Safer Roads In Town

Postby tripler on Mon 5/Oct/09 11:22pm

O.k guys before you shun me for saying "roads" in a mtb forum hear me out,recently went to a public meeting hosted by paul from C.A.N (cycle advocasy network) on how we can try and make our city safe for cyclists,meeting went this way and that way but everyone got an idea of what should be done,starting with a walk/cycleway along raumanga stream into town and the idea of signs and markings,driver aducation etc...Paul is in process of incorparation of Bike Whangarei to which will advocate safety and other things in whanga's,17 oct is a working bee to clean up raumanga stream embankments to start process of pathway (will update where exactly)you guys proberbly ride mostly offroad and may not ride much in town but we are all cyclists and support cycling culture(I dont get to ride parahaki much or help out there due to work and family but every chance I get I promote parahaki and the hard work that all of you put into it,as im in retail I get a fair share of tourists that bike so I point them to hill)personaly I want it safe for my kids in the future to ride in town safely.
I would raeally like younger peoples ideas(positive please) on what can be done,I would class myself as an urban jungle commuter(ss road and ss mtb riden)partime xc/bmxer,anyone keen to check out or be updated please pm me email addresses,cheers for your time guys :)
tripler
"I AM pushing but it won't go in,pass the grease"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Clubs | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts