Re: Sam Gaze... Animal

Postby Claude on Thu 12th Apr 8:54pm

The photo says it all.
Great race, Gaze is obviously one very motivated and talented rider, but sorry to say he's coming across as a right tool!
Did Anton really attack hard when Gaze was in the pits? Hard to say, TVNZ coverage again at it's (not) best, but there was the Sth African to deal with. If it was 15 seconds Gaze lost, he made it up in very quick time, so the pace might not have been on as hard as he suggests?
The passing - no problem, the outside lane was open for Gaze but he took the inside route, hardly a touch?
Throwing the flag at Coops afterwards, not even acknowledging Coopers efforts etc in the first speech afterwards, and now we see the Bird photo too. Big head?
My few cents worth anyway. Good to see Gold & Silver anyway, and great effort by Oliver for 4th too!

Bring on the roadies!
Claude
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Conners on Thu 12th Apr 9:10pm

Totally agree - leaves a sour taste (totally unnecessarily) after what was a great result.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Claude on Thu 12th Apr 9:29pm

To his credit, I see he's now issued a public apology, and has also apologised in person to Cooper.
Claude
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby UK_Exile on Fri 13th Apr 8:05am

Best rider on the day but worst sportsman.

Wonder if he's got any aussie blood? For once I'd be completely ok if aussie claim a kiwi as theirs :p
Last edited by UK_Exile on Fri 13th Apr 10:26am, edited 1 time in total.
UK_Exile
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Rik on Fri 13th Apr 10:00am

Is it just me, but every time I look at him I think of Lurch.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby scatter on Fri 13th Apr 10:10am

I'm irrationally angry at his behaviour :huh:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby jo on Fri 13th Apr 10:36am

Trying not to be a NZer cutting down the 'tall poppy'...

As a physical performance he showed himself to be the stronger rider.
But yes - overly emotional/volatile. Word is he had his own money riding on a gold.
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby mfw on Fri 13th Apr 12:02pm

What annoyed me was the 'I'm was conserving energy (saving myself for the road race) statement', doesn't come across well.
I LOL'd when Cooper then said actually I was was sick - not sure whether that was as a response!
mfw
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby UK_Exile on Fri 13th Apr 12:44pm

Hopefully Gaze learns from it and continues to produce good performances. Would be a shame if the pressure pushes him from the sport or to do something stupid. Can be pretty sure the personal statement was prepared by management or at least edited by management so there will be support put around him until latest brain fart dies down.
UK_Exile
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Mountain Biking | News - Latest Posts