Re: Shihad Iconic Tour

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 5/Aug/10 8:24pm

Iseneye wrote:You guys should just wear ear plugs. You can get musician ear plugs which allow for a better frequency range than the orange foam ones. If you have ringing in your ears you've damaged them. I've been to heaps of metal concerts over the years and always wear them.

whut?
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 5/Aug/10 8:25pm

philstar wrote:what time did things kick off in chch and wellington?

Around 10:20 for Shihad
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby snr_merv on Thu 5/Aug/10 8:45pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:
Iseneye wrote:You guys should just wear ear plugs. You can get musician ear plugs which allow for a better frequency range than the orange foam ones. If you have ringing in your ears you've damaged them. I've been to heaps of metal concerts over the years and always wear them.

whut?

OKAY!!!
snr_merv
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Iseneye on Fri 6/Aug/10 8:31am

Astoria Paranoia wrote:

whut?

Just turn your less damaged ear to the screen and you might be able to hear a muffled noise above the ringing in your ear.
Iseneye
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Conners on Tue 10/Aug/10 7:11am

Booya - that was two awesome shows.
Personally I thought the General Electric show was complete win, for me that album is wall to wall awesome. I think I may have stated this previously in the "Perfect ALbums" thread.

So cool to see/hear all of Killjoy live as well though - an awesome contrast between the two albums.

The Heavy Metal Ninjas opened both nights, and were a real treat (seriously). Instrumental metallers, super epic speed metal guitar, little LEDs on guitarists fingers, and possibly the loudest band I've ver heard/felt. Thank god for earplugs, seriously.
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 10/Aug/10 5:17pm

Conners wrote:The Heavy Metal Ninjas opened both nights, and were a real treat (seriously). Instrumental metallers, super epic speed metal guitar, little LEDs on guitarists fingers, and possibly the loudest band I've ver heard/felt. Thank god for earplugs, seriously.

Yup I think my hearing was bunged more from them than the main act.
Not usually my cup of tea but they had some pretty sweet riffs.
Made sense when I read that 3 of them are from Kora.

:music:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Conners on Tue 10/Aug/10 8:39pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:Made sense when I read that 3 of them are from Kora.

:music:

Picked it like a dirty nose. I said to wifey during the break that they were "Kora-ish in a weird way". Damn I'm good :lol:
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Nick_K on Tue 10/Aug/10 8:40pm

Stink that I missed it. Would love to have heard killjoy live.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 10/Aug/10 9:22pm

They're announcing summer tour dates soon too :thumbsup:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby philstar on Wed 11/Aug/10 12:53pm

Conners wrote:The Heavy Metal Ninjas opened both nights, and were a real treat (seriously). Instrumental metallers, super epic speed metal guitar, little LEDs on guitarists fingers, and possibly the loudest band I've ver heard/felt. Thank god for earplugs, seriously.

they were a little too Steve Vai for my liking, but still very impresive :)

I hope shihad do a Churn tour sometime soon :)
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Auckland | Auckland Region | Canterbury | Christchurch | Lower North Island | Middle South Island | Music | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Upper North Island | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts