Re: Same Old Aussies...

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 16/Mar/10 9:21pm

Agreed. Although it didn't affect the outcome in terms of pure score, it was the definite turning point in the game.

And don't get me started on the ref for the Warriors v Titans game.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Oli on Tue 16/Mar/10 9:41pm

dented wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
dented wrote:Aussies are cheats in general though. Its not their fault, its to do with how they are raised and educated.

I also believe it comes from their inferior racial character, being descended from criminals and such.

Interesting, I hadnt factored that in. But it makes perfect sense.
Plus they smell funny. :hmmm:
Oli
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 16/Mar/10 11:16pm

Ok, so Aussie teams have a bit of a history of cheating... But I reckon it's only about 1 in 10 Aussie sportsmen that's a total cheat. When Greg and Trevor Chappell cheated there were nine other Aussies in that team who didn't cheat at all. Same goes for the soccer dude - only one of them punched the ball into the net, while ten others were completely innocent.

Most Aussies deserve a bit of a break as they're usually good sports. The scorn should be reserved for the cheaters on an individual basis.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Wed 17/Mar/10 12:02am

CrustyMTB wrote:
fatwombat wrote:I don't get this "aussie team - kiwi team" thing in regard to A-League
You don't but the refs do, marked bias (even factoring out my own marked bias) In saying that the bloke who reffed the Jets match was bloody good.

According to my nephew in law (Queenslander) they hate the NSW and Vic teams more than the 'Nix. But Queenslanders are a funny bunch.

Hur hur. Queenslanders remind me of 1982. You know, that time of punk wearing off before electro pop really kicked off. Flannel hats. Stubbies ( the shorts). Total disregard for teh melanoma. Esky's. Coconut oil. Bad hair. Masses working for teh gummint building / leaning on stuff. Horribly built over-sized engined boat anchors everywhere. Every bugger is lazy and drifts about.Pubs are chocka during the day. Oblivous of the shit-storm about to hit. Ahhh, I miss 1982.
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby fatwombat on Wed 17/Mar/10 2:30am

Kazmeistyr wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote:According to my nephew in law (Queenslander) they hate the NSW and Vic teams more than the 'Nix. But Queenslanders are a funny bunch.

Hur hur. Queenslanders remind me of 1982. You know, ... Flannel hats. Stubbies ( the shorts). Total disregard for melanoma. Esky's. Coconut oil. Bad hair. Masses working for teh gummint building / leaning on stuff.... Every bugger is lazy and drifts about.Pubs are chocka during the day. .

Are you sure you're thinking of Queensland? Sounds like you're describing the Beige brigade - NZ cricket supporters! :lol:

Crusty's nephew has it right though, the banana benders haven't really come to terms with federation at all (a bit like all the retards from Alabama still flying confederate flags). Their main concern is that North Queenslanders don't accept that they're part of the same state as all the "soft poofters" down on the NSW border!

Of course kiwis don't have these parochial behaviours at all, that's why you never see Vorbists bagging each other about whether they come from Christchurch or Wellington or Auckland. :D
fatwombat
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Australia | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Mountain Biking | Regions | Road Cycling | Sifting - Latest Posts