Re: Rwc

Postby wuffy on Sun 23/Oct/11 11:40pm

Indeed.

Stoked for Steve Donald.
wuffy
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby BikeKiller on Sun 23/Oct/11 11:41pm

I'ma give up watching this sport. My nerves are shot, my fingernails are bitten to nothing, My teeth are fully gnashed. I can't take much more. But we did it.

The recession shows no sign of abating. But we got the cup.

There's a ship spilling oil all over our coastline. BUT WE GOT THE CUP.

I'm a senile old git, who can't ride a bike very well. BUT! WE! GOT! THE! CUP!

Lord take me now, for my life is complete.
Last edited by BikeKiller on Sun 23/Oct/11 11:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
BikeKiller
"Hurro"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby scatter on Sun 23/Oct/11 11:42pm

wuffy wrote:Stoked for Steve Donald.

Yeah! Waikato boy now off to play for Bath. (my two favourite teams :cool: )
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby BikeKiller on Sun 23/Oct/11 11:44pm

wuffy wrote:Indeed.

Stoked for Steve Donald.

Go Beaver! I always get nervous when our fate's in his hands, but gotta say the hate heaped on Stephen Donald at times is rediculous and a little embarassing.
BikeKiller
"Hurro"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby properzel on Mon 24/Oct/11 12:15am

gg
properzel
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby istepinyards on Mon 24/Oct/11 12:57pm

Wonder if New Zealand can ever win a World Cup when it is not hosted by New Zealand?

Well deserved win by the All Blacks the best rugby team for the last 2 decades has finally won its second World Cup on home soil. After all that has happened within the country the last year and a bit, its fitting that New Zealand won.
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby cruiser on Mon 24/Oct/11 1:50pm

I reckon ABs would've had a better chance of beating france in france where frogs are talked up more with less exposure to [motivational] JingoNZ

Anywho: Job Done, well deserved especially for coaches and long-serving players. For the french to walk away winners would justify to some that playing rubbish tests is OK.

From that experience, lets hope the ABs finally get rid of the assumption "you can't rely on emotion to win games". That's clearly what helped NZ against Aussie and France against ABs

Dusautoir: His gameface is awesome!!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/im ... 70#8200133 :D

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-c ... 69#8199906 :D
cruiser
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Mon 24/Oct/11 2:11pm

istepinyards wrote:Wonder if New Zealand can ever win a World Cup when it is not hosted by New Zealand?

Well deserved win by the All Blacks the best rugby team for the last 2 decades has finally won its second World Cup on home soil. After all that has happened within the country the last year and a bit, its fitting that New Zealand won.
I wonder if the aussies or poms can ever win a WC agains, No fudging by their performances :p .

Now we've got the monkey off our collective back we can go back to back in Londres!!!!
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby istepinyards on Mon 24/Oct/11 2:41pm

CrustyMTB wrote:
istepinyards wrote:Wonder if New Zealand can ever win a World Cup when it is not hosted by New Zealand?

I wonder if the aussies or poms can ever win a WC agains, No fudging by their performances :p .

Now we've got the monkey off our collective back we can go back to back in Londres!!!!
I am very proud to say I never watched a game :thumbsup: No need its not a game of importance.
Now the fact that England hasn't won an "actual real" world cup since 1966 is a major sore point. :lol: The fact they can't win outside of the motherland is also a pressure point :D

Monkey off New Zealands back?, They can't win a world cup outside of their home country despite being the best team, no fudging that :sly:
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby brian245 on Mon 24/Oct/11 6:45pm

BikeKiller wrote:I'ma give up watching this sport. My nerves are shot, my fingernails are bitten to nothing, My teeth are fully gnashed. I can't take much more. But we did it.

The recession shows no sign of abating. But we got the cup.

There's a ship spilling oil all over our coastline. BUT WE GOT THE CUP.

I'm a senile old git, who can't ride a bike very well. BUT! WE! GOT! THE! CUP!

Lord take me now, for my life is complete.

If something this trivial makes your life complete you may as well go and top yourself now rather than waiting for divine intervention
brian245
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby cruiser on Mon 24/Oct/11 6:47pm

trivial is relative
cruiser
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Bigfoot on Mon 24/Oct/11 7:45pm

Still better than the Canucks loosing both times they hosted the final in Vancouver... :lol:
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Mon 24/Oct/11 8:32pm

Bigfoot wrote:

Still better than the Canucks loosing both times they hosted the final in Vancouver... :lol:
Or the Montreal Canadiens fans rioting when they won!!?!

We are the champions, my friends, we kept on fighting to the end, we are the champions, we are the champions, we are the champions, of the World!!!!!!
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby NaturalHigh on Tue 25/Oct/11 9:26am

I would say have more of a monkey on thier backs than the All Blacks, 3 RWC Finals and no cup wins. AT least we're 2 out of 3 in the finals.
NaturalHigh
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Bigfoot on Tue 25/Oct/11 10:13am

CrustyMTB wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:

Or the Montreal Canadiens fans rioting when they won!!?!

We are the champions, my friends, we kept on fighting to the end, we are the champions, we are the champions, we are the champions, of the World!!!!!!

Yep! This is why I support the ABs for as long as I can remember, it is nice to be behind a winning team for once :p
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Africa | Bicycle Repair | British Isles | Cycling | England | Europe | Multisport | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts