G T Sensor 2

Postby PHILH on Tue 20/Sep/11 9:04pm

Hi anyone have any feedback on this bike. Thinking about buying, any thoughts would be appreciated.
PHILH
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Re: G T Sensor 2

Postby PHILH on Wed 21/Sep/11 7:45pm

Bit worried about climing ability with 20 sp as compared with 27 sp of my merida 120 400d same 120mm travel, most biking temiro and redwoods
PHILH
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby Owen on Wed 21/Sep/11 7:54pm

PHILH wrote:Bit worried about climing ability with 20 sp as compared with 27 sp of my merida 120 400d same 120mm travel, most biking temiro and redwoods

The largest cog on the 10 speed rear cassette is a few teeth bigger than on 9 speed, offsetting the effect of a taller gear. Very tiny difference, I wouldn't let it put you off buying a new bike.
Last edited by Owen on Wed 21/Sep/11 8:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby wachtourak on Wed 21/Sep/11 7:56pm

I just went to 2 x 10 and climbing is just as easy. All the climbs are way easy at redwoods anyway except direct rd and frontal lobotomy but I managed both of those with a taller geard 2x10 setup than I have now on my current bike (was on a borrowed bike last time I rode there) and I'm a pie eating fatty

More off the shelf bikes should come with 2 x 10, 3 x 10 is just dumb imo
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby sjb on Wed 21/Sep/11 9:37pm

I have 2x10 on my newish GT sensor 29. Spend most of the time in the small front chain ring - use the large mostly on road and 4wd tracks. Climbing is just as good as 3x9 on my old 26" hardtail, bit harder to compare cause of weight difference between bikes but i find myself worrying less about the front gears and just concentrating on the rear.

if the 26 sensor is anything like the 29 then its a great bike.
sjb
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Auckland MTB Club | Clubs - Latest Posts