Session Northland Website And Club Launched

Postby Tama on Tue 6/Dec/05 8:43am

Coming out of the Far North "Session Northland" is involved in the rapid development of freeriding and downhilling in Whangarei and the surrounding areas. We've recently given them a corner of the Vorb server to call their own.

Check out their website on: http://whangarei.mtbclub.org.nz

Though Whangarei has always had an XC mountainbiking community, the DH and freeride scene is much newer, only really having taken off in the past couple of years. We now have some dedicated trails, and the future looks promising for extending the trail network.

Make sure you join the Whangarei Trailriders group for more info.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby phunk on Tue 6/Dec/05 8:58am

Link no work.
phunk
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Tama on Tue 6/Dec/05 9:12am

phunk wrote:Link no work.
Possibly because I'm a dumbarse who can't multi-task.

Link works now - http://whangarei.mtbclub.org.nz/
Tama

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 6/Dec/05 9:57am

Cheers to Tama for the server space. Things are really going to happen over this summer up in Whangarei. I'm heading up on Thursday. See you guys out on the trails! :thumbsup:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 6/Dec/05 11:08am

Further to the above, I'd like to announce a new club dedicated to freeride and downhill biking in Northland. Some of the guys have been thinking for a while that it would be good to have a club dedicated to downhill and freeride mountain biking in Whangarei, so we have decided to form one. We hope the club will allow us to have a stronger voice in the local community so that we can progress our style of riding, including getting access to more areas to ride, and improving on the spots that we do have. There is of course an existing mountain biking club in the area, and we would like to make it clear that we envisage ours as a complement to the existing mountain biking community, rather than as competition. Freeriders and downhillers know best what trails and jumps they like to ride, and we hope the club will help with advocacy for our growing movement. Check the website for more details on how you can join the club, and what you stand to gain out of it.
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby happybaboon on Tue 6/Dec/05 11:45am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Further to the above, I'd like to announce a new club dedicated to freeride and downhill biking in Northland. Some of the guys have been thinking for a while that it would be good to have a club dedicated to downhill and freeride mountain biking in Whangarei, so we have decided to form one. We hope the club will allow us to have a stronger voice in the local community so that we can progress our style of riding, including getting access to more areas to ride, and improving on the spots that we do have. There is of course an existing mountain biking club in the area, and we would like to make it clear that we envisage ours as a complement to the existing mountain biking community, rather than as competition. Freeriders and downhillers know best what trails and jumps they like to ride, and we hope the club will help with advocacy for our growing movement. Check the website for more details on how you can join the club, and what you stand to gain out of it.

Nice! :) :thumbsup:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby onerahi on Tue 6/Dec/05 3:58pm

good stuff Edogg
thanx for the help tama....
onerahi
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Tama on Tue 6/Dec/05 4:00pm

onerahi wrote:good stuff Edogg
thanx for the help tama....
No worries :thumbsup:

It's always good to be able to support grassroots stuff.

I might as well mention here that Vorb has server space for Mountain Bike Clubs in New Zealand. You don't even need a domain name.

Drop me a line if you're interested - http://www.vorb.org.nz/about-contact-tama.html
Tama

Postby headlesschicken on Tue 6/Dec/05 4:29pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Further to the above, I'd like to announce a new club dedicated to freeride and downhill biking in Northland. Some of the guys have been thinking for a while that it would be good to have a club dedicated to downhill and freeride mountain biking in Whangarei, so we have decided to form one. We hope the club will allow us to have a stronger voice in the local community so that we can progress our style of riding, including getting access to more areas to ride, and improving on the spots that we do have. There is of course an existing mountain biking club in the area, and we would like to make it clear that we envisage ours as a complement to the existing mountain biking community, rather than as competition. Freeriders and downhillers know best what trails and jumps they like to ride, and we hope the club will help with advocacy for our growing movement. Check the website for more details on how you can join the club, and what you stand to gain out of it.

:lol:
E Dogg - writing sensibly, like a speech, and he's going to be 'helping' the children im sure :lol: :0

other than that, good stuff vorb! :thumbsup: :)
headlesschicken
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 6/Dec/05 5:12pm

headlesschicken wrote::lol:
E Dogg - writing sensibly, like a speech, and he's going to be 'helping' the children im sure :lol: :0

I'll have you know that I'm a serious and upstanding member* of the community. :blink:

*Hur hur.
E Dogg Capizzle

Re: Session Northland Website And Club Launched

Postby tripler on Sat 10/Jan/09 10:06am

chur chur,the more clubs/groups we get the better I say,although I don't have much free time to ride other than commuting its good to know that there is clubs to join for diffent styles of rideing and the more clubs/groups there are the better to promote riding,maybe get the clubs to ride in the christmas parade at the end of the year wearing club t-shirts,I want my kids to ride my lowriders in the parade,why not invite the roadies (my bad)clubs too for 2009,theres a lot of us that ride allsorts,I my self can choose between SS,geared road,rigid mtb or xc fully and I love em all and promote them all,just putting it out there :p
tripler
"I AM pushing but it won't go in,pass the grease"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby tripler on Sat 10/Jan/09 10:08am

three years to reply,vorb book of records? :D
tripler
"I AM pushing but it won't go in,pass the grease"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 10/Jan/09 11:10am

Funny you mentiopn the parade thing there tripler i was watching Far North TV over Xmas and thinking the exact same thing, was even thinking about getting in touch with the TV group and organising an interveiw or something to promote the clubs etc etc
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Cycling | New Zealand | News | Northland | Regions | Upper North Island - Latest Posts