Re: S92 Law - It's Here.... This Cartoon Sums It Up Quite Nicely

Postby ants06 on Tue 24/Mar/09 8:16pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
nzmatto wrote:TelstraClear simply decided to stand up and say that becoming part of this was not their bag baby!

TelstraClear sucks old man cock.

LOL thats a good one - there primo and fast in the country , ive never been offline since joining them
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby nzmatto on Tue 24/Mar/09 8:23pm

ants06 wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
nzmatto wrote:TelstraClear simply decided to stand up and say that becoming part of this was not their bag baby!

TelstraClear sucks old man cock.

LOL thats a good one - there primo and fast in the country , ive never been offline since joining them

Everyone's welcome to their own opinion E Dogg. For some reason I choose not to agree with your's. If you have some beef that still needs settling with the company then PM me with your details and I will email you my work email address. I will gladly send any queries to the right people and ensure they are followed up.
If you're just looking for a fight cause you work for Telecom, or Vodafone then you suck!!! ;)
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 24/Mar/09 8:32pm

Anyone here work for orcon?
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Chickenman on Wed 25/Mar/09 8:29am

nzmatto wrote:
Chickenman wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:So you support IP theft? :eh:

Yet again, the parasite wins.

And from this I assume that you support the local community constable being judge, jury, and executioner :eh:

NO, I dont support IP theft. And it wouldn't be the local community constable being judge, jury and executioner.....it would be the local telephone sales person!!! This is where the whole flaw was. TelstraClear simply decided to stand up and say that becoming part of this was not their bag baby!

I understand it will be the TELCO pushing the disconnect button. My analogy could have been worded better, sorry. So I'll try again.

Down at your local mall a teenager is walking with his hoody on. The malls securtity guard sees him and throws him in jail for theft of a hoody, because the clothing shop in the mall had a hoody get stolen. There was no trial process, just a hunch and a directive from the government. That is the same as the S92 in my eyes.

Please correct me if I have misinterpreted it any where.
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby thorg on Wed 25/Mar/09 8:49am

I thought the law only required telcos to have a process to deal with REPEAT offenders that included being cut off. If you can demonstrate where in the legislation (thats in the actual legislation, not the media) it says that you can/must be cut off with nothing more than accusation - then please post it here.
Otherwise, STOP SIDING WITH PARASITES!
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 25/Mar/09 9:23am

BrokenKonaRider wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
Bad analogy. The internet is only a service. Service providers already disconnect customers who abuse the service (e.g. by not paying for it). This whole issue was made out to be one of human rights, which it isn't. It's basically the agenda of some people to undermine copyright, and the bulk of people who blackened their avatars are following along because that agenda provides a convenient excuse for their acts of theft.

Like scoop.co.nz? or kiwiblog? They had blackouts too. Maybe there is more to the issue than you breathlessly rant about?

oarsome!
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby ants06 on Wed 25/Mar/09 9:45am

Any one who says they have never watched something illegally DL'ed or have never DL'ed something and owns a computer is a lair , S*** even youtube has crap on there that has been put up without the owner consent so any one whos watched you tube can STFU . :o
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 25/Mar/09 9:51am

ants06 wrote:Any one who says they have never watched something illegally DL'ed or have never DL'ed something and owns a computer is a lair , S*** even youtube has crap on there that has been put up without the owner consent so any one whos watched you tube can STFU . :o

Given your self confessed theiving nature, I dont think you have the moral authority to be making pronouncements like that.

As Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Henry Dorset Case

Postby Chickenman on Wed 25/Mar/09 9:53am

Henry Dorset Case wrote:
ants06 wrote:Any one who says they have never watched something illegally DL'ed or have never DL'ed something and owns a computer is a lair , S*** even youtube has crap on there that has been put up without the owner consent so any one whos watched you tube can STFU . :o

Given your self confessed theiving nature, I dont think you have the moral authority to be making pronouncements like that.

As Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Do you have permission to use that IP?
Chickenman

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 25/Mar/09 9:55am

Certainly. Its public domain.

HTH :)
Henry Dorset Case

Postby ants06 on Wed 25/Mar/09 10:04am

LOL , you should stop throwing stones then . As i said you have a computer . At least i can justify what i do DL
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Postby Chickenman on Wed 25/Mar/09 10:07am

Fair call then.

BTW have any of the 'anti IP theft' posters ever recorded a show off TV to watch at a more convenient time? I'm just curious, because that is also theft. Untraceable, but theft none the less. The use of a data recording device (VCR, DVD R, HDD) gives the abilty but no the right to record from TV. Have any of you also gone to a cafe and liked the music that's been playing? I bet the cafe isn't licensed to play the music in a public place.

Yes IP theft sucks, but it's every where. As Jesus and about 2000 (according to the literature) years later HDC said; "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Chickenman

Postby ants06 on Wed 25/Mar/09 10:11am

Actually that's a better way to say it chicken , Also i bet alot of people have saved an image off the net and use it a "desktop back ground" how many got the permission off the person who make that image?

Im not saying that a s92 law is a bad idea , IF it written correctly which this wasnt
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Postby Tama on Wed 25/Mar/09 10:21am

thorg wrote:I thought the law only required telcos to have a process to deal with REPEAT offenders that included being cut off. If you can demonstrate where in the legislation (thats in the actual legislation, not the media) it says that you can/must be cut off with nothing more than accusation - then please post it here.
Otherwise, STOP SIDING WITH PARASITES!

I assure you that every day while surfing the internet under normal circumstances you are technically breaching copyright repeatedly. In fact - if you visit this page you'll repeatedly breach copyright. Congratulations!

I'm not siding with IP theft...
Earlier in this thead wrote:I think it's a badly thought out/ worded law written with little understanding of the online world which could play into the hands of people/ organisations with chip on their shoulders and/or slim grasps on perspective.

Remember this?
http://www.betanews.com/article/RIAA_Su ... 1063159635 wrote:The Recording Industry Association of America stepped up its battle against file swappers this week, filing lawsuits against 261 individuals for "egregious" copyright infringement.

Defendants were selected based on the number of files shared, but many were not aware their computers were distributing music in the background, including 12-year-old Brianna Lahara from New York.

Durwood Pickle, a 71-year-old grandfather from Richardson, Texas, is also facing the wrath of the recording industry after his teenage sons downloaded music to his PC while visiting.

Because of the methods utilized by the RIAA to locate file swappers, those contacted were not necessarily the individuals actually downloading music, simply the persons who paid for the Internet access.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby ants06 on Wed 25/Mar/09 10:41am

Exactly Tama , if they want to combat this start by tracking down " ravor1911 " or "aXXo" or "eztv"
then you might start making a difference , how ever there cunning and are unlikely to get snapped
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Local Politics | National Politics | Politics | Sifting | Technology - Latest Posts