My Shameless Orgy Has Left Me Spent

Postby Tama on Wed 18/Aug/04 8:25pm

I spent most of today in a depraved orgy, I was sticking my bits into anything I could get my hands on. It was such hard work my tool got all slippery, which made reaming a bit tricky at times.

Yes - each of my stable of three bikes (Singlespeed, Blizzard, Keewee) have received significant upgrades today. In fact each of them is now sporting new forks... and the rest.

A big "Thank You" to Burkes Cycles for letting me pawn my soul for piles of shiny bike bling, and allowing me to camp in their workshop and relive the nostalgia of my bike mechanic days.

I will post up photos when all three projects are finished. Meanwhile can you all mail me your table scraps as I don't think I can afford to eat.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Percy Pig on Wed 18/Aug/04 8:32pm

Pertasmatic! :thumbsup:

Some Apple strudel is on its way,keep it for desert though,wouldnt want to spoil your appetite by having desert first! :D

Although it sounds like you've already had the sweetstuff! :p
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby AarowNZ on Wed 18/Aug/04 8:33pm

Nice, upgrades are always good! :)
AarowNZ
"What?"
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby thecharmed01 on Wed 18/Aug/04 8:58pm

ooooo bike bling for the president :D:D:D

congrats Tama :thumbsup:

Cant wait to see the pics :p
thecharmed01
"Slave to Rogue"
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby Spacemonkey on Wed 18/Aug/04 9:25pm

Mav's all round is it tama?
Spacemonkey

Postby Vinnie on Wed 18/Aug/04 9:26pm

This thread is worthless without pictures!!

Sounds all good to me, new bike bits really get me going :paranoid:

Speaking of which there is a certain GT XC bike in need of some 'newer' parts... any chance of getting a taste of any parts that you have left over that you wish to get rid of...
Vinnie

Postby ryguy on Wed 18/Aug/04 9:32pm

Man I wish I had a wallet thick enough to blaze into burkes and spend up large................mmmmmmmmmmmm salivating at the thought of unnecessary but oh so desirable bling.
ryguy
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby wachtourak on Wed 18/Aug/04 11:03pm

Judging by the other thread, you have some very nice bling. Can't wait to see what your 'Toze looks like especially.

Are your new forks on that gonna be lighter than your old ones?
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby gazzbikes on Thu 19/Aug/04 12:29am

Relax T, I know from personal experience that you can live on a lot less food than you really want to. Besides, if you ride with enough other people someone will eventually take pity and let you lick their empty gel wrappers.
gazzbikes
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby dromond on Thu 19/Aug/04 6:09am

New forks for all three bikes? Holy crap! Which organs did you have to sell? I seem to remember you getting a new fork within the last year, too.....? Tama's gone mad!
dromond
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby spg on Thu 19/Aug/04 6:18am

I am sending you a Souvlaki from a great wee shop just down the road. It should take about 6 weeks through surface mail though, can you find enough crumbs behind the couch until then?

:thumbsup: tell all..... what have you added?
spg
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 19/Aug/04 6:50am

C,mon share... I can bling vicariously through you, and ride, and drink decent coffee, and, and, ... generally be in Welli.... I Miss Welli, wet and windy as she is!!! (sobbs quietly to self)
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Tama on Thu 19/Aug/04 6:53am

ryguy wrote:Man I wish I had a wallet thick enough to blaze into burkes and spend up large................mmmmmmmmmmmm salivating at the thought of unnecessary but oh so desirable bling.

So do I :paranoid:

The reason for no photos is that the Blizzard currently has no tyres, which makes it look naked (or like a road bike) and the Keewee is off with Dom getting some whizzy engineering done on it so the geometry is "just-so" - not in anyway that alters the frame or fork though. Basically putting an extension into the bottom of the headtube to rake the front wheel out

And yes, the Keewee will have Mavericks - which are so light and beautiful it makes me want to cry (or cringe when we had to hit them with a hammer.) The Mavericks with the front wheel weigh 200gm more than my Sherman Flicks without the front wheel...

Mmm... 6" of triple clamp plushness with 24mm axle... mmm....

Mmm... Canadian steel with all the bling... light yet strong... mmm...

Mmm... Singlespeed with Shermans... super slack head angle for downhills mmm...

Mmm... Destitute... eeeehhh...

Oh well, had to be done.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Scotty on Thu 19/Aug/04 7:06am

Oh it's all good! :)

I'm gonna have a new rig for my Welly trip in September too. Nothing like new toys :)
Scotty
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 19/Aug/04 7:15am

I'd go mavericks too except it would mean not paying the mortgage and the Girlfriend is very particular about that sort of stuff. who needs a house if you have a nice bike? Let us know how they ride...
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Cycling | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts