Re: Sifter Goes (bike) Riding

Postby sifter on Wed 18/Nov/09 10:13pm

jo wrote:Hope Kaitlyn is enjoying a good keen man - its a classic. :D

Cheers Jo! She's such a cool kid :love:
sifter
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby dented on Wed 18/Nov/09 10:19pm

sifter wrote: I'm usually a hot guy . . .

:rolleyes:
dented
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby sifter on Thu 19/Nov/09 8:01am

Bump for the morning crew. New Plymouth to National Park with words and pictures... And Garmin animations... =} sifter-goes-bike-riding-t58400-1065.html#p2199351
sifter

Postby Monolith on Thu 19/Nov/09 8:08pm

Good to see you today John! I spotted you in Oriental Bay this evening too :alien:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby nzmatto on Thu 19/Nov/09 8:17pm

Thanks for the read. It was great as always.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 19/Nov/09 9:55pm

Monolith wrote:Good to see you today John! I spotted you in Oriental Bay this evening too :alien:

I think possibly I saw him waiting to cross Taranaki St at the bypass :thumbsup:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby sifter on Fri 20/Nov/09 1:59pm

happybaboon wrote:
Monolith wrote:Good to see you today John! I spotted you in Oriental Bay this evening too :alien:

I think possibly I saw him waiting to cross Taranaki St at the bypass :thumbsup:

Guilty as charged!

Just had an awesome ride with Jay-Z and Simon around the Miramar peninsula. I was on my sparkly new 69er and enjoyed a few sprints in the gravel at the side of the road. It was great to have James along on his road bike to tear Simon's and my legs off... The rear tyre squirmed a bit being set at MTB pressures, but my legs are now rooted! Fantastic! Yay for the reincarnated XTC :)
sifter

Postby sifter on Sun 22/Nov/09 9:26pm

Had a nice, if not chilly day today. Started off my entering the Makara Peak Rally... "Simon and sifter ride to the top and back" for the Creek to Peak Relay in the morning, and yours truly, brought to you by Roadworks in the Tour de Peak. I reckon I'll use the 69er XTC in the morning, and my tried and true Epic in the arvo...

Had a play around on Mt Vic's ridgeline with my family after a good feed at Joe's Garage on Tory Street. We practiced riding up a hill and then down it a few times before hitting the bays. We got turned around at Shelly Bay on account of a car race, and by that stage I was running a bit behind so headed back to Newtown with Carly. After a quick coffee she shot off to work, and I met Simon at Oriental Bay for 8 ascents of Mt Vic.

In order:

1. Grafton Rd
2. Kio Bay zig zag
3. Hay St
4. Upoko Rd from Hataitai Village
5. Majoribanks and MTB tracks
6. Mein St and ridge
7. Maida Vale Rd
8. Palliser Rd

It was pretty hard looking at the GPS unit while climbing, but the steepest gradient I noticed on Hay St and the path from it to Palliser Rd was 33% :crazy:

The XTC is rocking with the Crow on the front and a bit more air in the rear. We finished the last at the summit 2 hours 5 minutes after starting. We were both capable of at least one more, which is a good sign... Feeling rooted after 4 (mind you that did include Hay St on the roadies...) doesn't seem like so long ago :thumbsup:

Looking forward to Taupo next weekend, then the Makara Peak Rally, followed by the Mangaone Walkway loop, and then some MTBO before getting stuck into a big bowl of Christmas trifle...
sifter

Postby sifter on Mon 23/Nov/09 9:05pm

Had a rather odd experience walking down Woodward St at lunch time today.

I was just about to pass a group of men I didn't know, when one of them, looking in the direction I was walking said "SIFTER", upon which another man, walking towards me, smiled and looking across my path towards the guy who'd spoken said "SIFTER". Three sifters in a row... What are the odds of that ever happening to me again?
sifter

Postby Oli on Mon 23/Nov/09 9:17pm

The Earth's mantle will start to move! That sort of alignment isn't supposed to happen until 2012 - my Mayan calendar told me! :o
Oli
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Joel on Mon 23/Nov/09 9:47pm

you should come along and smash up rice mountain classic on the 19th Dec!
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby sifter on Mon 23/Nov/09 10:04pm

Joel wrote:you should come along and smash up rice mountain classic on the 19th Dec!

I'm mildly tempted... :paranoid:
sifter

Postby Oli on Mon 23/Nov/09 10:40pm

Do eeeeeettt... :sly: :thumbsup:
Oli

Postby sifter on Mon 23/Nov/09 10:56pm

:thumbsup:

I've been looking at ways to carry a spare set of clothes on a bike trip... Fun!
sifter

Postby Oli on Mon 23/Nov/09 10:59pm

A bike trip in particular? :rolleyes:
Oli

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Road Cycling | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts