S92 Law - It's Here.... This Cartoon Sums It Up Quite Nicely

Postby Dilated on Sun 22/Feb/09 7:31pm

(from http://creativefreedom.org.nz/s92-comic.html )

As the natural world meets the digital opportunities are opening up for artists to connect with new audiences across the world. However, with the digitisation of media the lines between use and copy have become blurred. Laws regulating the act of copying have failed to keep pace with technology and soon ISPs will be forced to take down internet connections and websites of anyone accused (not convicted) of copyright infringement. Copyright law is now having the effect of limiting artists, restricting businesses, and harming public rights. The Creative Freedom Foundation speaks for artists concerned at this trend and through Our Goals we seek to bring Copyright Law into the 21st Century.

Section 92 - It's about to become law :( bend over, grit your teeth, and thank your politicians for their insightful decision (both labour and national). Awesome.
Dilated
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: S92 Law - It's Here.... This Cartoon Sums It Up Quite Nicely

Postby DH-Rider on Sun 22/Feb/09 9:43pm

That cartoon is prolly the best satire i have ever seen.
DH-Rider
"Saving my cash money to buy nice things."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby RussS on Sun 22/Feb/09 10:08pm

Quite frankly, that legislation is one of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen. It is about the same kind of quality as ........

California ...
Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

Arkansas ...
It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday.

Nyala Nevada ...
A man is forbidden from buying drinks for more than three people other than himself at any one period during the day.

Germany ...
A pillow can be considered a “passive” weapon.

Thailand ...
It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.

England ...
No cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Commissioner of Police.
RussS
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby DH-Rider on Sun 22/Feb/09 10:18pm

Pretty sure its illegal to walk down the street backwards in new york eating a bag of peanuts... Tbh i reckon if the government made more laws like that and less laws like s92 then nz would be a better country.
DH-Rider
"Saving my cash money to buy nice things."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby campervangogh on Sun 22/Feb/09 10:37pm

DH-Rider wrote: Tbh i reckon if the government were publicly flogged for stupidity, then nz would be a better country.

fixed
campervangogh
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Dilated on Sun 22/Feb/09 11:00pm

i reckon if the government were publicly flogged for stupidity, then nz would be a better country.

Spot on! Clearly what's needed is some tough love.

It's for their own good. They're happy to make all-knowing wise decisions on our behalf, which effect many aspects of our lives, so it's time we did something for them. For their own good, naturally. Bring on the "Democratic Peoples Public Politician Floggings of Justice", twice weekly. :thumbsup:

You've got my vote.
Dilated

Postby Dilated on Sun 22/Feb/09 11:06pm

In time honored internet fashion, I think perhaps my feelings towards the worthless political minds that came up with, supported, and ultimately passed, this s92 law, can be best summed up by the following animated gif....

(The politicians are hereby represented by this seemingly harmless little old lady)

Dilated

Postby Fraser on Mon 23/Feb/09 6:07am

So all you need is someone being tazered while downloading an album from the internet. That il learn em.

But this illustrates what people use the internet for...
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 1227974645
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Tama on Tue 24/Mar/09 3:07pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/22872 ... s-a-relief wrote:A cabinet decision to scrap and rewrite a controversial change to copyright law that would have obliged internet providers to cut off customers who infringed copyright has been welcomed by the recording industry and internet providers.

Section 92a, which was due to come into effect on Friday, would have obliged internet providers (ISPs) to terminate the accounts of repeat copyright infringers "in reasonable circumstances".

Commerce Minister Simon Power said the clause would be amended.

"This legislation was put in place to combat unlawful file-sharing which facilitates copyright infringement on a large scale. While the Government remains intent on tackling this problem, the legislation itself needs to be re- examined and reworked."

:thumbsup:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 24/Mar/09 3:32pm

all you stealers of other peoples labours should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm coming round your house and stealing your TV how do you like that?

the only people who support the renunciation of s92 are theives and pirates. Shame on you all.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby ants06 on Tue 24/Mar/09 3:33pm

Yea i LOL when i read that , not like it wasn't obvious that it was going to fail in epic proportions ! it was doomed from the start , badly written and service providers were unlikely to cut there own throats . :thumbsup:
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby ants06 on Tue 24/Mar/09 3:35pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:all you stealers of other peoples labours should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm coming round your house and stealing your TV how do you like that?

the only people who support the renunciation of s92 are theives and pirates. Shame on you all.

Bite me ! the only reason i use p2p is that i cant get the tv programs i like in nz ( or the well behind the times )
Music is easyier to buy
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Postby danose on Tue 24/Mar/09 3:39pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:the only people who support the renunciation of s92 are theives and pirates. Shame on you all.

yes, we've all been naughty, very very very naughty

now when does the spanking start?
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 24/Mar/09 3:40pm

ants06 wrote:
Henry Dorset Case wrote:all you stealers of other peoples labours should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm coming round your house and stealing your TV how do you like that?

Bite me ! the only reason i use p2p is that i cant get the tv programs i like in nz ( or the well behind the times )
Music is easyier to buy

tsk tsk. what about the key grip or best boy electric on that show you've downloaded? How will they eat? What about their kids? And pets? Wont you think of the children? and teh kittehz?
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby ants06 on Tue 24/Mar/09 3:43pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:
ants06 wrote:

Music is easyier to buy

tsk tsk. what about the key grip or best boy electric on that show you've downloaded? How will they eat? What about their kids? And pets? Wont you think of the children? and teh kittehz?

I don't watch them for the music - there for i never would have listened to the band , if i do like the background music ill go buy the album.
Hence those bands GAIN form me using p2p :p
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Local Politics | National Politics | Politics | Sifting | Technology - Latest Posts