Re: Single Speed Class At Club Summer Series

Postby Focker on Sat 29/Oct/11 6:21pm

xc_cruiser wrote:Woww and wow, not cool Struggling!

By no means Focker was my post an attack on any member of the committee or the committee as a whole (why would I ? they are a hardworking bunch of people), it was to simply ask the question rather than demand a change, just a pity you took my post out of context, made your own assumptions and decided to get personal towards me as well. Again not cool.

Errr sorry XC crusier but you have taken my post out of context....I just mentioned you only because being a commenter on here, you were at the AGM and thought you were on the committee? (of which struggling Smithy was having a go at...).

Aren't you doing the newsletter?? Just picked up the latest today - very good :thumbsup:

struggling wrote:The post I put earlier in this thread is my view and mine alone, has nothing to do with xc crusier he had just posted a question so to bracket his views with mine James is a tad unfair to him.

James you know me, its either black or white. I will express my view if i am passionate about it and if people get offened then tuff.

Also you make note to personal agendas and dummy spits, dont really think I have a personal agenda as I had already explanned to some fellow riders that I wouldnt be able to race this year as family takes the front seat, Just asking asking questions and viewing views. As for the dummie spit, if thats what you wish to call it then I am glad to receive it.

Ok Chris....what I was alluding too (which in the big picture has little to do with you), is every year someone has a good ole go at the poor ole committee on this forum (and its you this time) and achieves nothing except winding people up. Before we had a forum, if you wanted to have your say, you would front up to a committee meeting in person to get your point across....or speak to the person in charge - in this instance Rusty. That would be the most mature and positive way to achieve things perhaps?

When I mentioned the word "agenda" it was in a sentence about genuinely being on the committee for a cause you want or change you would like to see and I was actually taking the piss out of myself for having my own agenda in the past - like getting a mtb track in the city called Pukete :thumbsup: (do you know what this :blush: means?...).

Hey I'm the first to have an opinion and everyone is allowed to have one, but saying a group of people are F&%en a-holes is not really your style is it?

I'm out for the season as well - for reasons like yours and of course with the family direction this committee is taking - of course you would have to agree with me that is a good thing :thumbsup:
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 6 years 1 month

Postby xc_cruiser on Sun 30/Oct/11 9:42pm

Errr sorry XC crusier but you have taken my post out of context....I just mentioned you only because being a commenter on here, you were at the AGM and thought you were on the committee? (of which struggling Smithy was having a go at...).

Aren't you doing the newsletter?? Just picked up the latest today - very good

Unfortunately im one of the four that stood down, my work priorities changed almost in the same breath as excepting another term on the committee, hence the reason i took your words so personally. So between family and the multiple drives to Auckland each week I had no time to fulfill my commitments on the committee. The newsletter is put together by Grant Shackleton, impressive piece of work indeed!

Might look at organising a regular ride for parents with baby seats or trailers and attack the river track, you'll be into that wouldnt you Folker? Thats my evil plan to get back on the bike more.
xc_cruiser
Member for: 5 years 1 month

Postby Datsane on Mon 31/Oct/11 12:58pm

The MTB track is easy enough with kids on bike seats and or a half bike. But NOT a trailer.
Depending on how wide the trailer is the river path can be a pain in places.

James likes the Newsletter cause he's on the cover :p
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Focker on Wed 2/Nov/11 9:13am

:blush: yeah true Andrew! Some good reading in there though as well, layout etc also good (I used to do a newsletter for the club waaaaay back and it pales in comparsion). Good work Shack, Russell and team :thumbsup:

Hey Shaun I certainly understand your prediciment and have since found out why a few others have left that I didn't realise had....sorry you took my comments personally - they were not aimed at you at all in any way, shape or form.....

You can't do everything eh and yeah riding wise "dad's in the dirt dayz" maybe a plan for sure - I'm in! I was looking at a trailer the other day...maybe not now though?
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 6 years 1 month

Postby RussS on Wed 2/Nov/11 9:37am

The thought of you and a trailer dropping into Cookies Cutting is a scary thought Focker :o
RussS
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby Datsane on Wed 2/Nov/11 11:16am

Focker wrote:You can't do everything eh and yeah riding wise "dad's in the dirt dayz" maybe a plan for sure - I'm in! I was looking at a trailer the other day...maybe not now though?
Trailer would be fine in the park area.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby hotshothendo on Wed 2/Nov/11 10:17pm

1st club night racing...how many raced in the SS category...1, how many raced SS in aged category..1

hehe

10 points to meeeeeeee
hotshothendo
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby Datsane on Wed 2/Nov/11 10:31pm

The rain turn people off riding tonight?
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby hotshothendo on Thu 3/Nov/11 7:55am

track held up very well to the amount of rain we have had. it was a little greasy in places but overall very good.

there was a few extra guys at the sharp end of the race making it interesting
hotshothendo

Postby RussS on Fri 4/Nov/11 9:47pm

hotshothendo wrote:1st club night racing...how many raced in the SS category...1, how many raced SS in aged category..1

hehe

10 points to meeeeeeee

How about 3?
RussS

Postby hotshothendo on Sat 5/Nov/11 2:56pm

already a 30% increase!!!
hotshothendo

Postby RussS on Sat 5/Nov/11 7:08pm

Oh, and one of them you didn't really see .............. mainly because he was coming around to lap you :p

Just kidding - he was about 30 seconds ahead 00:54:13:81 to your 00:55:40:23

Not bad tho - SS 10, 16 & 31 out of 87 riders :thumbsup:
RussS

Postby hotshothendo on Sat 5/Nov/11 9:52pm

at least you get to check the results. when they gonna be up??
hotshothendo

Postby RussS on Sun 6/Nov/11 12:35pm

In time for prize giving?

:D

Finished them last night, but have a few numbers that I don't have a rider to match and also a couple of very inconsistent lap times I need to go over with the crew. What I might do is print them for everyone to look at on Wednesday and upload them that night if we get the odd-ball stuff sorted.
RussS

Postby Mel on Sun 6/Nov/11 2:27pm

Snap, Russ! Check your inbox. :D
Mel
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Clubs | Hamilton MTB Club - Latest Posts