Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby apples&pears on Thu 5/May/11 8:06pm

I'm just getting back into all this mountain biking thing and wanted to know if these shuttles still run on the weekends?
I'll be slower than a grandad on a zimmer frame, but love the buzz of it.
apples&pears
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 5/May/11 8:23pm

http://www.southstaradventures.com/

all you need to know is on here, yes they run most weekends over winter, unless the weather is really bad
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby kona.stinky. on Thu 5/May/11 8:25pm

There is a shuttle day coming up on Friday the 13th, it is being run by Bicycle Science Tauranga, and the more people we get the cheaper it becomes.
More details here:
http://www.vorb.org.nz/pre-moonride-shuttles-fri-13th-may-rotorua-t111901.html
:thumbsup:
kona.stinky.
User avatar
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby Spokes on Fri 6/May/11 8:00am

apples&pears wrote:I'm just getting back into all this mountain biking thing and wanted to know if these shuttles still run on the weekends?
I'll be slower than a grandad on a zimmer frame, but love the buzz of it.


Well if you come to the shuttle day I will have somebody to ride with. :D :blush:
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby Mr_Bob on Fri 6/May/11 10:54am

Spokes wrote:
apples&pears wrote:I'm just getting back into all this mountain biking thing and wanted to know if these shuttles still run on the weekends?
I'll be slower than a grandad on a zimmer frame, but love the buzz of it.


Well if you come to the shuttle day I will have somebody to ride with. :D :blush:

Don't forget your spare hips and knee joints grandpa :D
I can remember you pushing me to go "bigger" and faster when we rode a few times in Auckland, You're still quick Rob!
Mr_Bob
User avatar
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby apples&pears on Fri 6/May/11 11:18am

I could be keen on the Friday 13th run, but for some reason I think something bad might happen :hmmm:
What time does it all start?
apples&pears
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby Mr_Bob on Fri 6/May/11 11:23am

You're not supersticous?
Planning for a 9:30 meeting at the waipa carpark, and be in the bus, ready to go by 10 am
Should get 7-8 shuttles in easily
I do need 20+ people to make it worth while running. - I can talk to south star if they will charge individually, but my thought is that they would prefer to charge one person (me) and then we divide the total cost amongst the 20+ riders on the day.
Mr_Bob
User avatar
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby kona.stinky. on Fri 6/May/11 3:36pm

Hey Mr_Bob how many riders have you got going so far ?
kona.stinky.
User avatar
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby NickCW on Fri 6/May/11 3:57pm

Saw Bobberson just before, sounds like there is a few of us, will try get a couple more punters this weekend
NickCW
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby Spokes on Fri 6/May/11 8:48pm

Mr_Bob wrote:
Spokes wrote:
apples&pears wrote:I'm just getting back into all this mountain biking thing and wanted to know if these shuttles still run on the weekends?
I'll be slower than a grandad on a zimmer frame, but love the buzz of it.


Well if you come to the shuttle day I will have somebody to ride with. :D :blush:

Don't forget your spare hips and knee joints grandpa :D
I can remember you pushing me to go "bigger" and faster when we rode a few times in Auckland, You're still quick Rob!


Im scared of breaking a hip. :blush:

Really looking forward to it. New Kona, got the adjustable post on it today. Just got to work out if clips or flats.....
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby slidecontrol on Fri 6/May/11 9:07pm

just go with one of each spokes :thumbsup:
slidecontrol
User avatar
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 6/May/11 9:18pm

Spokes wrote:
Mr_Bob wrote:
Spokes wrote:
apples&pears wrote:I'm just getting back into all this mountain biking thing and wanted to know if these shuttles still run on the weekends?
I'll be slower than a grandad on a zimmer frame, but love the buzz of it.


Well if you come to the shuttle day I will have somebody to ride with. :D :blush:

Don't forget your spare hips and knee joints grandpa :D
I can remember you pushing me to go "bigger" and faster when we rode a few times in Auckland, You're still quick Rob!


Im scared of breaking a hip. :blush:

Really looking forward to it. New Kona, got the adjustable post on it today. Just got to work out if clips or flats.....


Clips are for Kooks :p
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby Spokes on Fri 6/May/11 9:40pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Spokes wrote:
Mr_Bob wrote:
Spokes wrote:
apples&pears wrote:I'm just getting back into all this mountain biking thing and wanted to know if these shuttles still run on the weekends?
I'll be slower than a grandad on a zimmer frame, but love the buzz of it.


Well if you come to the shuttle day I will have somebody to ride with. :D :blush:

Don't forget your spare hips and knee joints grandpa :D
I can remember you pushing me to go "bigger" and faster when we rode a few times in Auckland, You're still quick Rob!


Im scared of breaking a hip. :blush:

Really looking forward to it. New Kona, got the adjustable post on it today. Just got to work out if clips or flats.....


Clips are for Kooks :p


You coming out for some "product testing" on friday?
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Rotorua Dh Shuttles??

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 6/May/11 9:45pm

Spokes wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:Clips are for Kooks :p


You coming out for some "product testing" on friday?


product testing, yeah right, that said I do have the day off, I'm just not sure what else I've got on that day already (must check with the boss)
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Shuttling - Latest Posts

Who is online

54 Users browsing this website: Conners, DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], shmoodiver, Velocipedestrian and 47 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles