Rwc

Postby CrustyMTB on Tue 23/Aug/11 10:21pm

It had to be done;

Now I know that the h8ters will whine "why didn't they spend the money on MY minority sport!" But suck it up Princesses, it's almost upon us and I am going to enjoy it. I have tickets to Wales v South Africa (Go Wales!!) and Scotland v Argentina (Go Argentina!!!). I wasn't keen to spend the $$ on the AB's matches and I can support from the couch.

My thoughts are:
- the convicts might make it, but will probably implode due to boffheaded egos getting ahead of themselves and blowing it (you know who I'm talking about) they have no depth and a single injury in any one of 7 or 8 positions will be a big issue;
- the Poms are not their 2003 vintage and have no game breakers, their 10 man style might make the final but it won't win it;
- the Saffa's might win it but they need to remember how to score tries;
- the Frogs could be anything on any day but will play their best match against the AB's, it's what they do;
- the Micks, Taffies and Scots have no chance;
- fiji and Samoa might make the quarters, but will go no further; and
- A certain other team who will remain nameless should dominate, but we've been here before and bear the emotional scars, I will say no more, but there is hope in my heart and a song in my head!
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Rwc

Postby znomit on Tue 23/Aug/11 10:27pm

I'm still trying to understand why New Zealand hasn't entered a team. :blink: :ib:
znomit
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby dented on Wed 24/Aug/11 6:55am

Go-go the All Blacks!
dented
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Wed 24/Aug/11 8:16am

I support NZ in all sports, from Cycling to Tiddlywinks. GO the ALL BLACKS.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 24/Aug/11 9:47am

The bokkies will tip us up. PDV is a mad bastard and seems to know what makes us tick. They'll expose the relative inexperience of a Guildford/SBW combo.

I'm still fucking AMAZED they left Hosea Gear out. :blink:
Scotty
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby Joel on Wed 24/Aug/11 9:52am

I am on a road trip mid september to games in the Tron and Napier.. :D

i reckon they picked quite a balanced squad. unfortunately someone has to miss out. Stoked they included Vito
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Colin on Wed 24/Aug/11 9:55am

Henry has never really liked Gear - doesn't need much of a reason to not pick him.
Colin
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby cruiser on Wed 24/Aug/11 10:28am

DC will DropGoal us to Glory - JK will rub his hands all the way to the voting table - IRB rubs their hands all the way to the bank...and nine months later Upper Hutt will have an ethnically diverse baby boom.
cruiser
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Wed 24/Aug/11 10:30am

ABs all the way, no doubt. :cool:
Oli
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Oli on Wed 24/Aug/11 10:31am

Oli wrote:ABs all the way, no doubt. :cool:
:paranoid:
Oli
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 24/Aug/11 10:39am

Joel wrote:i reckon they picked quite a balanced squad. unfortunately someone has to miss out. Stoked they included Vito

Yeah, him over Messam is another head-scratcher, but I guess Ted's got a game-plan he wants to use him in.
Scotty

Postby Joel on Wed 24/Aug/11 10:41am

Messam has struggled to make an impact.. i think he is a bloody good player, but seems to have not yet found his feet at test level.
Joel
"Style over speed"

Postby Scotty on Wed 24/Aug/11 10:44am

I would say exactly the same thing about Vito. :lol:
Scotty

Postby Joel on Wed 24/Aug/11 11:00am

:D
Joel
"Style over speed"

Postby cruiser on Wed 24/Aug/11 11:03am

The fringe players are realistically just cannon-fodder for training and to give big guns a rest. These guys aren't going to make the 22 so not really worth picking over. Vito is on the Up - Messam has flatlined.

At end of day if most of the following: McCaw, Carter, Thorn, Kaino, Read, Nonu, Smith and Franks are in the team we* can beast anyone regardless of the other players making up the team

*Im part of the team :paranoid:
cruiser
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Africa | Bicycle Repair | British Isles | Cycling | England | Europe | Multisport | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts