Saturday Ride

Postby skidston on Thu 3/May/07 11:07pm

this saturday, May 5th, meet at Makara carpark at 1 pm. I'll be doing a fair bit of sifting/mincing, so come hang out for that if it suits you.

reply if you're keen, otherwise i probably won't be there.....
skidston
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby X-zero on Thu 3/May/07 11:27pm

i am free,depend the weather
X-zero
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby skidston on Sat 5/May/07 6:42pm

Hey connor, how was deliverance, much walking?
skidston

Postby cpower on Sun 13/May/07 10:32pm

Bonked pretty seiously going up the hill... Barely made it back down the track in a massive hazy daze! Got a powerade at the dairy and was back on the ball within 15mins but then deliverance was all the way back up the hill.... :p
cpower
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby skidston on Mon 14/May/07 12:01pm

Ha, fair enough!

we'll have to go for a nice mellow cruise down there when i'm back on the bike....
skidston

Postby skidston on Tue 15/May/07 2:49pm

One: Meet at Brooklyn shops at midday, ride up to the turbine, mess around on carparts/rollercoaster/backdoor for a while, then head back to town and mess around on mt vic/karitane for a while.

Two: head to Pete and Nigel's (185 The Terrace), drink a few beers, have something to eat (did someone say BBQ?).

Three: Head into town, drink a few more beers, get over excited when the FA Cup final starts and Chelsea kick Man United's arse....

This ride is truely for everyone (on a mountain bike), as carparts and the fenceline are very beginner friendly, but there are also jumps to session and a more challenging way down for the more advanced among you.

My joining the ride is based on the stitches in my knee having got significantly better by then, but with all this positive thinking i've been trying lately, they're bound to be barely noticable...
skidston

Postby cmdr_keen on Tue 15/May/07 10:28pm

ill be playing football when youre riding, and im busy that night but ill be keen for pre-town drinks. What time you think youll be done riding?
cmdr_keen
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby skidston on Wed 16/May/07 8:28am

Yeah come round to 185 the terrace for pre town drinks for sure.

Should be done riding by 5. Will either go straight to pete and nigel's or nip home, either way will be there by 6.30....
skidston

Postby cmdr_keen on Fri 18/May/07 9:41pm

went to makara and karori bmx, was good, new skills area looks good, i finally cleared all the rhythm jumps perfectly after the kicker, more work to come that looks promising too :thumps up:
joe u mentioned maybe being up mt vic tomorrow, gimme a txt if youre riding in town and ill come up, i finish soccer etc at about 3
cmdr_keen

Postby cmdr_keen on Fri 18/May/07 9:45pm

and i still need to sign myself up to the club and give u my money :D , hows the shed negotiation going?
cmdr_keen

Clubs | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Victoria University MTB Club | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts