Re: Show Us Your Cyclocross Bike.

Postby Danny B on Sun 6/Jul/14 8:53pm

'untapping' - removing the shifter mechanism. Its a pretty niche CX thing, not exactly general knowledge.

Check out the Salsa Fargo for inspiration, sounds like it is exactly what you'd want.
http://salsacycles.com/bikes/2014_fargo_3

that or the Spesh AWOL.
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/awol/awol-comp-

Just think if you're wanting to convert a MTB fram all good, but taking into account the drop bars you'd want a TT that was around 4cm shorter tha you'd normally ride with flat bars and a steerer tube that was a few cm taller too.

Flared dropbars (dirt drops) are wicked too for us MTB types.
Danny B
Member for: 5 years 0 months

Postby yak71 on Sun 6/Jul/14 10:04pm

Rode/suffered on my xxix at the hutt cross race last week. It was a good day to not have a derailleur. Currently it's my 8 speed internal geared, 35mm tyred, ugly taped beastie.

Took my SS giant crx city pro for ride in the country today. It's not quite cross but almost. 35mm tyres, 39x20 with flipped mary bars.
Rode from Tawa to Belmont dress cirlce, onward to boulder hill, down to dry creek, along to moonshine hill road and up over to judgeford, around the northern side of pauatahanui inlet, then back to Tawa.
Stunning day with lots of suffering. :love:
xxix cross.jpg
xxix
Giant SS cross.jpg
CRX City pro in the countryside
yak71
"yeah definitely"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby ChumlyPogward on Sun 6/Jul/14 10:57pm

Danny B wrote:'untapping' - removing the shifter mechanism. Its a pretty niche CX thing, not exactly general knowledge.

Check out the Salsa Fargo for inspiration, sounds like it is exactly what you'd want.
http://salsacycles.com/bikes/2014_fargo_3

that or the Spesh AWOL.
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/awol/awol-comp-

Just think if you're wanting to convert a MTB fram all good, but taking into account the drop bars you'd want a TT that was around 4cm shorter tha you'd normally ride with flat bars and a steerer tube that was a few cm taller too.

Flared dropbars (dirt drops) are wicked too for us MTB types.

Ah no - I have been building frames from scratch, this is 2nd in the queue :) Pretty much the geometry of the disc trucker but with even fatter tubes and clearance for huge tyres.
ChumlyPogward
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Postby Farm on Wed 22/Apr/15 8:54pm

Got some more monster into my cross for this year. 45mm Panaracer Firecross, there might be room for something a little bigger. :cool:
image.jpg
Farm
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby wachtourak on Sat 23/Jul/16 1:29pm

Shit's getting serious.

Nextie carbon tubular rims to Hope Pro 4's with CX-Rays. Challenge Baby Limus Tubs.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Mel on Sat 23/Jul/16 3:52pm

My bike is faster and more badass than me.
image.jpeg
Mel
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby slidecontrol on Sat 23/Jul/16 4:02pm

Mel wrote:My bike is faster and more badass than me.

Is this the one with the cracked fork?
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Mel on Sat 23/Jul/16 4:52pm

Yup, just a crack. ;)
Mel
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 28/May/17 4:06pm

Forgot to take a pic of the new toy before I got it all muddy. First mostly off the shop floor bike I've had in a while (just chucked my flash wheels on it). Rides sick. Too bad the rider is still slow lol

wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby EoinC on Sun 28/May/17 4:19pm

wachtourak wrote:Forgot to take a pic of the new toy before I got it all muddy. First mostly off the shop floor bike I've had in a while (just chucked my flash wheels on it). Rides sick. Too bad the rider is still slow lol

Nice!...and looking the way it's meant to look.
EoinC
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby jo on Sun 28/May/17 8:24pm

wachtourak wrote:Forgot to take a pic of the new toy before I got it all muddy. First mostly off the shop floor bike I've had in a while (just chucked my flash wheels on it). Rides sick. Too bad the rider is still slow lol

I saw one of these just today. Very nice indeed.

I should post a pic of my straggler. But I probably should wait til I get it muddy. :blush:
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Cycling | Cyclocross | New Zealand | Post Your Bike | Regions - Latest Posts