Re: Singlespeed Worlds In Rotorua, New Zealand, October 2010.

Postby bluedogSS on Thu 23/Sep/10 7:15am

Information on rego times and places etc has been on the website since August (we got race time in Napa in 08 the week before, so we're a bit ahead there!) and an email to all entrants went out pointing to that.
Actually, if there's anything to be known that the team know - it's on the website. Keep an eye on it.
Places to look are under The Event and Deano's updates under News.
If you're not receiving emails (and they've been going out regularly to entrants since January) then they are probably being filtered (gmail and hotmail can be a bugger for this) plus a lot of info has been posted on VORB.
Email singlespeed@riderotorua.com with the email address you gave when you entered (and you'd be surprised the number of people who get it wrong when they type it in) and it'll be sorted. That's being done on a regular basis and of the 900 plus email addresses only 5 are showing as bouncing, which is pretty fricking amazingly low.
As it says on the website on the entry page, you may need to enter the singlespeed@riderotorua.com address into your computer address book to avoid filters as it is the send address for emails.
There're also links to Dean and Marcus's email on the website, if you need any answers - but it'd be good if you can avoid that as they are pretty much flat out for next 4 weeks.
Be nice to have the time to ring around all 960 or so of you but, you know, there's a bit on...
bluedogSS
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby dented on Thu 23/Sep/10 7:22am

All, good. I have been getting emails but in all honesty I dont read them all that thoroughly. Keep up the good work team!
dented
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Thu 23/Sep/10 7:28am

wicked! can't believe this has snuck up on me.
better go dust the winter cobwebs off the bike and see if it still works......
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby NDuroEvents on Thu 23/Sep/10 8:11am

Hi all

Thanks for all the comments and feedback. For competitors you will be receiving a competitor specific email for the event early next week and then a weekly one leading into it. As you can imagine there is quite a bit going with the week so a lot of your questions will be answered. There is a heap of information on the website as Graeme has pointed out so please look at that first and please read the emails coming out as well.

There will be a compulsory race briefing on Friday night at Race HQ. We have secured permission to erect a huge marquee in the carpark behind Kiwibikes and Zippy's to bring everything into the CBD of Rotorua. It is going to be fantastic assuming we all behave ourselves...yeah, right! There will be no race briefing on Saturday apart from a few last minute instructions to herd you all to the start area. The digger for Waipa should be arriving next week to help us sort that.

There will be no registration on the Saturday morning. With over 1,000 to process through registration so there is absolutely no way we could do this before race start. If for any reason you cannot make it until Saturday morning then get someone to pick up your race pack for you or contact us. Obviously we will make exceptions in extreme circumstances but they will be considered on a case by case basis.

And as Graeme points out if you have any other questions email us - our details are on the website.

We are really looking forward to this. It is going to be an awesome week with a lot programmed. Wednesday: 16 inch dual slalom event at Centennial Park. Thursday: function at Agroventures and first round of the hosting right competition for next years event and Scwheeb world record attempts. Friday: function in Race HQ and race briefing plus round 2 for hosting in 2011. Saturday: race day. Plus heaps more going on.

And the Moerangi Track in Whirinaki is open again!

Marcus and Dean
NDuro Events
NDuroEvents
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Mel on Thu 23/Sep/10 10:28am

Thanks for the info. I too have been getting the emails, but just missed reading/seeing this very important one!

I have every intention of making it over for the Friday night - it's all part of the preparation. ;) I just need to sort some leave from work, a leave-pass from home, and then I should be able to come to some of the other stuff too. Awesome. :cool:
Mel
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby Datsane on Thu 23/Sep/10 11:04pm

Will there be checking of bikes?
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby dented on Thu 23/Sep/10 11:43pm

Are you planning on putting secret gears on?
dented
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby RussS on Fri 24/Sep/10 7:46am

Nah dents - dat(in)sane is one of those mad scientists .... read that bit about the electric motor in the seat tube and has been plotting furiously to develop one.

In his case however, it is designed to go backwards ................. that way he can look like he is really working hard while going for DFL ;)
RussS
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 25/Sep/10 11:20am

RussS wrote:Nah dents - dat(in)sane is one of those mad scientists .... read that bit about the electric motor in the seat tube and has been plotting furiously to develop one.

In his case however, it is designed to go backwards ................. that way he can look like he is really working hard while going for DFL ;)

Well I haven't seen any rules saying I can't use a motor :p
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby bluedogSS on Sat 25/Sep/10 11:26am

The New Scrutineer is revving up his chainsaw!
bluedogSS

Postby bluedogSS on Sat 25/Sep/10 11:32am

Great news today for The Shweeb guys at Agroventures with a big investment from Google: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10675998
The Shweeb world record attempt will be at Agroventures on Thursday October 21 along with part 1 of the bidding process for SSWC2011 with Ireland, Italy, South Africa and Aussie currently in the mix. Part 2 is on Friday night in the HQ Marquee in town and part 3 will be straight after the race on Saturday out at Waipa.
All part of the Rotorua Trust Bike Festival in the lead-up to SSWC10: http://www.sswc10nz.com/festival.php
bluedogSS

Postby Datsane on Tue 28/Sep/10 10:50pm

dented wrote:Im in a quandry. SS race starts at Waipa at 10.30am Saturday.
North Island BMX champs racing starts at Rotorua BMX track at 11.00am Saturday.

My mouth is full and I am having difficulty masticating.

For some reason I'm reading though the NZ BMX rule book and seen this:
1.023 Starting Blocks
Riders 6 years of age and under may use a block or footrest, or place the
block under the back pedal. The block must be no higher than 76mm
above the lower pedal when in a perpendicular position. The top surface
of the block must be parallel to the surface of the starting platform. No
other rider may use any form of assistance to aid their start.

from 01.10.g
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 11/Oct/10 6:54pm

with time running out to get my replacement rig frame [ are you listening mr trek importer?] time to get plan b under way

take one ss chainring subtract 3 other rings, and add a shortcage RD with modified adjustment screws, +1 XC fully
and you get something like this...
drivetrain.jpg

test ride tomorrow to see it it works :crazy:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby RussS on Mon 11/Oct/10 7:17pm

Damn - that IS ghetto :crazy:
RussS
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 11/Oct/10 9:59pm

as ghetto as it gets with a 12k bike as a donor :p
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Cycling | Singlespeed - Latest Posts