wise, we all went into it with the "lets have fun" attitude from the get go, so results wise, didn't give a hoot. A few of the boys did the 2 laps, but most of us raced for the beer tent title FTW. Vincenzo 1st Focker 2nd Wazza 3rd

If some of us had trained 100's of hours like Mr Buysmen, maybe we would have gone plan B and made the smart move of following Garth around like a stalker for a good start , but end of the day, there is only one winner and it wasn't going to be any of us ;)

We were all super stoked to watch the scull off and sprint finish between Rad Ross and G-berg - from all the Pain Train, outstanding effort Garth! :thumbsup:
IL Treno Dolore
User avatar
"A basterds work is never done"
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby kiwi_zg on Tue 26/Oct/10 1:59pm

For those who don't know Ben Bostrom who finished 3rd can ride a Superbike pretty well too.
http://www.gravesport.com/ben-bostrom.html


BenBostrom

1. Stoked to be riding today with all the single gear mentality cyclist in NZ. Awesome group of humans! SSWC. Let the games begin!!! 12:21 PM Oct 22nd via Twitterrific
kiwi_zg
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby Datsane on Wed 27/Oct/10 9:01am

IL Treno Dolore wrote:
Datsane wrote:Was a great day out. A bit annoyed that I and other people weren't told we could have opted for Redbull shots over beer. And finish time and/or position didn't exist for the lower classes.

What was with all the people bailing on a second lap?
More so the "Pain Train" gang standing around looking more PD gang then Train.


:D :D Datsane that was plan A and we executed it brillantly, drinking all the beer that the likes of Ingrid etc didn't when they were taking the red bull instead (she had a great ride too). Frame of mind wise, we all went into it with the "lets have fun" attitude from the get go, so results wise, didn't give a hoot. A few of the boys did the 2 laps, but most of us raced for the beer tent title FTW. Vincenzo 1st Focker 2nd Wazza 3rd

If some of us had trained 100's of hours like Mr Buysmen, maybe we would have gone plan B and made the smart move of following Garth around like a stalker for a good start , but end of the day, there is only one winner and it wasn't going to be any of us ;)

We were all super stoked to watch the scull off and sprint finish between Rad Ross and G-berg - from all the Pain Train, outstanding effort Garth! :thumbsup:
I was only ever there for fun. Hell I dressed as a roadie :lol:

But knowing where I finished would have been nice. Not that it would really mean much with the great traffic jam, which was dealt with in a every interesting and effective ish manner :thumbsup:

I'm most grumpy that I had to drink two beers oh well live and learn.

Whens the next SS race :paranoid:
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby nagem on Wed 27/Oct/10 9:06am

You no liek beer?? :hmmm:
nagem
User avatar
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby keltravers on Wed 27/Oct/10 9:11am

What's wrong with drinking two beers, I was stoked to drink four beers and smoke the rockdrop...
keltravers
"Dodgy boats and dodgy lights"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby Datsane on Wed 27/Oct/10 9:23am

Whats right with it more to the point it tastes like arse. I'd much rather lick my armpit if I had the choice.
The total number of beers I had drunk start to finish tripled Saturday :lol:

I've never had a starbucks coffee does that make me a bad person to?
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby RussS on Wed 27/Oct/10 10:54am

Bloody fussy pooftahs


Thank your lucky stars it was not something like Rhieneck :p
RussS
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby Datsane on Wed 27/Oct/10 11:06am

I like to think that a I have a well balanced palette, not that I'm a poof.
The brand doesn't make much difference to me, in some ways that would have been better then all the beers drinker would have been grumpy to :p
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby NICKed on Mon 27/Dec/10 9:58pm

there were a few photographers around the course - did these photos ever end up anywhere?
NICKed
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 27/Dec/10 10:05pm

NICKed wrote:there were a few photographers around the course - did these photos ever end up anywhere?


a good chunk of them ended up on facestalk

try this link http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?t.100000003948263

plus a bunch here http://picasaweb.google.com/GiddyInVega ... 10TheRest#
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby NICKed on Tue 28/Dec/10 12:08pm

pushbikerider wrote:
NICKed wrote:there were a few photographers around the course - did these photos ever end up anywhere?


a good chunk of them ended up on facestalk

try this link http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?t.100000003948263

plus a bunch here http://picasaweb.google.com/GiddyInVega ... 10TheRest#



sweet thanks
NICKed
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby bluedogSS on Sun 9/Jan/11 7:21pm

350 or so of the best photos from SSWC10: http://www.sswc10nz.com/news_detail.php?id=65
Race reports (plus some coverage from overseas) here: http://www.sswc10nz.com/news.php?catid=3
Download the Red Bulletin International coverage (with great Graeme Murray's pics) here: http://www.sswc10nz.com/news_detail.php?id=75
bluedogSS
User avatar
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Cycling | Singlespeed - Latest Posts

Who is online

55 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Scotty and 50 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles