Should a smack as part of good parental correction be a criminal offence in New Zealand?

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total voters : 85

Re: Should A Smack As Part Of Good Parental Correction...

Postby one_uknw on Sat 22/Aug/09 2:33pm

Should eating your dog as part of good pet keeping be a criminal offence
one_uknw
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 22/Aug/09 3:53pm

phunk wrote:Depends if you use force to put them there, or if it is considered using force to keep them in time out.

You got it. Its the degree of "force" being used that is the issue.

Even telling them to go to time out can be used against you.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 22/Aug/09 4:00pm

Spokes wrote:
phunk wrote:Depends if you use force to put them there, or if it is considered using force to keep them in time out.

You got it. Its the degree of "force" being used that is the issue.

Even telling them to go to time out can be used against you.

Um, how?

Talking isn't assault. Assault involves physical force. Although I suppose the force of ones voice causes atoms in the air to vibrate and smack into the entire surface of the yelled-at child.

Also the photons from what you wrote have been hitting me. According to some scienticians photons are a particle, and thus you just assaulted me. I demand you cease to assault me with photons immediately. Unless those scientists are wrong and they're a wave, in whice case please disregard my last. If they're both a particle and a wave then the law is ambiguous and we should get rid of it - referendum time!

You're right, laws are confusing. If only there were some sort of educated expert who's job it was to interpret the laws and to pass judgement on those who have been accused of breaking those laws!!!
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby znomit on Sat 22/Aug/09 4:34pm

happybaboon wrote:Also the photons from what you wrote have been hitting me. According to some scienticians photons are a particle, and thus you just assaulted me.

Actually the words are black, meaning no photons.
Sticks and stones....
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 22/Aug/09 4:47pm

No, slightly grey. LCD screens don't do completely black.
happybaboon

Postby DropKick on Sat 22/Aug/09 4:49pm

happybaboon wrote:You're right, laws are confusing. If only there were some sort of educated expert who's job it was to interpret the laws and to pass judgement on those who have been accused of breaking those laws!!!

Ahh yes, experts to be able to find loopholes in the laws, just ask David Bains family

or that girl with her makatu...

still, they managed to nail Clayton Weatherston (given that he admitted to bludgeoning the shit out of his victim which got them off on the right foot), so 1/3 high profile murder cases actually convicting the bad guy is pretty reasonable ratio

cant find the stuff thread/didnt look, but http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2777969 ... nel-member - why do people even care about what happens to a bunch of schoolboy rugby players, highschool sports dont matter jack shit at the end of the day - just ask Al Bundy :blink:
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 22/Aug/09 4:56pm

Leave David Bain alone dude. He's innocent now, and there's nothing you can do about it. If people keep saying he's guilty I hope he takes some of them to court. That'd be funny.
happybaboon

Postby DropKick on Sat 22/Aug/09 5:03pm

I cant say I'm actually too passionate about the Bain case seeing as I was too young at the time etc, I was just using him as an example of how law isnt always right, even when left for the professionals to interpret (actually its probably less correct when the lawyers use their cleverness to point out its flaws).

The Makatu people should've got nailed though, but I guess thats more of a treaty issue.

My main view is that I think as a country we need to be more selective in who we allow to breed.
DropKick

Postby happybaboon on Sat 22/Aug/09 5:08pm

DropKick wrote:My main view is that I think as a country we need to be more selective in who we allow to breed.

Probably, yeah. If it's OK to sterilise animals to prevent population explosions then why not sterilise some people too... Also I hate how people are gigantic morons who don't give a shit what heterosexual parents do to their kids, but who get all uppity and righteous when the homos (sensible, employed, loving homos who just want to raise a family of a couple of kids) fight for the the right to adopt and raise a children.
happybaboon

Postby DropKick on Sat 22/Aug/09 5:12pm

happybaboon wrote:
DropKick wrote:My main view is that I think as a country we need to be more selective in who we allow to breed.

Probably, yeah. If it's OK to sterilise animals to prevent population explosions then why not sterilise some people too... Also I hate how people are gigantic morons who don't give a shit what heterosexual parents do to their kids, but who get all uppity and righteous when the homos (sensible, employed, loving homos who just want to raise a family of a couple of kids) fight for the the right to adopt and raise a children.

I'm far from PC babs, but referring to them as "The Homo's" probably isnt the best :paranoid:
DropKick

Postby Wobbler on Sat 22/Aug/09 5:14pm

bum bandits?
Wobbler

Postby happybaboon on Sat 22/Aug/09 5:15pm

But I was just using it as a contraction for "homosexuals" :huh:
happybaboon

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 22/Aug/09 5:16pm

chutney punchers?
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Wobbler on Sat 22/Aug/09 5:18pm

shirt lifters?
Wobbler

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 22/Aug/09 5:23pm

batty boys?
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts