Show Me Your Keewee 4.5

Postby KieranC on Sun 24/May/09 8:17pm

FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE SLACKER FORUM....

Machuca wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:
scatter wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:Not sure, but I reckon Dozens of bikes in the 5 inch version and a similar number of the longer travel versions as well

I wonder where they've all disappeared to.
Gutted that my tard of an ex let the one he had go :(
Spacemonkey has sold his on too :(

Stu Lynch still rides his though :)

They do appear on Tardme occasionally, along with one or two of the proto cromozone's

many of them will be sitting in sheds coming out occasionally for a skid,

I was really surprised when spacemonkey sold his

Mortgages have much to answer for. :(

So although there are so few of these bikes around....here is a spot to show off your very very rare Keewee 4.5 :thumbsup:

This is mine, I picked it up off trademe, did a bit of work on it and now it is the perfect jungle bike. I had the lower rear shock mount modified/lowered to accomodate the longer Van R shock(1'' longer than the standard 6.5'' RS super deluxe shock), this then influenced the rest of the bike's geometry and gave it another 1.5'' of travel ;) and a whopping 390mm of bottombraket height for steaming over fallen trees, big roots, rocks and steps found on most jungle/tramping tracks.
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg
KieranC
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Re: Show Me Your Keewee 4.5

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 24/May/09 8:22pm

Sweet ride, love the Next cranks

it will be good to see if many appear out of the wood work
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 24/May/09 8:23pm

Damn that's awesome
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby KieranC on Sun 24/May/09 8:27pm

You have some on your current slacker build? I might have to find some of those "carbon fiber" frame protectors to replace my missing carbon fiber stickers. Have you still got your stickers on?
KieranC

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 24/May/09 8:32pm

KieranC wrote:You have some on your current slacker build? I might have to find some of those "carbon fiber" frame protectors to replace my missing carbon fiber stickers. Have you still got your stickers on?

nah I've got north-shore's (the same basic shape, but full alloy) I'd love a set of Original Next's , although I don't know what Id run them on
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby KieranC on Sun 24/May/09 8:36pm

pushbikerider wrote:
KieranC wrote:You have some on your current slacker build? I might have to find some of those "carbon fiber" frame protectors to replace my missing carbon fiber stickers. Have you still got your stickers on?

nah I've got north-shore's (the same basic shape, but full alloy) I'd love a set of Original Next's , although I don't know what Id run them on

You will just need to build a new bike, it's the only option when faced with problems like that.
KieranC

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 24/May/09 8:38pm

KieranC wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

You will just need to build a new bike, it's the only option when faced with problems like that.

I know :blush: , thats the problem :blush:
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby Mel on Sun 24/May/09 9:22pm

Ah, Keewee 4.5s. :love: I was the tard who sold my Keewee 4.5 to Scatter's tard of an ex, who then on-sold it. The tard. :lol:

If I ever find my Keewee 4.5 again, I will buy it back.

Here's my Keewee 4.5 in "DH mode" ready to take me to thrid place in the Mount DH (twice), as well as lots of other fun and scary places. I usually had it setup with a triple ring on the front to ride trails.
KEEWEEDH.JPG
Chain guide = DH bike

This was technically my second Keewee 4.5, after I had it rebuilt by Trevor. An unfortunate Keewee vs. tree incident crumpled the front end. I was completely unscathed. :rolleyes:
Keewee2.jpg
Oops!

And here is the bike (and me) in action at the Mount DH. :cool:
melride-big.jpg
Mount Downhill
Mel

Postby KieranC on Sun 24/May/09 9:28pm

How fast were you going Mel? That is some insane crumple-age :crazy:
KieranC

Postby Butch on Sun 24/May/09 9:33pm

There was one living in my garage for a while last year. Belongs to a retrogrouch mate of mine. Good fun to ride, old shock was a bit sproingy though!
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 24/May/09 9:35pm

Butch wrote:There was one living in my garage for a while last year. Belongs to a retrogrouch mate of mine. Good fun to ride, old shock was a bit sproingy though!

That was gazza's old N-zone one wasn't it ?(orange colour)
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby Mel on Sun 24/May/09 9:37pm

KieranC wrote:How fast were you going Mel? That is some insane crumple-age :crazy:

Not all that fast, but it was a direct hit. :blush:
Mel

Postby KieranC on Sun 24/May/09 9:41pm

Mel wrote:
KieranC wrote:How fast were you going Mel? That is some insane crumple-age :crazy:

Not all that fast, but it was a direct hit. :blush:

and a tough tree :)
KieranC

Postby KieranC on Sun 24/May/09 9:47pm

Butch wrote:There was one living in my garage for a while last year. Belongs to a retrogrouch mate of mine. Good fun to ride, old shock was a bit sproingy though!

just a bit

You should be a good mate a computer in front of him/her ;)
KieranC

Postby Spokes on Sun 24/May/09 9:48pm

Mel wrote:Ah, Keewee 4.5s. :love: I was the tard who sold my Keewee 4.5 to Scatter's tard of an ex, who then on-sold it. The tard. :lol:

If I ever find my Keewee 4.5 again, I will buy it back.

Here's my Keewee 4.5 in "DH mode" ready to take me to thrid place in the Mount DH (twice), as well as lots of other fun and scary places. I usually had it setup with a triple ring on the front to ride trails.
KEEWEEDH.JPG

This was technically my second Keewee 4.5, after I had it rebuilt by Trevor. An unfortunate Keewee vs. tree incident crumpled the front end. I was completely unscathed. :rolleyes:
Keewee2.jpg

And here is the bike (and me) in action at the Mount DH. :cool:
melride-big.jpg

Love the old Pins Cycles jersey.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Cycling | Post Your Bike - Latest Posts